Update Feedback - 2.147

Al35ul

I'm happy to hear there's a list/roadmap type of thing - we have sorely missed those during the last few dark years when everything was so illogically done.
Any chance we'll ever get to see this list of things that we want to fix, or do we have to piece it together from the hints and leaks from Community Managers?
The roadmap will not, unfortunately, be released as many parts of its are not fully decided on. However, if you have specific features that you would like us to add to the roadmap or if you have questions regarding anything related to it...you know how to reach us :p.

If any... Haha you sound like abydos when asked to reskill and be useful
:up:

Abydos1

:hmf: Hey, I resent that ghost of long name and you too Beefy but we all play the game with how we see fit...I also see you got a mod to quote your aby bashing post with a :up:. *sigh*

Al35ul

Some of the most recent comments have been deleted as they were off-topic and unnecessary. If you have a grudge another players, the forum is not the place for it.

Beefmeister

well, the "unnecessary comments" even if sort of addressed to aby, weren't because i have a grudge on him. they were sent to underline the whole staff and game situation on the forum, in our own way...ironic or not. which honestly seems kind of necessary to me :lol: but since you quoted wyindy's post it's clear you have no idea of what is happening, so I took the time to explain my own comments

i'm glad you can delete posts that are "off-topic", at least you can do that. If i check almost every thread with over 10 comments half of them are off-topic...but it's just theory, not worth discussing.

and as a feedback...yes, the rates should be changed for the traveling fair. most of the buffs removed altogether and changed with other stuff that is actually useful.

I heard you have a "roadmap" for the updates to come. I'm sure that roadmap is great, although if you need help, i can draw that map for you...put in perspective what is really important for this game. although, honestly...if i think about all the feedback from the players during those years and how much of it was implemented, who was and is responsible for the game and all that, not seeing much positive....how many people have been lied to and all that...how much more broken the game becomes each year. some of those people that are playing the game have a second life here (even if it sounds like an exaggeration). abydos is one of them, do you even imagine under how much stress he is in every day because nothing works on this game? from the stress he can't even reskill anymore

maybe start listening to the community and stop sending bot messages, and i'm talking for everyone, not only for me...we are all playing this game and want good content, not broken sets, not trash fort fights, not outdated adventures, not events no one asks for but events we ask for...and so on. this forum would be the complete opposite of what it is now if you actually DID SOMETHING...as it was when Hr. Nyborg was here. even those awesomia battles you dug last year, 1-2 or how many they were, it really felt like it was just to shut the community up and go on with doing nothing.

sad...really sad

Abydos1

Beefy putting me as an example is flattering but won't really amount to much as I play the game as a pastime and do things my own way which are usually against the trends and such...this game has been status quo for quite some time now but it really isn't up to the mods here or even the CMs all they do is tell us what is going on from time to time but the reality is they don't really have much control of anything other than posting here so we shouldn't expect much...

wyindywidualizowany

Ok, sorry for giving you any extra job mr. Al35ul.

To be honest though I'm not exactly sure what you expect us to say here. These feedback topics have been useless for years, not a single opnion/idea given here was implemented in the game because that's just how things work. For years Raider has been giving you ideas on how to change the game, he even came up with calculations or formulas to prove his point and none of that was ever used in further updates.

Roadmap... I mean come on, you've been here long enough to know that most (if not all) of that isn't gonna happen. Remember SECRET PROJECT REVEAL VIDEO. 1,5 year and none of that has happened. Everything here is chaotic and done by people who don't even play the game. Not to mention these useless old items updates that have been going on for months because LCM changed and you were trying to buy time by giving players useless sets and upgrading old stuff.

Ranger-Schwartz

I'll start the same way way i'll end. I love this game. Most here do so we're passionately sharing with you how to make it better.

