Feedback Update 2.192

darthmaul99174

Leader boards are a better tell of skills these days but yeah it still doesn't mean that much just like stats never meant more than they duel alot or used to duel alot.

I used to duel mostly duellers for years (the best way of playing the game), my duel level always way above my actual level. But I quit for 1.5 years & lost 1-2k duels to lower my duel level so that I actually had people to duel for achievements (because most the high DL ppl quit) and just general boredom as I prefer duels to any other way of playing this game.

Whereas there are a fair few workers above me in the leader boards with half the duels and a worse W/L ratio. (Another reason to implement this system to avoid bullying, increase activity & properly represent duellers https://forum.the-west.net/index.php?threads/new-duelling-system-proposal.61251/ )

And in regards to al35ul joking he only targets workers & forters Good on him!

Every KO'd defenceless worker/forter is positive karma for turning this game PVP game into a boring farming simulator by crying to daddy Inno. If you have a problem get some duel gear on and fight back you big woolly woofters

If this upsets you, please refer to:

WhyN0t

what's a discouragement warning?
It's sad to be manager for so many years and did not knowing what kind of sanctions you apply on forum, although so many players complained that they could not access the forum and it was not because of a ban/suspension, they all said they erased cookies and changed the browser, but the forum still do not work, being is frozen and with an infernal lag, its use being impossible. But even now you don't know about this. Embarrassing. Didn't anyone train you?

yeah, that's usually a big part of playing zero mot :roll:
Yeah, attacking only workers, definitely the most important part of playing with zero motivation, which is actually 10% since 2015 if I remember correctly.
You were still attacking workers when you had 100% motivation. And high level ones too :))
And since you keep mentioning dueling with low motivation, how can you argue that those in top xp (who clearly attack with 100% motivation) are the best at dueling? How many logical fallacies...

Al35ul

It's sad to be manager for so many years and did not knowing what kind of sanctions you apply on forum, although so many players complained that they could not access the forum and it was not because of a ban/suspension, they all said they erased cookies and changed the browser, but the forum still do not work, being is frozen and with an infernal lag, its use being impossible. But even now you don't know about this. Embarrassing. Didn't anyone train you?
I mean it could have been explained to you on multiple occasions I'm sure, but a small thing called NDA stops that from happening (rightfully so), so maybe that doesn't mean the person not wanting to explain it to you is not aware of what is going on...but who knows

Yeah, attacking only workers, definitely the most important part of playing with zero motivation, which is actually 10% since 2015 if I remember correctly.
You were still attacking workers when you had 100% motivation. And high level ones too :))
And since you keep mentioning dueling with low motivation, how can you argue that those in top xp (who clearly attack with 100% motivation) are the best at dueling? How many logical fallacies...
Maybe the 0 mot dueling that happened on .net is different from that that happened on your server. Zero mot duelers, especially those of an established town and alliance, attacked non-duelers for various reasons including:

• Stopping builders from building up the town and thus delaying the duelers of the [specific] town in getting better kit
  • Stopping forters from getting to fort
  • Fun because targets were easier so you'd win more. Winning is fun, no?
  • For the glory of their town. And if you don't understand that, then I invite you to read this qoute from the legend himself Victor Kruger
''Im gonna answer that from my own perspective as a leader not just a town member. You create a town, you love it you name it........... you work hard with it, you spend time you nurture the members and do all the stuff they cant be bothered to, you help members you become a family.... You begin to get a reputation, you grow and you get better .... all the time this is taking effort... you become established as one of the better known names, you also maybe pioneer certain game styles, ideas brainfarts etc finally the name becomes well known even on worlds your not on..''
-June 28TH , 2010

Dirty tactics? Maybe, but in 2008 most West players came from Tribal Wars (myself included) which was very competitive so that is what we were used to. After 0 mot dueling was taken out, most players continued attacking with low motivation simply for fun and for fun mail....BECAUSE IT'S FUN!

I play on your server too, though I've never been 100% invested in it for many good reasons - I'm not familiar with how everything works there...but then again I'm posting this on the .net forum so I don't know why I need to make a distinction in the servers I'm referring to?

And lastly, my discussion [ a civil one I think and I hope lulu feels the same] was with lulu and I simply shared my opinion on things based on my experience of playing on .net since 2008, is that too wrong? I don't know why you felt targeted but just lay off the kool aid and chill.

