Update: Poker comments

DeletedUser

I've briefly played poker and I have a few comments about how it is working right now.

- You cannot undo 'leave at the end of the round'.
- The history pane on the bottom right should not be forced to scroll down on every action in the game. Now it scrolls down with every action a player takes and even when someone chats.
- Raises, etc. should be displayed much clearer. Perhaps a "+ $100" next to the player until the end of the round.
- The final step in a round, where the winner is found, needs to be much clearer too. Just like with raising, you cannot use that small history panel for critical information like this.
- Let people 'queue-up' their action. You already have the fold/check, call/check buttons. Let people who the game isn't waiting on yet give the option to choose those actions in advance. Fold/check when no one has raised. Call/check if someone does raise.

DeletedUser16002

- You should be able to increase the blind/buy in.
- Add an incentive to actually win, right now you can just go all in every game and chance your arm without any penaltys.
- Add a 15/30 second timer option when making a lobby.

DeletedUser16002

Another one - Ability to spectate games. If a game is full of your friends and you want to see whos winning its not possible.

DeletedUser

This is obviously a process in the works... but my A.D.D. really needs a *Ding* when it is my turn. Minor item but could really use that. I have to watch the history pane to follow the process. I know... I know... that comment wins the laziest person award.

DeletedUser9470

This is obviously a process in the works... but my A.D.D. really needs a *Ding* when it is my turn. Minor item but could really use that. I have to watch the history pane to follow the process. I know... I know... that comment wins the laziest person award.

agreed, the playability is awful.

DeletedUser24373

I do not like how if you lose a hand, it immediately places you in the lobby with no idea what winning hands or cards were.

DeletedUser

This is obviously a process in the works...
Yes it is and devs stated it for endless number of times.
It's crucial we all try it and give some feedback on it so it can be polished towards our wishes. However I spotted some thread where a player heard it's Texas hold 'em, and said something like "in that case I refuse to try it". Man... We can't go forward.

DeletedUser

However I spotted some thread where a player heard it's Texas hold 'em, and said something like "in that case I refuse to try it"

I would have been disappointed if it wasn't Texas Hold'em. That aspect will hopefully stay the same. It is the most popular style of poker in the world and imo, the most exciting style.

DeletedUser9470

It's crucial we all try it and give some feedback on it so it can be polished towards our wishes. However I spotted some thread where a player heard it's Texas hold 'em, and said something like "in that case I refuse to try it". Man... We can't go forward.

go to fulltiltpoker.com the setup is very basic, very user friendly and logical.

DeletedUser

I foresee push poker. Also, I hope our poker stats get reset once beta ends, cuz i've been going all in.....

DeletedUser

It's an anachronism. Texas Hold 'Em wasn't invented until the 20th century.

I understand that it doesn't fall within the same time period as the game. I guess that doesn't bother me as much as others... apparently, in relation to that person.

BTW, had to google anachronism. Nice word use ;)

DeletedUser21720

oops, i posted a thread in the ideas section about this just now. didnt know there was already a topic on this. i see there are similar complaints/suggestions, however.

DeletedUser

I said:

Ok then it's not for me.

I find Texas too luck based.