Feedback Update 2.184

Reyne

Yeah, okay. I hear you PvP people, and I understand your POV. There have been a multitude of changes over the years to dueling and fort battles (though to hear some of you guys tell it, nothing is ever close to good enough), while it's been how long since there have been any changes to levels, jobs, quests, etc for the rest of us? So we finally get something and now it's doom and gloom again. Some say you play for the interaction (there is no interaction in duels, btw. Hope that's fixed soon so both the dueler and duelee can actually interact). Well, that's what chats and telegrams are for. ;)

All kidding aside, lets wait and see if it's going to be as bad as you think. Most people sold or traded their potions because they didn't think there was anything to keep them for. Even with a bunch of 1% potions, people aren't going to level up as quickly as you think. :-))

WhyN0t

Do you live in a parallel universe and your comment accidentally landed in another one?

There have been a multitude of changes over the years to dueling and fort battles
Name them.

while it's been how long since there have been any changes to levels, jobs, quests, etc for the rest of us?
First of all, this game is a whole, don't try to separate people who prefer pve from people who prefer pvp, because to participate in pvp, you have to go through quite a lot of pve. Secondly, what changes are you talking about? Nothing's changed, just some very difficult new jobs with mediocre rewards and products that can't be used for anything and 100 extra levels which brings nothing but imbalances. New quests and recipes appear every year.

Annie-Bell

Again, think this is opporunity that players, if they so choose can make most of .. the changes have been made and honestly didnt think this level thing would ever happen, and f did hought phased in level 180, so on, then year later 200 or whatever. Know there is something for players to do in older worlds, but also that quite a huge leap to 250 saying wont reach end for 5-10 years is maybe not as big promo ad as lets say if attainable after 3 years, which i think would keep people sticking around .. but inno has made change and like others said best to make best of it.

See alot of comments of us and them and churchbuiliders and long term players vs newer players, ... pls encourage all to consider that each of this stuff does have valid concerns in terms of how they play game but it is what it is now.

Reyne , hopefully this helps undersand what some concerns are .. in worlds that are quite a bit older people will jump overnight to around level 210 or 215 or whatever, while some players that were thinking of joining older worlds will be less then 100 . or even starting at level 1 .. takes about 7-12 months for people really working at it to get from level 1 to level 150 prior to today, before changes. The amount of time to get fom 150-250 is 5-10 years (heck the jump from level 249-250 is almost the same amount of xp reguired for the span of 1-150). Some feel that curent ff's will be impacted if these high levels are all on one side or if it makes someone second guess about joining an old world (we had been seeing people come to AZ colo in last while, may deter).. BUT .. if players them selves can self manage and try to create good teams of mix and match this will turn out okay in worlds, wih likely new players in game only joining M world or newest world as more even playing field and effectiveness in battles and such. I keep throwing out little Hey inno thow us some extra potion drops or somehing to make it easier for all so dont have to churchbuild ..

Last edited:

Annie-Bell

Know your in idaho reyne so will use that example. Most of the newer worlds wont be impacted as much only handful jumping up to max level 158 or something.. juarez, kansas, vegas, Did say Idaho too but that is odd world out, recalled that idaho was place where alot of he w1 migrators came in when those worlds closed and went to idaho or AZ .. AZ had similar length players within few years but idaho about 4 years players so bit more time (up to 10 years) behind building up toons. When they came, all joined one side that have 4x the xp that players that started day1 in idaho .. not biggie as the teams in that world skewed recently so no current battles by playes inflicted stuff. In other worlds its the churchbuilding dedicated players that some looking at. means one side wont bother digging if not enjoying and no chance which hate to see. Idaho is irregular smll world kinda not the norm but up until now the levels were maxed out at 150, kinda the oddball world of the group. Other worlds have other concerns So please keep in mind that everyone has own perspectives and concerns

Like someone said prior, we can make best outta worlds, we have to wait and see what means for worlds, and hoepfully good peeps will make ajustemnts themselves to teams to get optimal and ff's, jobbing, churchbuilding continues for all .. have faith !!

Reyne

Do you live in a parallel universe and your comment accidentally landed in another one?

Name them.

First of all, this game is a whole, don't try to separate people who prefer pve from people who prefer pvp, because to participate in pvp, you have to go through quite a lot of pve. Secondly, what changes are you talking about? Nothing's changed, just some very difficult new jobs with mediocre rewards and products that can't be used for anything and 100 extra levels which brings nothing but imbalances. New quests and recipes appear every year.
Really? No, we haven't gotten any new recipes for a while. Hopefully, the new products will be a reason for new recipes.
As for dueling/ff updates? Geez. Let me count how many times over the last eight or ten years we've had to listen to you all belly-ache about how the game is ruined. Every time an adjustment is made to either ffs or dueling. Yet...you are all still here.

