Update Feedback - 2.137 & DoD2020

RaiderTr

So.. "improved" DotD event..
If the "2 sun 1 reaper" info is true, we get to have %66.66 win chance instead of %50.
Thanks, I will take that. Although it's still an annoying and lame gamble.

Sadly we still have the "1 free spin if you didn't buy (not spent!) Nuggets, 2 spins if you did, on that specific server" thing going on.
I mean DotD still is a heavy P2W event (that ain't included in xmas bags or chests) so we don't need just another pay-wall to it.

On a side note.. I wish there could be a way to get a DotD chest via Bonds without waiting a whole year.

As for the "Cortina" and "Captain" sets..

Releasing Cortina set with DotD while Damager set Captain was on the best event called October(September)Fest is a really bad move and quite unfair.
We won't be able to drop as many of them and we won't be able get them during xmas either, because.. marketing policies!

Why didn't just release both together during Octoberfest, excluding the Cortina mount set?
Or, why not both on DotD?

Last edited:

NovaStar

I'm curious...does anyone even use any of those buffs at all? I haven't in YEARS ... When I get them, I instantly just sell them to the mobile trader...
(the "improved" ones from the fair...)

NovaStar

ahh, ok then. I was just curious. Even when I start a new toon somewhere I, personally don't use them because I spam a lot early on and they just don't last enough to be worthwhile for me...but I'm glad they are beneficial for others. :)

DeletedUser15368

Aye, but having 22 free spins does not equal 22 individual items. We're being made to gamble to remain competitive in the game's PvP aspects, every item you "win" subsequently lowering the odds of getting what you want next time to entice you to spend more, again just to remain competitive. Then there's the issues of addiction to both the dopamine hit from gambling and addiction to the game itself.
Simply selling the sets is a better way, but it would probably lower income since none of the money is "wasted" on items you didn't want to buy, and possibly even price out most of the playerbase from remaining competitive, as we know Inno value their pixels as if they were made from unicorn hair.

The only way to change anything is to protest with your wallet, but gamers can't boycott properly because there will always be a "casual" majority who don't really care about the ethics of it all. Plus the game would probably get shut off before they removed the gambling. Government regulations are coming, though. I hope The West can willingly de-loot-box itself and go back to being a game before they are forced to.

RaiderTr

They must give (at least) 2 free spins to everyone no matter what.

Or just call the game 'Pay to Play' (& Win) because there is absolute no way of getting a Set for free.

Since they won't be in xmas bags, and won't be sold for Bonds etc etc.
Ah, and, of course we can't 'buy' a new card via Bonds either.
3 days or 3 cards, pick one.
Shoulda been both according to the Announcement
why don't you just put these things on sale for nuggets?
Oh they will, few months later..

Last edited:

Pankreas PorFavor

Aye, but having 22 free spins does not equal 22 individual items.

of course not. but this is so obvious, they're not even trying to hide it. "yes, we are not giving free players even a theoretical chance to complete the set, and no, we don't care."
I mean, there's not even a chest with a full set that you can win. you would have to be crazy lucky to get it (5 rounds of guessing the right card, and then among all other items getting the chest as a prize), but it doesn't even exist.
I do welcome the addition of the Death chest that has inside one of the 6 sets from last 3 years (cowgirl, vaquero, cortes, murrieta, zapata, nahuatl), but again, these will be really hard to get.

just give us a pay to play server with a reasonable monthly fee, without tombolas and nugget sales, but give awards for activity. you'll make more money, and we will enjoy the game more. win-win.

DeletedUser15368

you would have to be crazy lucky to get it (5 rounds of guessing the right card, and then among all other items getting the chest as a prize
Oh for sure, it's never been worth the gamble past the 3rd card, unless you already have all tier 2 and 3 items.
5 50/50s in a row is 0.5^5 = 1/32 chance
1/8 chance with 3 cards seems a bit better, I'll admit... I still don't expect to win any full sets though.

Pay-to-play Classic with forts is the dream.
Even if the players are the main content in the game, and this could lock most out... With only one world for all markets, it could work.

Last edited by a moderator:

RaiderTr

Poor Tanks gets screwed by P2W once more.

Being a Damager is easy mode all the time.
Stupid.

asdf124

3 days or 3 cards, pick one.
I think they should had it with 3 picks per card tier and have 5 cards on the table.... If you proceed, you simply reset your tries(3 tries and 5 cards to choose from)

Its a 60% chance and if you get it correctly, you can take and move on...Or try for the other two choices, If you get all 3 correct, you'll move on to the other category.(Also, you either get em or simply have a loot collection.

Oh I got a pants, it gets into the loot collection and you proceed to the next tier, if you get it wrong, the loot collection will be gone unless you bribe with nuggets/bonds, whom you bribe? The dealer.

Luka882

Well, So when u put Fisherman belts in upgrade bar 3 of level 1 of them show that they will give 1 of level 2, that has 7% product drop, but once u upgrade it, it only has 6% still. Howcome?

RaiderTr

So.. DotD announcement actually says " November 5th 12:00 am " but obviously it meant to be 12:00 PM ... since I dont see any event in the game.

Another copy-paste fail?

Last edited:

DeletedUser15368

So the cards are better for sure, I just have a real problem understanding why anyone would ever stop at Tier 1. Who is wasting their free spin or 25 nuggets for very standard single use 15% buff for the most part.

The next step to improving the most hated gambling event in West History is to COMPLETELY remove all Tier 1 rewards, and move all the other categories down by 1 tier, so that 2 is the new 1 - Half of the items in Tier 2 are a "loss" already so it's perfect.
Next create a new Tier 5 with a single item in it - a chest that gives you 5 random Day of the Dead set items from all years, including the current one.

The themed buffs from tier 1 should drop from jobs, fort battles and duels during the event.

RaiderTr

It's like that to squeeze more Nuggets as you go to higher stage(s) and lose the gamble.
Every stage multiplies by 2 so last stage failure/reward exchange is 400.

As for me.. I've failed all my free attempts today.
Tried few Nugget runs but it was horrible for me while some ppl's were extremely lucky.

So it's still the worst and quite annoying gamble.

Would be great if Bonds were related though.
It would actually help Inno to get more xmas bags/chests revenue very soon, so it's a "Win-Win"

But they mostly pick the "Win-Lose" (them-us) , although its a short term gain for them.
Sooo yeah.

Last edited: