Use the IFBC branch to test PvP balancing

DeletedUser15368

Yeah nothing on damage reduction, which was the entire point.... but also nothing on rewards to actually encourage attendance, or class bonuses to make being a Soldier or Advent fun again, which is a shame. Hopefully more to come.

I've updated the OP to reflect where we are and what we still need. (Spoiler - damage reduction)

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderTr

Of all the "very important" feedback, basically only %1 or so was applied after 3-4 months of 'testing' , shame indeed.

That being said, apparently Event server was in no position to reflect the reality of the 'real' (aka live) servers even with everyone using proper FF gear and Skills.
(Except Union Officer that is)

So I guess we are better of 'testing' stuff on Live servers directly..
Nothing to lose anyhow :-D

Luke Cow Walker

I don´t think that players prefer damager builds coz they are more fun or coz of broken formula or whatnot. The main reason is a broken rewards system for FFs which favors high damage. If tanks would have the same chance to get the max number of bonds from battle like damagers, we would see more players with high hp builds.

RaiderTr

It's safe to say that considerable amount of Damagers are playing as Damagers because Tanking isn't fun for years. (and Union Officer's existence..)
I've been one of those in Colorado too, as a Worker, but I didn't really have fun as Damager either. Because; 1st, I don't wanna be DPS'er, and 2nd, it's lame and cheesy with such high Damages/hit Ratios..

Number of Bonds & the amount of Experience favor Damagers by a lot because Damages have gone over the roof.
But yea, Hp loss ain't rewarded at all. It's only Dodges and Adventurers don't dodge.

So they shouldve fixed both cheesy Damage formula (& cheesy Leadership skill that also boosts Hit & Dodge chances) and Rewarding system, along with current Changes.

For more detailed infos one can check the 1st page of this thread and the links I've posted right below original post..

Last edited:

cpt.N3M0

as you demonstrated there re a lot of different ideas abouts fort fights and what should be done to improve them;
those 2 links upward are two of those that i posted maybe are stravangant... expetially the one about rifle would cause
lots of caos on ff..

i think that we should gather them toghever and discuss them 1by1 weekly... that's what civil people does ...
that mean someone is gonna take care of the organization , the calendar and the creation and moderation of singular post..
the owner of the idea will explain it when its his weeks ... otherwise we always gonna fall off topics...

like .... i wish it would be a tank set exclusive for defence that provide more stats , hp and resistance soo people would stood on towers
and we would have more than a 15% win rate on defences...

ohh right ... i forgot... i am favorable to a place to test all those changes and if beta would not have the right player bases
it would be fine in my opinion to make some friendly game on IFBS... it would create a sense of internationality and consolidates teams

Last edited:

DeletedUser15368

Al35ul CM said:
Note that we are trying to stray away from creating ''over powered'' (as some might call them) sets that will simply make previous ones (Livingston, zapata) redundant. I understand that this has ,indeed, been the case for sets that suit duelers
As per this post by the Beta CM, I feel that I can actually strike off one of the key parts of the non-formula elements of the grand plan.
Sets must have a hard cap on the number of attribute and skill points they can give
Nice, this can enable further formula balancing :up:

RaiderTr

We all know there is no "hard cap" when it comes to Damager sets though.

Captain set proved that.
Being better than Union Officer in some ways.

RaiderTr

create a new reward pool that's good enough to encourage attendance
During the tests on Event server, they gave some Craft items (like Wonder Tincture, Booby traps) , Shop items and even Free Sp.

There ain't a Random such mechanism thou so they had to pick some pre-rewards per Battle.

Now imagine that with automated random script/mechanism.

And this is only one of the ideas.

I'm having real hard time to understand as to why they spend extremely little to no-time with the feature bringing the most revenue.
On a side note I think we should request a name change for this thread now

Something like.. "Fort Battle Improvements: All in One Thread"

cpt.N3M0

an hard cap to skills and attributes is a very nice thing to do !!

but i would like to put another point on the main board of FF balancing ...
since you - innogames are trying to slow down the flow of damage dealt each round by snipers
it maybe time to give some love to tanks , we ("tanks") would like to do more damage in game
and be somehow more helpful than just a meatshield...
from my experience in the last month and a half i couldnt reach more than 3500 hp of damage per FF
with the maximum hit yesterday night where i did just 1000 hp ...
my suggestion is to put a + att bonus on tank set just to let them hit ...
you nerfed already our damage way ... way... down , soo what is the problem
if we hit 4-5 times more per games .
Snipers with 4-5 hit may do between 4000 to 10 000 damage but a tank would not
even pass the 2000 hp .