The game is a whole. You are right about that. Yet it seemed that part of the crowd was very much segregated by the developers focusing on the PVP part of it more often that the PVE. Now, the table is turned. I've acknowledged time and time again that more balancing needs to be done for you PVP people. I get that. But I can't say I'm sorry that something was done for us church-builders/questers/crafters. When growth stops, people leave because they are bored.

Reyne

Know your in idaho reyne so will use that example. Most of the newer worlds wont be impacted as much only handful jumping up to max level 158 or something.. juarez, kansas, vegas, Did say Idaho too but that is odd world out, recalled that idaho was place where alot of he w1 migrators came in when those worlds closed and went to idaho or AZ .. AZ had similar length players within few years but idaho about 4 years players so bit more time (up to 10 years) behind building up toons. When they came, all joined one side that have 4x the xp that players that started day1 in idaho .. not biggie as the teams in that world skewed recently so no current battles by playes inflicted stuff. In other worlds its the churchbuilding dedicated players that some looking at. means one side wont bother digging if not enjoying and no chance which hate to see. Idaho is irregular smll world kinda not the norm but up until now the levels were maxed out at 150, kinda the oddball world of the group. Other worlds have other concerns So please keep in mind that everyone has own perspectives and concerns

Like someone said prior, we can make best outta worlds, we have to wait and see what means for worlds, and hoepfully good peeps will make ajustemnts themselves to teams to get optimal and ff's, jobbing, churchbuilding continues for all .. have faith !!
[Sorry, I hate doing the multi-quote thing, so just grabbing the last one. :D]

I do see where you're coming from. And to use the Idaho toon, I will tell you, as a long time player I won't be hitting 200 for a LONG time. Not even with my potions. I only built my church up because I wanted higher town rankings, but that took a back seat to events and quests, and hitting the highlighted center of the map, 15 second money jobs. Most of my EXP comes from daily log ins.

As for fort fighting, I can see where we refugees might have unbalanced it somewhat, but honestly, out of the 30 some odd of us who landed in Idaho, only six or seven, sometimes eight ever sign up and SHOW up (looks guilty) for the battle.

I don't know. I wish I had the answers and could wave a magic wand that would make everyone's game enjoyable to the point where they can't wait to log on every day. I really hate for someone to feel as if their game is ruined because others got something that makes their game a little bit better. I have my fingers crossed (or will as soon as I'm done typing) that things won't be as bad as some are afraid it might be.

Thanks for the polite conversation and for not accusing me of being in a parallel universe. :D Although, I sometimes do feel as if my mental flotation device has drifted away...

Last edited:

WhyN0t

As for dueling/ff updates? Geez. Let me count how many times over the last eight or ten years we've had to listen to you all belly-ache about how the game is ruined. Every time an adjustment is made to either ffs or dueling. Yet...you are all still here.
Can you stop lying and list all those numerous changes to pvp? I don't know any in the last 7 years. (because they weren't)

Really? No, we haven't gotten any new recipes for a while
Oh, really? And what are those?
So many new recipes, 3 craft events in last 3 years, and you continue to say that they did not exist. Why are you blatantly lying? Or is it my alternate universe theory correct?

Annie-Bell

hugs reyne .. pls dont think blaming migrates from w1 (prior w1-w10 worlds) and dont think anyone is upset. It wasnt until the aweomia battle earlier that took look at idaho as been focused on other worlds. Just explaining why some people have concerns in other worlds, but idaho being the "newish" world with 10-14 year players (exp gained in variety of ways) in world that is only 4 years old does make it bit different then mirgrations into AZ which is about 8 or 9 years older then idaho . Its jus another variable to consider and would luv to see ff's continue in that world too for those that wish to batttle (have met some wonderful new friends there that really have come to enjoy fighting with) ... or if people wish to farm or build or craft or whatever.. would be pleased to see that in worlds. Idaho does have bit more player base (small battles but did have 25 or 30 to side for a while, other factors impacted) then some worlds that people being saying should be closed town and allowed to go elsewhere. Hopefully in time those some of the high level players 10 year playesr can jump back and forth bit to check out battles where needed and im sure all would appreciate!

Again biggest hugs.. pls dont think anyone saying migators are issue and im kinda in mindset of dont think churchbuilders shoudl be frowned upon either (its not somehing i do as find other parts of interactions funner (ff's mainly but those that churchbuild and ff .. hey earned your xp) ... it just made that particular world bit different but that is one way that player base in .en worlds increasing .. first was the w1 players and then dutch players who mainly came to AZ .. we should be happily inviting them and then rearranging ourselves from that to make it good for all imo. Dont think anyone in idaho, at least ones i talked to, felt game impacted but he levels thing MAY impact but im hopeful that as players we can figure it out from there, .. again luved the comment earlier about its here... les make best of it (the level changes and all hat comes from it).

think my biggest concern is i luved seeing players that started in newish wolrld start toons as heard there were regular ff's in worlds like colo and AZ, and we all saw bunch of players come check it out (i was thrilled some newer friends get to fight alongside some friends made years and years ago, as really those were two seperate groups with a nutty group of us across many worlds that would luv o see a "colo pt 2" concept and get eveyone together!!. I still hold hope that happens. KNow the level incease is quite in discussion in the older worlds, with alot of various concerns.