You're a good reminder of why I stopped posting on forums in the first place

My advice, we still have what I still think to be a great game (if you don't think so then whatever) and the only reason why I still think of it to be so at this point of time is the players in my town, alliance, so don't take things so personally, try to get along with people ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

P.S. Would have loved if you would have gotten into an argument with RD, he would have chewed you up and spit you out (for all the arguments he and I had, he is truly one of the many players I miss having in the game)

Peace out :lovetw:

darthmaul99174

I mean it could have been explained to you on multiple occasions I'm sure, but a small thing called NDA stops that from happening (rightfully so), so maybe that doesn't mean the person not wanting to explain it to you is not aware of what is going on...but who knows

Maybe the 0 mot dueling that happened on .net is different from that that happened on your server. Zero mot duelers, especially those of an established town and alliance, attacked non-duelers for various reasons including:

• Stopping builders from building up the town and thus delaying the duelers of the [specific] town in getting better kit
  • Stopping forters from getting to fort
  • Fun because targets were easier so you'd win more. Winning is fun, no?
  • For the glory of their town. And if you don't understand that, then I invite you to read this qoute from the legend himself Victor Kruger
''Im gonna answer that from my own perspective as a leader not just a town member. You create a town, you love it you name it........... you work hard with it, you spend time you nurture the members and do all the stuff they cant be bothered to, you help members you become a family.... You begin to get a reputation, you grow and you get better .... all the time this is taking effort... you become established as one of the better known names, you also maybe pioneer certain game styles, ideas brainfarts etc finally the name becomes well known even on worlds your not on..''
-June 28TH , 2010

Dirty tactics? Maybe, but in 2008 most West players came from Tribal Wars (myself included) which was very competitive so that is what we were used to. After 0 mot dueling was taken out, most players continued attacking with low motivation simply for fun and for fun mail....BECAUSE IT'S FUN!

I play on your server too, though I've never been 100% invested in it for many good reasons - I'm not familiar with how everything works there...but then again I'm posting this on the .net forum so I don't know why I need to make a distinction in the servers I'm referring to?

And lastly, my discussion [ a civil one I think and I hope lulu feels the same] was with lulu and I simply shared my opinion on things based on my experience of playing on .net since 2008, is that too wrong? I don't know why you felt targeted but just lay off the kool aid and chill.

You're a good reminder of why I stopped posting on forums in the first place

My advice, we still have what I still think to be a great game (if you don't think so then whatever) and the only reason why I still think of it to be so at this point of time is the players in my town, alliance, so don't take things so personally, try to get along with people ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

P.S. Would have loved if you would have gotten into an argument with RD, he would have chewed you up and spit you out (for all the arguments he and I had, he is truly one of the many players I miss having in the game)

Peace out :lovetw:

https://prnt.sc/I7gR6ZtTTpHj he probably typed this in less than 5 seconds

I'm sure someone somewhere has the hours and hours of arguing RD & Iceman would have in saloon :D

Kidd Kalypso

A few of the greats indeed....meh, exp dueling v. zero moti? As long as they are dueling instead of church building that is a win in my book.
Now, after I duel a few for experience....I will go back to building ;) Have fun all.

Victor Kruger

They're not. You don't have aiming and dodging with these sets. And aiming is the most important skill in duel. You barely hit something, don't dodge anything and often times don't have enough t/r to minimize the damage from your opponent, because older tailor items have more t/f than these new ones. Yeah, you don't have vigor tactics and appearance, but you have more t/f and aiming. And this is all you need. I haven't found a single situation when these new clothes would be better than the old ones. Maybe in I don't know what situation an item like this would be useful, but very rarely. I found an interesting build for these clothes, but you need certain items with big upgrades and a specific build. You must be a soldier, have character bonus, a nugget exclusive horse set, high level and many extra skills. And even then...you're not unbeatable. But you can leave yourself duelable overnight and win most duels, because it's hard to combine vs that combination. Unfortunately, I can't try it because I'm not a soldier and I'm glad nobody tried that combination. It's not these new purple items that are OP, but the soldier's tactical bonus.

Edit: Look at a concrete example. Here my opponent had 1000+ aiming and 200+ dodging, but initially when I attacked him he had somewhere around 200 aiming and 200 dodging, but much more tactics and vigor. He did well to change items otherwise he would have lost much worse, but it still wasn't enough. If you don't have enough dodging, your tactical bonus won't do much. It doubles your aiming, but your dodging is still bad. If you have at least enough toughness/reflex it may work, but even in this situation it's risky, sometimes you win the tactical bonus, sometimes you don't, you'd better play with a classic set of toughness/reflex + aiming, tactics t/r is weird and risky. You can win the tactical bonus, but not have aiming/dodging and still lose.

With all due respect if one needs to invest lvl 3/4 Josephine etc to feel they stand a chance vs this new shop gear.. you prove my point wonderfully so thank you. Thinking soldier class tactics is OP in 2023 is bemusing to me since its 50% of what it was once and still they could be beat with the right build in v1 .. that its still considered a problem in V2 just highlights the sets are OP not the class bonus.