Not to pile on....but...let's do it. I have some issues since it seems someone is listening. I will only mention (2) issues / topics: chick feet and 200 levels.

last April, the Ranger just wanted his chick feet back. the aggression against that created gem--the 200% regenerating chick feet-I did not want it to stand...but... sadly stood...& forced me down a road (its all in this thread in case you need a reference) to give up playing a ff style that many think my class "should" play. Frankly, life, my job, family...the stress of RL made me choose between having an unrealistic fort fight setup where i had to "babysit" it to get its health points up (I don't have the time in RL to do that anymore) & playing a style that some think is somewhat distasteful for my class (thank you to all who think that & have been kind enough to not tell me)..... but the chick feet nearly solved the babysitting / hp issue & kind of made HUGE HP time constraints kind of fun to play since, well, the time constraint was cut by like 70%.....then alas the chick feet were "corrected"...so now i am playing a way where i can enjoy forts...as a damager, where i spend zero time getting hp "up" and, if i can make it to the fort in time, am able to enjoy what has become the biggest emphasis on this game--fort fighting--with my comrades in arms. That's great for the Ranger. But what if all hp players did that? Then forts would really, really, be weird. Maybe you should revisit the chick feet.....and like, bring them back. I'm guessing other hp players who aren't playing forts anymore would dig that (and the devoted ones doing it every day deserve it). BTW, this dude goes back to late 2008....when forts didn't exist in case some were wondeering.....i totally chose this class on the benefits that have nothing to do with forts and since my return from my 8 year icy slumber - my first 700 forts i really tried to be an hp player.

What happened to level 200? Are you working out the kinks? You still sell experience buffs (eggnog) at a premium so I'm guessing that's still on? I am guessing eggnog at 45 bonds/nuggets can't just be for getting up to level150. Some folks here do that in a few months (we have some gifted players here).

Thanks. I really do love this game and all the west family I have here. I am grateful for whatever work is done. It's an honor to abide here.
the Ranger

Al35ul

I'll start the same way way i'll end. I love this game. Most here do so we're passionately sharing with you how to make it better.

Not to pile on....but...let's do it. I have some issues since it seems someone is listening. I will only mention (2) issues / topics: chick feet and 200 levels.

last April, the Ranger just wanted his chick feet back. the aggression against that created gem--the 200% regenerating chick feet-I did not want it to stand...but... sadly stood...& forced me down a road (its all in this thread in case you need a reference) to give up playing a ff style that many think my class "should" play. Frankly, life, my job, family...the stress of RL made me choose between having an unrealistic fort fight setup where i had to "babysit" it to get its health points up (I don't have the time in RL to do that anymore) & playing a style that some think is somewhat distasteful for my class (thank you to all who think that & have been kind enough to not tell me)..... but the chick feet nearly solved the babysitting / hp issue & kind of made HUGE HP time constraints kind of fun to play since, well, the time constraint was cut by like 70%.....then alas the chick feet were "corrected"...so now i am playing a way where i can enjoy forts...as a damager, where i spend zero time getting hp "up" and, if i can make it to the fort in time, am able to enjoy what has become the biggest emphasis on this game--fort fighting--with my comrades in arms. That's great for the Ranger. But what if all hp players did that? Then forts would really, really, be weird. Maybe you should revisit the chick feet.....and like, bring them back. I'm guessing other hp players who aren't playing forts anymore would dig that (and the devoted ones doing it every day deserve it). BTW, this dude goes back to late 2008....when forts didn't exist in case some were wondeering.....i totally chose this class on the benefits that have nothing to do with forts and since my return from my 8 year icy slumber - my first 700 forts i really tried to be an hp player.

What happened to level 200? Are you working out the kinks? You still sell experience buffs (eggnog) at a premium so I'm guessing that's still on? I am guessing eggnog at 45 bonds/nuggets can't just be for getting up to level150. Some folks here do that in a few months (we have some gifted players here).

Thanks. I really do love this game and all the west family I have here. I am grateful for whatever work is done. It's an honor to abide here.
the Ranger
Hi Ranger!

