Update: Poker comments

DeletedUser31389

Well it's not. It's more skill-based than other kinds of poker.

Poker in The West is not at all skill based.
I mean what kind of a poker it is where you dont need a poker face?????.

DeletedUser

Poker in The West is not at all skill based.
I mean what kind of a poker it is where you dont need a poker face?????.
Online poker does take some different skills than poker irl, but it still takes skill. The worst thing about online Texas hold em to me is that it's harder to play against people who don't know what they're doing because they're more unpredictable. Playing against drunks irl is the same way. ;)

I love the way in old Westerns, you could spot the best poker players because they were the ones who got four aces or a royal flush.

DeletedUser

I love the way in old Westerns, you could spot the best poker players because they were the ones who got four aces or a royal flush.

Or the person with the scariest reputation. Nobody's going to re-raise him/her (PC). ;)

DeletedUser25233

-there are bugs with doing the action you've chosen. There're a number of times I've chosen an action like check/raise whatever (and done so promptly), and the computer has made me fold - outrageous if you've got the 'stone cold nuts' for example.
-need options to set up rooms with fixed stakes and unlimited stakes
-when the use of in-game money comes in, we'll need an experienced administrator and overseer-programs to curb cheating
-it might be nice to have an option of setting up a few different types of poker. I personally prefer Texas hold'em, but the difference in programming between that and stud or even pineapple variants wouldn't be that much I reckon
-I'd like to be able to re-size the poker game box. It's tiny compared to my computer screen
-I'd like to be able to move the boxes for chat and what-just-happened-in-the-game to other places on my screen (the sides/top for example)
-it might be nice if the person setting up the game could choose different environments (rooms), tables (playing surfaces) and cards (the look/style of the front and back of them)

DeletedUser

Algorithm Program

Above all else, you need to acquire a better algorithm program. I play in real life a lot and I have never, and I mean never seen so many suited flops, paired flops and connected flops. It's statistically impossible. Furthest thing from random I have ever seen. Apart from that my suggestions would be: (some may overlap those stated)

- Audio alert when 1/3 time remaining on play clock.
- Replace Fold/Check and Call/Check buttons with 4 buttons. Call, Raise, Check and Fold, and separate them so one is not accidentally hit.
- Move the Leave Table Button away from all other buttons and have it un-checkable.
- 3 second delay after last action on river and showdown hands shown.
- Option to rebuy while still seated when stack is lost.
- Actual Rule: A raise can be no less than double the previous bet.
- Since it's a ring game, a straddle option would be nice, although I can see it being abused.
- 6 and/or 9 player SnG's.
- A mute player button.
- If you join out of position, a big blind fee should be paid to enter game or wait until Button passes.
- Ability to choose the seat you want instead of sequenced sitting pattern now operating.
- A leaderboard.
- Display/Turn Off Avatars button.
- Uhhhhhh, have I missed anything?
- Oh yeah! Keep it a poker game not a Zynga clone with crap all over the play area, no "titles" no gifts, no cheesy kid aspects. Poker is an adult game, let's let the bankrolls do the talking.

Thanks and I hope you get this rockin'.

DeletedUser

I do not like how if you lose a hand, it immediately places you in the lobby with no idea what winning hands or cards were.

You may see what happened if you re-enter the table (if it was not filled by another 6th player) and read the info window.
But more useful would be a personal Report about that game!

DeletedUser

The info window (where you read the bids) has too small fonts. The bids should be more visible in the game. We consume energy to read that small info window, instead of playing the game.

DeletedUser

Overall, I like the gameplay. I like the look and feel and the Call, Raise, Fold and Leave buttons all work well for me and I wouldn't change them.

Texas Hold 'em is a very popular Poker game now, so I would just leave that as the standard game. And yes, there is a lot of strategy that can go into the game.

My one gripe is that when a hand is over, the only information is in the box in the bottom. This is a MAJOR issue that needs to get changed. It needs to be obvious who won, and what the cards were.

DeletedUser

Your friends will be able to see everyone's cards and there is no way to prevent that information from being passed on to the players

no, you would not be able to see other players cards at the table if you come in to watch. It is common practice for online poker sites to allow people to view the table of players but you CAN NOT see everyones cards. Not even your friends. The only thing you can see is the pot size, the bet amounts and each players chip stack.

DeletedUser

no, you would not be able to see other players cards at the table if you come in to watch. It is common practice for online poker sites to allow people to view the table of players but you CAN NOT see everyones cards. Not even your friends. The only thing you can see is the pot size, the bet amounts and each players chip stack.
my apologies, this makes perfect sense to allow.
I guess I didn't realize it wasn't enabled already.

DeletedUser20137

I like the way the poker is set up. I agree there are a few "annoyances," but if you just want to play poker there are plenty of sites that do that. I feel this game is sufficient for The West. With that said, is the chat working for everyone? I just figured no one was chating, but then I typed a message and it did not display.

DeletedUser22493

Is it just me, or is the small blind always set to max, no matter what you do?