Uploading images

• Thread starter DeletedUser31931
  • Start date

DeletedUser31931

So I've recently started doing signature work (mostly for myself and a couple of friends, but I will start taking requests as soon as I get this figured out) and I've got a couple done, but I've sort of run into a hitch. I don't actually have anywhere to upload them to on the internet, which means that I can't reference them as an image. What websites would some of you pros recommend I upload to. I'd like the name of the website along with a quick review. If I get a good response, maybe the mods could make a new thread listing all the places and sticky it for future graphic artists looking for a place to upload their images so that they can get some advice.

jarograv

Flickr - Requires a yahoo account, nice if you want to organise your sigs and any other media you create. I used to use this when I wanted to have my uploads organised by sigs, backgrounds, large art, etc.

Imageshack - What I use for the most part now, pretty good for sigs.

Neither of the two are really "better" but they just offer a different functionality with flickr having loads of feature that can be confusing and imageshack being a barebones image uploader.

p.s.- Lightshot or any other screen capping program can be pretty useful if you want people's opinion on changes you are making to their sig or if you want people's opinion on a piece in general. I use Lightshot and when you have a picky customer (*cough* Apel *cough*) it helps if they can have their say in creating the sig.

DeletedUser34315

Imgur is way easier to use than tinypic. I'd definitely recommend it.

Slygoxx

I currently use photobucket, it allows you to put your images into folders, and because it did not randomise your image url (particularly useful when I used to have my random signature). It does randomise it now though, so that's one advantage gone. I still like the folder structure though, so I'll still keep using it for most of my uploading needs.

DeletedUser22685

Imgur is the best one that I've used. Been through Imageshack and Tinypic, neither of which are as good.

DeletedUser31931

Well thank you for the advice. I've decided in the end to go for Imgur and you can now see one of my works on display as my signature.

Last edited by a moderator: