update

Discussion in 'Questions & Guides' started by J O H N W A Y N E, Dec 9, 2008.

Share This Page

1. CraZ

CraZ Guest

It's never gonn'a get out of BETA.

2. Lone Ranger

Lone Ranger Guest

I wouldn't mind the new job locations so much, but the jobs that I do on a regular basis added about 50 minutes (back and forth) to my usual travel times. On top of that, none of them are close together, so that's a good half hour more between jobs. Lot's more wasted time traveling instead of doing jobs.

Ultimately, it's not so bad accept that our towns were founded where they were for a reason. I understand getting rid of some of the already existing jobs in order to replace them with the new jobs, but to move everything doesn't seem that necessary. I guess it is due to the world's patterns.

3. Talamare

Talamare Well-Known Member

OMG I just realized it now, they moved one of my jobs super far away!

*commits seppuku*

4. baibai130

baibai130 Guest

I agree. Gemstone searching and Digging graves was near my town before, but now they are far away and need more skill points as well.

5. TimeWalker

TimeWalker Guest

w2 they (best word) removed 8 of 10 jobs that were under 20 mins from my town got one job in replacement

6. sdjx22

sdjx22 Well-Known Member

Exactly. They have obviously noticed that people had it too easy i.e. all the similar grouped jobs nearby and wish to make it more difficult. It is their right to do so.

I for one think it's a good idea. More jobs, and harder to get to.

What they should do, though, is offer a refund to those players who pay for premium but dislike the update and now want to leave the game.

On another point, does anyone know what level the new quests are at?

7. TimeWalker

TimeWalker Guest

and someone tell me WTH is up with "building a fort" 1 red 2 blue and a double yellow construction TRAPPING repairing double Leadership

8. Krondore

Krondore Guest

Yes it is the games makers right to change things around totaly when ever they feel like doing so.....but it is our right not to like or enjoy the changes...

But i still think new updates should be for new worlds not the exsisting ones..

The players that will like the changes are the ones that have good jobs near to them that didnt before.

In one world i was just able to do carving out claims ( did four hours of it last night, now im unable to do that job :( )

They should put in a redo skills option ( for free as a one time thing for all worlds )

9. TimeWalker

TimeWalker Guest

another totally worthless job

Build irrigation system

94%

[​IMG] 2 hours [​IMG] $ 9 [​IMG] 24 Experience points [​IMG] You drive your spade into your foot. You lose 1 health point.

10. Talamare

ok repairing and leadership is like - fine... it just means youre more of the 'foreman' and not the actual guy with the wood and nails

but i dont get the trapping either

11. klondike

klondike Guest

I am willing to give them a CHANCE to fix it, but if they don't I probably won't stay either. You can't just MOVE JOBS AROUND in worlds that have already been created, since it messes it up for almost everyone. :-(
    Very Poor Decision on their part. Hopefully they fix it within a week.

12. Talamare

buy a horse and stop whining

13. Rider

Rider Guest

well my town was in an awesome position and now I am surrounded by picking tobacco and stream fishing?? Why?? The old positions were much better than these. Now I have to walk 30 minutes away to the nearest half decent job? What a waste of an update...

14. klondike

klondike Guest

It is a fact that some town sites are better than others, but now what is a good town site one day is a terrible one the next and everyone is stuck. Based on the other posters [including some by top level players], they seem to agree with my view.
    It is not whining, since it just happened, now if a couple weeks go by and they say they are leaving it alone, THAN it would be whining, but NOT right now.

15. TimeWalker

TimeWalker Guest

I have a white horse and my jobs moved from 5 mins to almost 30mins.. tell me how that is "RIGHT"

16. TimeWalker

TimeWalker Guest

Hmmm I wonder how many more infractions I'm gonna earn before the day is out!

17. Little-Jack

Little-Jack Guest

PLEASE RESET OUR SKILL PIOINTs AS WELL YOU LAMEAZZES!!! not only i can't do the jobs because the skill poinst are totally different from what i have but you also MOVED the jobs AWAY. RESET TOWNS. LET US RELOCATE our villages you $%^$^#$%^$ and RE ADJUST OUR SKILL POINTS NOW!!!

DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB DUMB

18. Talamare

I see at least 1

19. Lone Ranger

Lone Ranger Guest

That is another issue all together. We all put our skills to a certain way so we could get certain jobs. Now those skills are virtually worthless.

I hate to say it, but I have thought for quite some time that these changes only benefit the high lvl players and make it harder for us lower lvl players get anywhere fast (especially as fast as they were able to advance).

I realize this is beta and will change often, but sometimes they don't seem to be done fairly.

20. sdjx22

sdjx22 Well-Known Member

1) Just because a 'top level player' agrees with you, doesn't add any more weight to the argument. Thier view is as important, but no more, than a level 1 'newb'.

2)How does when it happened affect whether it's whining or not? It doesn't. Whining is whining.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2008