Upgraded items flop?

DeletedUser35520

@ Rick

The fact that even a level 1 Outlaw Rifle is better than most event guns says nothing to you? Isn't this poor planning? Even a normal gun that's upgraded (can't recall the name atm, I'm tired) is better than many event guns! Even the upcoming event gun. If you don't think this is hilarious, what can I say, I rest my case...

and all of this info has been around for several weeks... in addition to the fact that EVERYONE can get an outlaw rifle and upgrade it. Also, I have stated many times on beta that event winner items, gt, and howdahs should be upgradeable in hopes of changing it BEFORE it arrived here. where was everyone then? try to be informed before you rest your case in the future

P.S- i literally said in the post before that i thought this was rushed and poorly planned and have many other times, but its here now so best thing to do is adjust to it or offer constructive feedback to improve the current system

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser20054

I'm tired of giving them constructive feedback to be honest. Every time, for every thing they do, no matter what feedback we give them on beta or any place else, it seems like they are rushing it just to get it done and move on. Latest exception though was the duelling update: They adjusted the KO time which was a positive move.

They first time they rushed, we gave them feedback, we fixed it and moved on.
The second time, the same.
The third time, the same.

I've lost count though on which time of this circle of "rushing - drama - fixing - move on" we are at the moment. It has come to a point that almost every update is a mess up because it was rushed. Beta is for testing. They have feedback on beta, use it, for the love of God. And I'm running out of patience. It's time for some professionalism. They are selling a service. They ought to try to make sure it's a good one.

As for the constructive feedback it has already been given to those that counts. Again.

PS: I'm well informed, my dear. If you read my sentence correctly you'd realise how the "rest my case" phrase was used. Anyway, I don't have anything against you in the end, you're just another player.

asdf124

What if they simply remove the ability to upgrade items using nuggets. That should make some peeps happy. It would certainly make the other party unhappy too.

DeletedUser34408

Personally, I was always wary of the possibility of upgrading items ever since the idea was first tossed around some time ago. I never understood the hype and saw far too many ways for it to potentially go wrong compared to any benefits it could provide. All the same, I'd urge people not to quit or swear off nuggets just a day after the update. There really hasn't been enough time to judge whether the theoretical scenarios will play out in practice.

Reducing nuggets from 4750 to 4000 for the top money bracket is reason enough for me not to purchase nuggets again, that decision also helped eliminate one, if not the most prolific nugget spenders on Arizona recently. Citing a 1 or 2% increase in VAT for a reduction of 750 nuggets yet keeping the price the same at 79.95 EU is just a slap in the face, VAT is payable on the purchase price of nuggets and not the nuggets themselves but in their wisdom instead of finding some economic equilibrium that would benefit the player and INNO at the same time like increasing the price by a euro or 2 to pay for the VAT increase but also compensating the players with a euro or 2 more nuggets. Instead we have a economic philosophy that's banking on giving people less in hope they purchase more which may work temporarily in the short term but history tells us such economic philosophy's never work in the long term.

In essence, I personally don't see much melodrama with the various rebuttals listed on this thread and others but rather players asking "am I getting value for money?".

DeletedUser35520

I'm tired of giving them constructive feedback to be honest. Every time, for every thing they do, no matter what feedback we give them on beta or any place else, it seems like they are rushing it just to get it done and move on. Latest exception though was the duelling update: They adjusted the KO time which was a positive move.

They first time they rushed, we gave them feedback, we fixed it and moved on.
The second time, the same.
The third time, the same.

I've lost count though on which time of this circle of "rushing - drama - fixing - move on" we are at the moment. It has come to a point that almost every update is a mess up because it was rushed. Beta is for testing. They have feedback on beta, use it, for the love of God. And I'm running out of patience. It's time for some professionalism. They are selling a service. They ought to try to make sure it's a good one.

As for the constructive feedback it has already been given to those that counts. Again.

PS: I'm well informed, my dear. If you read my sentence correctly you'd realise how the "rest my case" phrase was used. Anyway, I don't have anything against you in the end, you're just another player.

lol but you didn't rest your case, as indicated by this new post. as for the having nothing against me... who cares, I don't. I am talking about upgrading items, which is what players should be doing and if my opinion doesn't agree with a part of yours its not personal. If you chose to remain silent on the issue for your various reasons, fine, but if you do nothing to try to avoid a train wreck before it happens, then just complain when it does, what weight does your opinion hold? It doesn't go both ways, you cannot care, but also care... The feedback for upgrades appeared even on this forum a couple weeks back, very few chose to to say anything, now many complain. This expectation that the game should magically be catered to each and every individual's game play style or that every update will be perfect, amazing, and improve the game is nonsense. You will have a hard time finding another game that allows players to play on their beta server and offer feedback both before and during updates, so why not take advantage of that even if it does not always go your way? And when it does not, be realistic about the changes. Upgrading items is not the death nail in the west that some are making it out to be. It actually does not change that much about the game. But I am happy to see many more using the forum, even if it is for negative criticism

i have talked with several about item leveling and still have yet to hear how it is actually killing the game. Yes, some rifles and dueling weapons can be upgraded beyond event and rare items, but how many players per server have the ability to do so, very few. And out of those who do, not all will because of the cost. Its less than 1% of players have one of these L5 items, so how is it ruining the game? And, those items being upgraded are available to all players. Might take a lot of work and you may not get the item you want for a few months, but at least you have the ability. The venomous snake is more detrimental to "fairness" then this, as it was a "one time" item for just money. Event winners, as I have said before, they can feel jilted, but all of their responses have been why would they spend to try and win another set... So don't and hopefully that leads to some sort of fix in regards to items becoming obsolete a few months after you buy them.