RaiderTr

The tested new Damage formula was actually adressing that issue but it was.. giving a bit too high boost to Tanks, almost not penalising Hp. (While lowering the Damage of no-Hp builds a little bit)

So it needed some "fine tuning" but for some reason they gave up on that and we are back to Cheesy Damage (and Weak Resist) formula..

Last edited:

Zuluski

it maybe time to give some love to tanks , we ("tanks") would like to do more damage in game
and be somehow more helpful than just a meatshield...

That is a splendid suggestion under the current circumstances where everyone is praying and hoping that something is gonna be done to decrease the overall damage done in fort fights.

Formula coupled with the current sets and total bias towards dueler class has made the fort fights a turkey shoot where blocking anything is nothing but a joke.
All of the above have made a total mockery of the 4 character classes we have available in the game and vast majority of players no longer play / untilise their classes in fort fights the way those classes were intended and designed to be be utilised.

You want some more love for the tanks? Ask for better sets that will nullify or at least hamper the damagers. Ask for work on the current formula to be continued, but the last thing you should be asking for is more damage for the non dueller classes.

cpt.N3M0

yeah.. i am struggling a bit since the free tank set ... courtier ... has no boost for attacks : no aim or leadership unlike livingston.
if you play like that you re really just a turkey because you get him EVERYTIME with few chance to dodge as you said....
but what is most enraging is that you have a chance to hit a target once every 20 round... maybe...

its ok that they re trying to reduce the dmg but the actual dmg of tanks in ff is les than 15% .. its just a supposition is the closest number
i thought...am i off topic?

RaiderTr

If its related to FFs no you aint off-topic :-D

They ain't currently trying to reduce the Damages tho.. Like I said, new formulas are abondoned, for now, or for good, dunno which.

As for Courtier.. Yea it's only "good" if you have nothing else (that are up-to-date) ..
In any case even the "Best" Tank set doesn't offer much against absurdly high (and very often) Damages.

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
things that are free are usually not that good...

however I like the idea of stealing damage from damagers and giving it to tanks. make duellers skill as tanks - but I think it's forbidden, just can't find the part in the rules that states it

Pankreas PorFavor

make duellers skill as tanks - but I think it's forbidden

I have never heard of any rule that forbids you to put SP/AP wherever you want. if you want to be a dueler with all points in strength/HP, or an adventurer with everything in charisma/animal instinct, or any other combination - that is up to you.

DeletedUser15368

Dueller Tanks used to be MVP class, Leadership Soldiers used to allow points to hold for a few extra rounds.
Now it's all damage.

RaiderTr

So the image below shows the points gained from Battles to update the Fort Battle ranks.

I mean.. Do I even need to explain the issue?
I will give a hint tho.. Dodges are very rarely over 100 but such Damages are very common and can go higher even.
(I know "Hits Taken" also counted. But same issue as above)

Screenshot_1.png

Of course this is one part of the issue.. There is Bonds, Exps part..

Conclusion is simple: Game doesn't reward Tanking and being a Damager is "easy mode" even if you are not getting Nugget sets.

Last edited:

Nisa

I wish we could limit sets per class, same as we used to have class quests .

I am annoyed to see an advent upgrading damage set :annoyed: leave it to duelers and upgrade HP set !

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
I have never heard of any rule that forbids you to put SP/AP wherever you want. if you want to be a dueler with all points in strength/HP, or an adventurer with everything in charisma/animal instinct, or any other combination - that is up to you.
It was said with a bit of sarcasm, as duellers never ever skill for tanks, no matter how much their side needs hp. Some would say they are extremely selfish, since many of them don't actually make enough damage to warrant having low hp. They would be better for the team as tanks, but as they might crit once or twice so god forbid.