There has been endless back n fourth or XP rankings being better duelers than 0 motives etc ... I have done both .. both have merits, both have some awesome & consistent champions and i concluded long ago having done the XP thing as a personal choice I preferred 1000's of targets to dozens, still do, .. for many reasons, town protection, alliance, tactics, attrition, fun etc but mainly to have opponents in a year or so & have the ability to revenge my Allies on as many as possible when needed & mostly because i simply loved to duel.. V1 imo cannot be compared to V2 in any way. I opted out of the V2 arms race as a choice. Some chose to continue . It is not the same game re dueling anymore thats for sure. There is no right or wrong but what cannot be denied is the game went from build choice and wit to how much one is prepared to spend.. players who duel now can decide between themselves who are really any good or if its simply padded by the wallet..

I maintain classic world V1 max lvl 99 with 40000 on numbered worlds was the only time there was a true measure of quality dueling.. 0 motive or XP all that mattered was your build and your ability as a player. Some still playing since v1 would cope v well if they took away all these sets and fancy stuff & pay to play .. but most accolades of purely V2 imo definitely would not. As Al has rightly pointed out often the same players repeatedly out performed either via ranking OR via reputation .. Many left still do & i salute all.

Just like simple but deadly gladiators in the arena of Rome cannot be compared to a military kitted out marine today.. I preferred the west when it was raw and wild with nothing but basic shop gear and choice of build & nothing will change that. & I count myself fortunate to have duelled with and vs 99% of .net legends with nothing but the skills of our levels, basic shop stuff, wit and builds to separate us.. .. As kidd said.. what matters is you duel .. preferably with the understanding and humility that the game today & dueling is nothing but a shadow of what it once was. You had to be there to understand man !

If you duel as your prime game motivation good on you I say.:up:

I miss my ranting friend RD and many other characters long gone but none could go at it in saloon like RD for hrs or be baited in forums to legendary meltdown response .. AND back it up in the street more often than not. :cooln:

PS whatever happened to the shooting icon and some others ? they offend some berry picker dev or something ?

WhyN0t

You don't have to invest anything. That was my set. You can see that the difference between our damages is huge, I could have won with a vanilla set (+0).

DeletedUser15368

V1 imo cannot be compared to V2 in any way. I opted out of the V2 arms race as a choice. Some chose to continue . It is not the same game re dueling anymore thats for sure.
This 100%
The "arms-race" went from who could shop around the best to build their duelling gear, to who could spend the most and get lucky with their gambling addiction, and as much as I loved duelling, as much as it was the sole reason I played this game, it's just not worth trying to keep up with it anymore - your entire duelling gear can be made obsolete at the very next gambling event - and that's what we consistently saw with the introduction of Tombolas.

Thinking soldier class tactics is OP in 2023 is bemusing to me since its 50% of what it was once and still they could be beat with the right build in v1 .. that its still considered a problem in V2 just highlights the sets are OP not the class bonus.
This is a different way of seeing it than I have, and you're right, although the OP clothes make the soldier's tactics bonus overpowered. Charisma formula is a bit different and resistance is next to useless compared to v1, so it's harder to counter a charisma soldier.

PS whatever happened to the shooting icon and some others ? they offend some berry picker dev or something ?

what we have:
1677521203488.png

what we should have:
1677521192276.png
That is strange, @Syntex pls.

RaiderTr

what we should have:
1677521192276.png
never understood why they exist on Beta forum and not here

Abydos1

The Carnival quest Carnival in the wild west requires 925 Peacock feathers to be collected Will we be able to collect the feathers from jobs as in clicky event? and The event gave 3 full weeks to collect that many Is it or will it be possible to collect that many in just 2 weeks ?
Well, since it has been many years I kinda forgot how it all worked but somebody was asking how to get the green peacock in the event...1677734308785.png

canufeelit

This is a different way of seeing it than I have, and you're right, although the OP clothes make the soldier's tactics bonus overpowered. Charisma formula is a bit different and resistance is next to useless compared to v1, so it's harder to counter a charisma soldier.

as i recall soldier tactics bonus only applied to points invested and not gear. has this changed?

WhyN0t

It was never like that, I don't understand why some people have this impression and it's so hard for them to test on someone offline who appears in the top. The game does not distinguish between own skills and those from items or buffs, they are all the same and are calculated the same.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
It was never like that, I don't understand why some people have this impression and it's so hard for them to test on someone offline who appears in the top. The game does not distinguish between own skills and those from items or buffs, they are all the same and are calculated the same.
well, except for resistance bonuses ;)

WhyN0t

What kind of resistance are you referring to? The fort one?
Edit: If it's a joke, I got it now :))
But it's different, fort resistance is not one of your skills, it's just calculated from your skills. Tactics is an actal skill.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Did you find out how?
The peacock came from the carnival chest which has been a nugget sale item a couple times and also was a rare drop from one of the snowball events.

I suspect, but do not know, that it will go on sale again some time during this event. Perhaps if you ask in the beta forum you might get more information than I have.

asdf124

Can you fix the page UI for tailor? The right scroll button overlaps the page number 11.

Pretty sure it should be a really easy job for a front end developer to fix.