Feedback Update 2.197

DeletedUser15368

NPC duels: I don't think there's ever a reason to duel NPCs, other than for achievements. It used to effect your duel motivation, and perhaps that was a better way to keep your duel level down than losing on purpose? Bring it back.

Fort Battles: Is the canon good enough to encourage 10 battles a day and further degrade the quality of fort battles? I'm hearing it's equivalent to a Gringo's weapon and my 11-ish year old account that has been focussed on PvP is only half way there.
Dealing 22500 damage in one fort battle isn't possible for tanks.

Construction: Complete 500 levels of a town building isn't possible without building up multiple towns. Old worlds are full of built-up ghost towns.

The title "Invincible" is not gained from the achievement called "Invincible"

There is an achievement called "Master of the Force", but in order to be a master, you must train a Padawan to the rank of Knight, not dodge 35000 shots in fort battles. /s

Last edited by a moderator:

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
NPC duels: I don't think there's ever a reason to duel NPCs, other than for achievements. It used to effect your duel motivation, and perhaps that was a better way to keep your duel level down than losing on purpose? Bring it back.
During currency events it’s a good way to get something for shedding EP ahead of a FF, or while fulfilling a sleep quest

Fort Battles: Is the canon good enough to encourage 10 battles a day and further degrade the quality of fort battles? I'm hearing it's equivalent to a Gringo's weapon and my 11-ish year old account that has been focussed on PvP is only half way there.
If this indeed becomes a problem the fort team can step up as needed
Construction: Complete 500 levels of a town building isn't possible without building up multiple towns. Old worlds are full of built-up ghost towns.
We may be able to revisit the concept of administrative downgrades, Eg reset a newly acquired ghost town to zero on worlds where unbuilt towns basically don’t exist (or, say, Arizona through El Dorado)

DeletedUser15368

During currency events it’s a good way to get something for shedding EP ahead of a FF, or while fulfilling a sleep quest
Interesting, do you know what event currency rewards you get for NPCs?
I'm half expecting it to be better than actual duelling lol

Harriet Oleson

From the last event, it was something like 2 or 3 eggs per NPC duel.

Personally I play NPC duels mostly for the daily task, and/or before a battle while staying at the hotel to regen HP : when we regen HP like this, energy regens too. If we don't spend it and die in the battle, the energy is just lost. And there's no other way to instantly spend energy before a battle than NPC duel ...

DeletedUser15368

From the last event, it was something like 2 or 3 eggs per NPC duel.
ty, so:
For Bandit duels (obviously you can only do 4 at a time):
  • Eggs per energy: ~2 Eggs ÷ ~5 energy = 0.4 Eggs per energy
  • Eggs per time: ~2 Eggs ÷ 1 second = 2 Eggs per second
For Player duels:
  • Eggs per energy: ~65 Eggs ÷ 12 energy = 5.42 Eggs per energy
  • Eggs per time: ~65 Eggs ÷ 600 seconds (10 minutes) = 0.1083 Eggs per second
So it's actually surprisingly far less efficient for your energy than duelling - surprising considering how inefficient duelling is for event currency. But as always there's no more inefficient way to spend your time than participating in the PvP that won this game awards.

Personally I play NPC duels mostly for the daily task, and/or before a battle while staying at the hotel to regen HP : when we regen HP like this, energy regens too. If we don't spend it and die in the battle, the energy is just lost. And there's no other way to instantly spend energy before a battle than NPC duel ...
Yeah well I'm one of those people that often shows up the the battle with 150 energy :p

Beefmeister

i don't see anything bad with this update except the fact that some are just a tad bit unrealistic. it's an incentive to grow activity compared to the sleeping achievements

which is the point by the way...achievements...they should be hard to achieve

asdf124

Dealing 22500 damage in one fort battle isn't possible for tanks.
At level 180-200 this is possible at level 3-4 rifles due to the changes of resistance formula, not many can resist tanks to 0 anymore or single digit numbers.

40 shots average needed is 563, 30 shot average is 750.

Last edited:

Pankreas PorFavor

At level 180-200 this is possible at level 3-4 rifles due to the changes of resistance formula, not many can resist tanks to 0 anymore or single digit numbers.

40 shots average needed is 563, 30 shot average is 750.

tanks hitting 30 times in a single battle is something that happens very very very rarely, and 40 doesn't happen. average of 750 is just crazy for a tank.
this achievement is like asking a pure leadership FFer to lose 20k HP in one battle :) you need to reskill.

Beefmeister

You said it yourself, "should be hard to achieve" but not close to impossible.

None of em are impossible though. Maybe for a new player, but most of the older players have them done already

The survival one is a bit ridiculous...and i d discuss some more of em as well

It's a well known fact that other games have impossible/rare achievements so this is not new

Pankreas PorFavor

None of em are impossible though. Maybe for a new player, but most of the older players have them done already

The survival one is a bit ridiculous...and i d discuss some more of em as well

It's a well known fact that other games have impossible/rare achievements so this is not new

I would be reluctant to say "most of the old players" when it comes to surviving 1500 battles or participating in 3750 of them. do you think there will be more than 30 Lincoln's cannons handed out to players in all .net worlds together? would you say that is "most"? I checked only the first 20 players in fort ranking in CO and there are only 4 players with +3750 battles in their stats. I can only imagine less active worlds :)
I do agree it should be hard, but it also needs to be realistically achievable

DeletedUser15368

At level 180-200 this is possible at level 3-4 rifles due to the changes of resistance formula
Mad if true, and I kinda doubt a tank could hit that many shots even as a lvl 180+ in Colorado, where the average level is not even lvl 150 yet, but neither of those criteria will apply to the vast majority of Fort Fighters - at least not for another 10 years, by which point the other players will be the same level so you won't be able to hit anything again.

My point is it requires a reskill for tanks, but it's a ridiculously small number for leadership damagers - like they might as well made it 100k damage in a battle if they want to lean towards very-difficult/unachievable, like the final achievement in all other categories is leaning towards.
(now i half expect some leader**** to turn around and be like "um actually 100k is easy these days in this particular scenario", but still)

Last edited by a moderator:

aaaa11

Abydos1 have made more than 22500 damage in tank gear so it's not impossible. and you don't need to reskill if you can't, you just have to wear some cheap/decent damager gear and you can do it. the real problem is that 35k dodge, I normally do 0-2 dodge in FFs I passed out. You need to be a tank for years to get that achievement

Beefmeister

I would be reluctant to say "most of the old players" when it comes to surviving 1500 battles or participating in 3750 of them. do you think there will be more than 30 Lincoln's cannons handed out to players in all .net worlds together? would you say that is "most"? I checked only the first 20 players in fort ranking in CO and there are only 4 players with +3750 battles in their stats. I can only imagine less active worlds :)
I do agree it should be hard, but it also needs to be realistically achievable
that's why i said some of em should be open for discussion, even if they're not :lol: