Feedback Update 2.191

Victor Kruger

Fort battle changes
We have increased the maximum experience you can get per battle. Also we changed the formula to give more points for adventurers and absorbing damage.

Please note that now scale by the median level of players in the battle, rather than your own level.

In the future, it is possible to implement further changes to the way experience is calculated during fort battles.

So this suggests the main benefit to damagers .... again yet advens tweak depends on the median of lvls in a battle ? .. or is xp for all calculated on the median? ..

What is the possible FF xp cap now ?

How about making xp changes in favour being ONLINE and actually a moving bonus to avoid green dot afk xp *****s
If you want more activity in FF at least make going worth while and being online rewarded for logging in and sitting there for an hr of their lives.. atm some worlds FF arnt worth 5mins let alone being online for

ra1g

So 6k experience is no longer the maximum amount we can get from a battle? And tanks/ghosting advents will get rewarded more for their playstyle? Nice.
Any clue as to what is the maximum achieveable experience now?

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
more points also means more bonds or is the reward still skewed for damagers?

asdf124

Fort battle changes
We have increased the maximum experience you can get per battle. Also we changed the formula to give more points for adventurers and absorbing damage.

Please note that now scale by the median level of players in the battle, rather than your own level.

In the future, it is possible to implement further changes to the way experience is calculated during fort battles.

So this suggests the main benefit to damagers .... again yet advens tweak depends on the median of lvls in a battle ? .. or is xp for all calculated on the median? ..

What is the possible FF xp cap now ?

How about making xp changes in favour being ONLINE and actually a moving bonus to avoid green dot afk xp *****s
If you want more activity in FF at least make going worth while and being online rewarded for logging in and sitting there for an hr of their lives.. atm some worlds FF arnt worth 5mins let alone being online for
The median would give a buff towards xp, ie the median is level 150, so it would be 1.5 times for example. Or 15, depends on what kind of buff they formalized. At least this is my theory, also is it one side or both sides? (I for one think its both sides since it would be easier to code as they have for number of participants in events)

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Whatever the actual mechanic, one takeaway is that high level players failing to show up will have a more tangible cost to their team. Hopefully that’s a motivator.

asdf124

Whatever the actual mechanic, one takeaway is that high level players failing to show up will have a more tangible cost to their team. Hopefully that’s a motivator.
What I do hate about this mechanic is, it would discourage players from giving spots to lower level players in none important battles(small fort battles)
Also we changed the formula to give more points for adventurers and absorbing damage.

Does this include resistance to absorbing damage or is it flat out damage absorbed versus hp?

Goober Pyle

The West Team
What I do hate about this mechanic is, it would discourage players from giving spots to lower level players in none important battles(small fort battles)

Does this include resistance to absorbing damage or is it flat out damage absorbed versus hp?
Well, yes, where battles are full rankers will have more incentive to give ranks to high level offies at the expense of low-level onliners, which is a shame, but I don’t honestly believe that will be a significant issue

By using median (assuming it will be over 150) you have no new incentive to choose a level 140 offie over a level 80 onnie

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Personally I would prefer they used the 75th percentile player instead as that would all but rule out ranking considerations.

Please let me know if you do see a lot of ranking impact and I’ll pass the feedback on.

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
Hi everyone and thank you for your questions regarding the Fort Battles improvements. Let me answer them for you:

The maximum receivable experience points has been increased by 3 times, so the max value will be 18.000.

Currently the experience points you receive from fort fights are based on your performance. This will not be changed. But the formula took in consideration mostly your damage infliction. The more damage you give to players during the fight -> the more XP you receive.

There are two main roles in fortbattles, health points players those are called 'tank' players and leadership players. Tanks can not really damage other players since their key roles are defending others and objectives etc. This meant that because you are a tank you can not really receive decent amount of experience points.

The adventurers are tanks mostly because of their class special fort skill, ghosting. If they receive two successful hits (so they got damage) then every hit from that there is a 25% (or 50% with premium) chance that they will become 'ghosts' and not receive any further damage at all.

So if their bonuses becomes active, they became ghosts and not getting hit at all. They cant really absorb damages because of their special fort bonus and they can not really give damage due to the fact that they are tanks. It was pretty hard to get 6000 experience points as an Adventurer, so that's why we changed there a bit the formula.

From now on successful ghosting
will take into consideration to get more XP. And besides this the XP % after absorbing damage has been increased, so giving damage/hits became less important role in the formula. It became easier for tanks to get max XP.

DeletedUser15368

We are looking forward to your feedback to this update :-))
I think, reading this thread, it's safe to say we really only care about PvP updates at this point :up:

This is pretty huge for Advents, and hopefully, over time, this can also contribute to equalising the massive quality gap between very old accounts, and people who have hard-migrated to Colorado for the fort battles recently.

Looking forward to further PvP fixes in the coming months, hopefully.

RaiderTr

That's good and all but given the time spent during a battle, and the possibility of "death" (lose all energy and whatnot) .. I believe 18k is still kinda "meh"

DeletedUser15368

That's good and all but given the time spent during a battle, and the possibility of "death" (lose all energy and whatnot) .. I believe 18k is still kinda "meh"
People who care about losing their energy always have, and will continue to use it all before the battle - and anyway buffs exist, they give those tombola energy buff chests out like free samples at the mall, and it's just a few hours sleep with a modern regen set in a barracks.
Better bond reward system, or, even better, random reward drops which include buffs in the future could also help ease your concerns there.

Exp was never why we played fort battles, but it's necessary to encourage attendances in this era of low-populations and unnecessarily increased level cap.

RaiderTr

Better bond reward system, or, even better, random reward drops which include buffs in the future could also help ease your concerns there.
Well we have been talking about it for years.. related stuff is still on my (our) signature.
People who care about losing their energy always have, and will continue to use it all before the battle - and anyway buffs exist, they give those tombola energy buff chests out like free samples at the mall, and it's just a few hours sleep with a modern regen set in a barracks.
Yet people still complains or doesn't join battles because of that. (or something like that)
So yeah I don't see harm in giving some more (max) Xp. Above 20k at least.

As you mentioned new (unnecessary) level cap.. requires absurdly high Xp.