Update to 1.27

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Well as we get updated first on W1 new info concerning 1.27 update is most important to us. There is a blog on Beta forum where info on this update is being translated from german servers.

CHECK THIS LINK FOR UP TO DATE INFORMATION

mickey1992:

"... And here are the first official information on 1.27:

- there will be some changes in the interface/ layout.

- the working system will be changed. Especially the working times will be influenced by 1.27

- new statistics of works will be collectable

- all fortfighters will be able to get to know their recruting status and who have recruted them

- bugfix: "reservist" and "traitor" status will be shown rightly now.

- some new premiumfeatures. Details are not confirmed yet, because the features become tested on the internal beta right now.

- new non-premium-feature: NPC-Duels on the map and instantduels. Instantduels, that means, that you can duel everyone directly at the place where he is standing and not in the saloon of the otherone's town. Maybe this thing will be in 1.28, the devs don't know yet how fast they'll be able to develope it.

Source of information: http://forum.the-west.de/showthread.php?t=32756"

Further news concerning the 1.27 and its changes:

1) Works:
- 2 hours of work will be as effective as 1 hour is now (luck, money, xp, motivation, etc). Here's an example:
Old: 2 Hours need 24 Energypoints and give 120$ and 100 XP
New: 1 Hour needs 24 Energypoints and gives 120$ and 100 XP

- There won't be a 2-hours-work any more.

- You will be able to set 3 works in your activity queue without premium and with premium 8 works.

=> The game becomes a bit more time-consuming but if you are active, you'll be more effective than before.

2) Duels:
- Duelprotection will be still active as now (duels only possible, if you are a member of a town)

- The duelfeature is the last feature on the To-Do-List for 1.27. If there will occure some problems, this feature might become set back for an undefinite time.

- Duels will be possible, while standing quite close to your enemy. You needn't stand on the same field as him.

- There will be two new "areas" in the duelmenu
-> 1. NPC-Duels: There you will be able to choose an npc-opponent from a list of npcs. NPCs which you couldn't defeat will stay in the list. The ones which you defeat will get out of the list and become after some time replaced by another one (or the same, not sure right now).
-> 2. Regular Duels: This will be a list of about 10-20 players, which are nearly as strong as you. Its function is to find possible opponents fastly.

- If you started a duel and your opponent changes his position, this won't take any effect on the duel, so that the duel will take place even if your opponent is not nearby you.

----

DeletedUser1121

you can duel everyone directly at the place where he is standing and not in the saloon of the otherone's town. Maybe this thing

I like this one the most! Don't know if i like the update one vs two hour job.
Will hve to see that one first

But overall, i like the way this game is developping.

DeletedUser

- There won't be a 2-hours-work any more.

- You will be able to set 3 works in your activity queue without premium and with premium 8 works.

=> The game becomes a bit more time-consuming but if you are active, you'll be more effective than before.

You just took my interest out of the game. There was nothing better than scheduling 4 hours of work and not having to check the game for the time being. I hope it was some joke or a bad translation.

DeletedUser

Well you'll still be able to schedule 3 hours of work and not have to log in... so it's not a big difference, just an hour!

Besiides, if you really don't want to log in that often, you can also make your character work in a position that will take him an hour to get to ;) then that'll make 4 hours!

DeletedUser

what, more time-consuming, the first thing i love about this game is it is not time-consuming so i can spend my real life some where else when my character working

DeletedUser

Well you'll still be able to schedule 3 hours of work and not have to log in... so it's not a big difference, just an hour!

Besiides, if you really don't want to log in that often, you can also make your character work in a position that will take him an hour to get to ;) then that'll make 4 hours!

What anhlong said:

what, more time-consuming, the first thing i love about this game is it is not time-consuming so i can spend my real life some where else when my character working

Pardrus, while there is only an hour difference in 3 hours I will acquire cash equal to 6 hours of work. A simple duel and a pile of dollars is lost. With my adventurer I used to bank after every job if I have the time, since most jobs were like 5 minutes away and I all had to do is get online, bank the money and go back working.

Now, that I play as soldier and I rarely work and am not afraid of anyone dueling me it would not affect me too much, but devs plan more changes to the game which I may say I find horrific and everyday things are getting worse and worse.

DeletedUser

I personally like tha changes - in just 3 hours we will get exp and money and luck of 6 hours.
And i really see no problem of being dueled - you must want to be dueled to be dueled. When i dont want it - noone duels me or any other good player i know.

DeletedUser

They are forcing people to get automation/energy premiums cutting the work times. But if you are active enough and have time to sleep, etc - you have no problems.

DeletedUser14029

Scrap this, I can't buy Premium anyway :D
just sleep in a large fort and spam jobs...

DeletedUser23701

I've few questions about decrease working time to 1h.

* restore of energy/HP in hotels will change or not
* restore of energy/HP NOT in hotels will change or not
* restore of work motivation will restore quicker or not
right now 1% is restoring in 2h, so, I can use cycle of 6 jobs, but for work in 1h I'll have to work lot other works, if I have energy
* restore of work motivation by building town will restore quicker or not

Personally, I like idea to decrease working time for same result.
All what people will have to do, is sleep more.
If players will sleep more, duelers will have to be more active to get some one on. :)
But if dueler will get some one on, the haul can be bigger. ;)

DeletedUser

They are forcing people to get automation/energy premiums cutting the work times. But if you are active enough and have time to sleep, etc - you have no problems.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking. With Automation you can schedule 8 jobs. Paired up with More Energy, you can schedule your whole day in a few seconds. The sole idea of this is that more money is spent on premium and perhaps make the game faster.

DeletedUser544

yeah as usual, a bunch of updates for new players
and nothing for capped players who are sitting with our thumbs up our "you know what"

regarding the dueling system changes, my first inclination is to say "cool they made it more realistic"
my problem is, why wasn't this done earlier in the game? why did they wait for people to hit lvl99, get their duel build completely set the way they like it... and then start changing the fundamentals of the dueling system (a SYSTEMATIC change) right out from underneath of us once again that punishes old players and rewards new players

DeletedUser3543

Mickey1992 said he will update the info on Beta forums tomorrow but I hardly doubt there will be fort shops. :sad:

Another part of the 2009 roadmap that still goes unfulfilled :(

DeletedUser15491

this is a great way to get more cash, experience points, and you can find more items in less amount of time. (Maybe Pro100 can finally find the note piece No. 1)

:):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

DeletedUser15491

also it makes the dueler class more effective, in making more money

Status
Not open for further replies.