Feedback Update 2.180

Syntex

The West Team
Community Manager
Why are you still fixing the "bug" around daily tasks & theatre. It is not wanted and you already GOT all your feedback which was very negative.
that is a bit sadistic, isn't it? feedback was provided in beta, it was negative and it is ignored, now you're applying the same update here.
it happened many times before, it's not like this is the first time.

and you're looking forward to it? this makes you happy!? isn't that a shame...

We are sorry for the inconveniences this update does, however we had to fix this issue, as it was affecting other aspects of how our quest system works. Fixing this issue will allow us to implement more various quests in the future.

HelenBack

The Movie Theater is needed by most fort fighters to top up before a battle... Battles are at random times. If the quest isn't available, it may not stop us from using the Movie Theatre, however, we can't use it to complete our Daily Tasks on a daily basis... Especially if we are rushing through to complete our dailies just before midnight.

I don't understand why this had to be changed. Why can't all the daily tasks just renew after midnight? It's not like we can do them more than once per day... :-(

Although if you had accepted a quest and didn't complete it, it would hold over until the following week... Then you could do it again but it didn't count towards your daily tasks twice... Only once. But you did get the reward for both times. The Movie Theater daily task didn't allow that... You could only do it once no matter if you had it accepted from the day before.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
The Movie Theater is needed by most fort fighters to top up before a battle... Battles are at random times. If the quest isn't available, it may not stop us from using the Movie Theatre, however, we can't use it to complete our Daily Tasks on a daily basis... Especially if we are rushing through to complete our dailies just before midnight.

I don't understand why this had to be changed. Why can't all the daily tasks just renew after midnight? It's not like we can do them more than once per day... :-(

Although if you had accepted a quest and didn't complete it, it would hold over until the following week... Then you could do it again but it didn't count towards your daily tasks twice... Only once. But you did get the reward for both times. The Movie Theater daily task didn't allow that... You could only do it once no matter if you had it accepted from the day before.
I don't know the details, but I know that when events used the daily quest board there were issues that made it not work as designed, and could cause entire questlines to bug for people (particularly if they held onto an uncompleted quest from a prior year). I _believe_ that the issue with those quests were fundamentally the same and could not be fixed without fixing it for all daily quests.

now, whether they can eliminate to current "regular" daily quests and replace them with a new category of midnight-resetting quests like we have become accustomed to is a bit of a separate question; I will add it to my list of user inquiries

Pankreas PorFavor

I don't know the details, but I know that when events used the daily quest board there were issues that made it not work as designed, and could cause entire questlines to bug for people (particularly if they held onto an uncompleted quest from a prior year). I _believe_ that the issue with those quests were fundamentally the same and could not be fixed without fixing it for all daily quests.

You see, this is the kind of information you should have shared in the first place.
"We know there was a lot of negative feedback, but we changed it anyway, looking forward to more of that!" is not how Inno should communicate with their customers.