Good to see you are still wandering the western plains! It is always nice to see a game veteran come in the Saloon for a drink :). The ''chicken feet'' were indeed bugged and have since been fixed. I do not remember their exact bonuses, but it is unlikely an exact new item will be added. That being said, we do have a whole year of events (among other things) ahead of us - if you have any ideas or requests on items/sets bonuses, do let the moderation team know :).

The new levels are coming up...soon. Perhaps not 200, but a new max level will be available.

Ranger-Schwartz

Hi Al35ul

Yes I do have an idea & thanks for the nice welcome :) . It doesn't have to be "chick feet", per say, but please bring back a single item that can make increasing health and energy much less time consuming and arduous for us players. You can even make it a nugget item at the price of one nugget for each % point you wish to spend on it--say up to 200% which was working well. If you did that, I think a lot of folks would be more positive and upbeat. Role it out for the Valentine event. Again, one nugget for each % point would both make inno some cash for a premium item but not break the nugget "banks" of your players toiling here.

Ranger

Ranger-Schwartz

Also....you should sell all the old avatars for folks to add to their avatar collection. You would make money, bring back nostalgia and again, create some good vibes. I'd buy my old Davey Crocket avatar that inspired my forum signature quote here.

Jordy

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
It would be nice to see old avatars be available, higher level cap introduced, character class change enabled & an Onion Officer set for those that are still crying about it.

Al35ul

Hi Al35ul

Yes I do have an idea & thanks for the nice welcome :) . It doesn't have to be "chick feet", per say, but please bring back a single item that can make increasing health and energy much less time consuming and arduous for us players. You can even make it a nugget item at the price of one nugget for each % point you wish to spend on it--say up to 200% which was working well. If you did that, I think a lot of folks would be more positive and upbeat. Role it out for the Valentine event. Again, one nugget for each % point would both make inno some cash for a premium item but not break the nugget "banks" of your players toiling here.

Ranger
Thanks for the feedback! I believe Santa's set is the best one for regeneration at the moment, so I do believe that it is unlikely that a new regenration set/item will come out, but I will of course ask.

Also....you should sell all the old avatars for folks to add to their avatar collection. You would make money, bring back nostalgia and again, create some good vibes. I'd buy my old Davey Crocket avatar that inspired my forum signature quote here.
Unfortunately, I do believe that the chances of seeing classic avatars on sale are quite small, but we will continue to offer these in our contests as rewards.

an Onion Officer set for those that are still crying about it.
:no:

Ranger-Schwartz

You're welcome and thank you, too

I know Santa is a great set...but the chick feet made it so hours were not needed to participate in forts for hp players. Right now if a dueler/damager wanted, they could get to the fort in a minute with virtually doing nothing except changing gear. HP players have to spend buffs if they have no time to participate properly. Evening the playing field would be adding a single piece like the chick feet to make it so that in 30-40 minutes an hp player had a chance to make their character fully functional for the battle.

Also--why seemingly a hardline stance on the old avatars? Numerous folks still have them. If 10+ years ago i would have realized i would never get that look back again unless a very rare contest was won, I definitely would have kept my old look. Ulitmately that's my fault, but if many want it back, why not make it a pay feature at the least?

delldell56

Thanks for the feedback! I believe Santa's set is the best one for regeneration at the moment, so I do believe that it is unlikely that a new regenration set/item will come out, but I will of course ask.

Unfortunately, I do believe that the chances of seeing classic avatars on sale are quite small, but we will continue to offer these in our contests as rewards.

:no:
Can Santa bring jony back to The West dev team, please? It was nice to have a dev who would actually listen and interact with players, which is also why there were fewer bugs when he was in it :-(

Beefmeister

@Al35ul does that roadmap include lowering tower bonuses? it's a simple fix that can be done instantly...it's been more than a year and nothing seems to be done about the whole situation