I wish they had taken a lot more time with this update to fix issues with stat increases, certain items not being upgradable, etc... but this is the leveling system right now. Does it make the stronger players stronger, yes, but no more so than any other type scenario. Skill buying, tombolas themselves, event winner sets... all have helped those who spend nuggets get an edge and it has not killed the game. This will not either... just give it some time

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser4547

Since I have to refresh everytime I open the inventory page and cannot upgrade the Personal Colt, I could care less about the feature.

asdf124

lol but you didn't rest your case, as indicated by this new post. as for the having nothing against me... who cares, I don't. I am talking about upgrading items, which is what players should be doing and if my opinion doesn't agree with a part of yours its not personal. If you chose to remain silent on the issue for your various reasons, fine, but if you do nothing to try to avoid a train wreck before it happens, then just complain when it does, what weight does your opinion hold? It doesn't go both ways, you cannot care, but also care... The feedback for upgrades appeared even on this forum a couple weeks back, very few chose to to say anything, now many complain. This expectation that the game should magically be catered to each and every individual's game play style or that every update will be perfect, amazing, and improve the game is nonsense. You will have a hard time finding another game that allows players to play on their beta server and offer feedback both before and during updates, so why not take advantage of that even if it does not always go your way? And when it does not, be realistic about the changes. Upgrading items is not the death nail in the west that some are making it out to be. It actually does not change that much about the game. But I am happy to see many more using the forum, even if it is for negative criticism

i have talked with several about item leveling and still have yet to hear how it is actually killing the game. Yes, some rifles and dueling weapons can be upgraded beyond event and rare items, but how many players per server have the ability to do so, very few. And out of those who do, not all will because of the cost. Its less than 1% of players have one of these L5 items, so how is it ruining the game? And, those items being upgraded are available to all players. Might take a lot of work and you may not get the item you want for a few months, but at least you have the ability. The venomous snake is more detrimental to "fairness" then this, as it was a "one time" item for just money. Event winners, as I have said before, they can feel jilted, but all of their responses have been why would they spend to try and win another set... So don't and hopefully that leads to some sort of fix in regards to items becoming obsolete a few months after you buy them.

I wish they had taken a lot more time with this update to fix issues with stat increases, certain items not being upgradable, etc... but this is the leveling system right now. Does it make the stronger players stronger, yes, but no more so than any other type scenario. Skill buying, tombolas themselves, event winner sets... all have helped those who spend nuggets get an edge and it has not killed the game. This will not either... just give it some time

I have to say that the event credit card sets are one of best sets due to the 20% exp bonus is one of them.

Musa, you have abused the set by getting 11k exp from one duel which is insane compared to 5K for other players until this update which nerfed the dueling levels. But it did indeed do what its job was, which is level up faster.

I think that your more worried about potential but forgetting statistics of whom have the ability to do it as rick said.

The have nots ability to upgrade an item isn't bad since they get 15 nuggets per week and if the cinema works, it is more. I wonder why they didn't add paying with bonds, but it is their job to think about it.

In my opinion, they should add paying with bonds since some items can be bought that way, thus, they should have it to be able to make it a fairer game.

Harper axes and boon axes can get high hits as the howdah or gt, precise colt dragoon and nickel plated tomehawk has the ability. But, the expenses isn't necessarily worth it.

Musa, you have an edge in trying to get outlaw rifle to rank 5, yet your complaining about it?

At least now, you don't have a monopoly over the best items in the game but they aren't bad at all.

DeletedUser

Since I have to refresh everytime I open the inventory page and cannot upgrade the Personal Colt, I could care less about the feature.

Try disabling the TW Collections script if you have it I had the same problem until I disabled that script.

I love my level 2 Stranger's Colt :)

DeletedUser33342

60798152.jpg

DeletedUser23252

One problem I noticed 2 items upgrade the same as three items, as an example 2 pinters tie give +1 to all skills and 3 pinters hats also give +1 to all skills. Having 3 items is a waste you are basically loosing 1 item.

DeletedUser23252

No I haven't actually upgraded anything yet I was basing my information on the result preview

Deleted User - 1693871

You will find that you need 3 items to do the actual upgrade, though putting just one in the upgrade slot lets you see what the results will be if you upgrade 3.

DeletedUser

You know how some people always get sayings wrong? I worked with a guy like that. For this one, he was absolutely convinced that the saying was, "Assumption is the presumption of all mother...." I couldn't stop laughing when he first said it. He wouldn't be told that he was wrong. :D

DeletedUser8627

Good morning ladies and gentlemen,

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedback - it is appreciated even though you don't believe you're being heard. I'm constantly in contact with the people responsible and constantly providing them with feedback and opinions from our playerbase.

Feedback placed in this thread has been sent off for review. Let's hope for a positive change!