Last edited:

Annie-Bell

had someone ask if my friends helenback and earp posting about these changes as also one of the crazy nutters (would be suprised to know how many player are actually in 7+ worlds) and names get confused .. nope they havent but feel like they would say similar of dont know what this means, we will find out in each of worlds, and is acutally a posiive thing for M world i think that may make that last longer then the newer worlds that died out rather quick before and saw helen posting about trying tot get inno to increase 100 friend limit and introduce RumGlomper gear :D but to answer question, no earp and helen not posting here atm and dontt see alot of posts from bunch of vet players but seen some great discussions !

RaiderTr

With the exception of those who abused the circus bug, I don't think anyone has more than 50000% xp from potions in order to make lvl 250. The average player will be lvl 160.
Maybe not in last few worlds but just you wait.

WhyN0t

Give me some time and I'll go back through years of forum announcements. If there weren't any updates to dueling or fort fighting (the last one I remember for sure was the upgrade to the worker's tower bonus), then why were so many posting doom and gloom?
The changes you are talking about took place 7 years ago! 7 years!
But you got new recipes every year in the last 3 years. You have a strange problem with your memory. You remember the changes from fort and duel that happened 7 years ago as if they happened this year, but all the recipes from the last 3 years you pretend they don't exist. To top it off, a few months ago there was an event with 4 new recipes, all off them useful. How did you miss them?

better news than increasing the levels and delivering an update to 5% of its total size, it would have been that the servers would finally merge, I still remember when in a world there were 10 thousand active players and you couldn't go to work because they fainted in less of 1 hour, although it was stressful it was also fun, we had alliances with more than 500 members, 3 or 4 fort fights filled in big forts every day, that would have been better than this

DeletedUser15368

With the exception of those who abused the circus bug, I don't think anyone has more than 50000% xp from potions in order to make lvl 250. The average player will be lvl 160.
According to this, the average player on more active worlds isn't even level 150 yet, but yeah it'll be interesting to see if finding an equilibrium in battles is possible on old-generation worlds. There could also be some irony with duels, as they could devolve to getting KO'd every 2 days by someone that built a church for the last 7 years.

Some say you play for the interaction (there is no interaction in duels, btw. Hope that's fixed soon so both the dueler and duelee can actually interact) Well, that's what chats and telegrams are for. ;)
Indeed, in the beginning, there was only duels, forums and telegrams, and it spawned some of the best interactions and communities I've been a part of over the years. If someone duelled your builders, we used to gear up everyone and send the entire town to raid their town back.
Duelling fan mail was the heart and soul of this game for me when I started, I made great friends and great rivals.

The addition of chat and fort battles sent the social aspect of the game into overdrive, and for the PvP players is probably the only reason to log in these days.

Then we had 10s of thousands of players per world... now at 1% of that, they won't let people migrate their accounts, so they just stop logging in. I hate to see that, I hate that PvE players have ran out of content, and I hate that the solution they've found to that is being done is such a way that it's likely going to drive more of my PvP friends and rivals out. I've seen it many times, all it takes are a few key people to leave, no one to step up, and it's done.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Roth

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
Forum moderator
Is there a prize for quessing the name of the new Questgiver site? I guess "Sal****er". WOW... I must be right, as the censor changed m entry to asterisks. Please reward me with a sniper rifle {item=50260000] in Idaho world. Thanks
I just assume it contains a swear word ;)

darthmaul99174

According to this, the average player on more active worlds isn't even level 150 yet, but yeah it'll be interesting to see if finding an equilibrium in battles is possible on old-generation worlds. There could also be some irony with duels, as they could devolve to getting KO'd every 2 days by someone that built a church for the last 7 years.

Indeed, in the beginning, there was only duels, forums and telegrams, and it spawned some of the best interactions and communities I've been a part of over the years. If someone duelled your builders, we used to gear up everyone and send the entire town to raid their town back.
Duelling fan mail was the heart and soul of this game for me when I started, I made great friends and great rivals.

The addition of chat and fort battles sent the social aspect of the game into overdrive, and for the PvP players is probably the only reason to log in these days.

Then we had 10s of thousands of players per world... now at 1% of that, they won't let people migrate their accounts, so they just stop logging in. I hate to see that, I hate that PvE players have ran out of content, and I hate that the solution they've found to that is being done is such a way that it's likely going to drive more of my PvP friends and rivals out. I've seen it many times, all it takes are a few key people to leave, no one to step up, and it's done.

Couldn't have put it better.