US Prison Rape

DeletedUser31931

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20586070

So having read this article a question comes to mind, would you implement higher security measures, if not why so, if yes then what measures and why? I would implement CCTV and have an independent review board, but the problem I see is that the guards would just find more ways to hide the evidence of their crimes. What are your thoughts?

DeletedUser

Yeah, I'd replace at least 50% of the male guards with female guards.

DeletedUser31931

And then you would expect the female guards to stop these occurrences from happening. Rape can be committed by either sex, even lesbian rape. Yes I know that's a small amount of the population that are openly lesbian but what's to stop the male guards from abusing the female guards to get them to turn a blind eye. Some people are so sick and twisted they will do whatever they have to do to get their way. You seriously think they'd treat female prison guards different to female prisoners? In their minds the only word that really matters is the first one, that they are female.

DeletedUser16008

I suspect male rape in prison is far far higher, usually between inmates. You just don't see it taken that seriously compared. Agreed cutting the male prison wardens down in a womens prison would reduce things greatly though.

DeletedUser31931

So then Victor, how would you solve the problem of male rape in prison by the inmates?

DeletedUser

What about rape alarms sewn into the inmate's clothing?

I was given one of those by an over protective parent during high school, disguised as a pen when you pulled off the lid everyone would look at you ;)

DeletedUser21689

Quis Custodiet ipsos Custodes.

That doesn't say, lose weight by eating custard, By the way..

Last edited by a moderator: