Feedback Update 2.169

Victor Kruger

Might be one of the reasons why they changed the game rules to forbid U16 players from registering the accounts.

Interesting

Quite possibly Hans, i wasnt aware they had done that.. another reason theres less player base , was very used to mentoring and having 13 year olds arrive in town/alliance..... yet they were in the most part protected and encouraged not ridiculed or talked overly down to, on the contrary they were nurtured and imo looked after pretty well, at least i like to think they were. Noobs were always the lifeblood of the game and any leader be they town. alliance or battle understood that ... those very same 14 yo kids went on to be many vets and some leaders here now.

That Inno raised the age to 16 is to me very telling.. would that have been around the same time as V2 by any chance ?

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
lol 3-5 years.. will this game even exsist by then at this rate of not listening to our feedback ever!!..
im guessing you dont understand.. when adventures came out .. even a year or 2 after. i was able to click adventures whenever and get in nearly under 15mins in a game.. now you wait hours or more to get into one game.. so times have changed because you guys cant make changes too the adventures.
how the adventures were made , their still the same thing.. no changes or updates at all to it..

If you were addressing me, then clearly my message was misunderstood.

The "when adventures came out .. even a year or 2 after. i was able to click adventures whenever and get in nearly under 15mins"
is the "very different meta" I was referring to.

Averaging 5 per day is a realistically feasible volume to achieve (but only by the most dedicated adventurists). therefore, by implication the people deciding on this 10k number are either perfectly ok with designing achievements that take 3-5 years to complete _for dedicated achievement hunters_ or are oblivious to the realities of the current meta

Kidd Kalypso

Averaging 5 per day is a realistically feasible volume to achieve (but only by the most dedicated adventurists). therefore, by implication the people deciding on this 10k number are either perfectly ok with designing achievements that take 3-5 years to complete _for dedicated achievement hunters_ or are oblivious to the realities of the current meta

Oblivious? My god man, the so called temporary devs/mgt of this game have been smoking crack for the last few years. The silly click fests, tombolas,idiotic new achievemants, updates that are just something to show someone to get a paycheck, etc. I could go on, but why would I? Oblivious my golden ass. A house cleaning is needed, or just pull all support from this time waster of a game. Not like there is a great deal of support happening anyway. I am sure things were checked out in beta world, right?

Victor Kruger

When you actually step back and look at it... The Fairground, the tombolas, pokers etc... it is ALL encouraging gambling and ofc why not ? thats how games get people to part with their $, its called a hook i believe and its part of making the game $$ by soft pressure and normalising throwing a few $ here n there, just one more spin.. oh look at the fairground find the lady etc.. only problem with this is, its still normalising gambling minors or not people can be manipulated.

Kidd about says all the rest.. beta has been a joke for a decade or more, just another $ stream n a hook to make players "think" they are being helpful when really its a very minor consideration and barely registers anymore as useful..ofc players spend $ like its any other world just cheaper and inno thanks you for it.

DeletedUser15368

When you actually step back and look at it... The Fairground, the tombolas, pokers etc... it is ALL encouraging gambling and ofc why not ? thats how games get people to part with their $, its called a hook i believe and its part of making the game $$ by soft pressure and normalising throwing a few $ here n there, just one more spin.. oh look at the fairground find the lady etc.. only problem with this is, its still normalising gambling minors or not people can be manipulated.

Kidd about says all the rest.. beta has been a joke for a decade or more, just another $ stream n a hook to make players "think" they are being helpful when really its a very minor consideration and barely registers anymore as useful..ofc players spend $ like its any other world just cheaper and inno thanks you for it.
Almost everything you wrote here makes complete sense and I agree, except, I don't understand what the hook is anymore.
We played in the golden age of The West, we know what the hooks can and should be (duelling, fort fighting, community), but they've been rendered non-existent now by the very gambling feature that the company went all in on, at the expense of everything that was fun about this game.

I'm sure we all know what the Freemium business model seeks to do, but Hooks can just be the the game is fun - that's why we kept playing initially, right?

Abydos1

Please move the Report Inappropriate Product Description button 1-2mm further right. It's too close to the $.

Ok, that is the most ugly button ever and especially should NOT be next to the Place a bid ($) button! :annoyed:

P.S. Also the huge 'Report abuse' button on a foreign town is way too easy to accidentally click since it is in the same spot as the 'Town forum' in your home town... :roll:

DeletedUser15368

The market report button should have a transparent background, be slightly scaled down, and the actual button should be moved to beside the player name, not beside the button we are going to be clicking 99.99% of the time when using the market - the place bid button should be at the end of the row, enabling ease of access to the most clicked button.

Last edited by a moderator:
The market report button should have a transparent background, be slightly scaled down, and the actual button should be moved to beside the player name, not beside the button we are going to be clicking 99.99% of the time when using the market - the place bid button should be at the end of the row, enabling ease of access to the most clicked button.

Suggestions that should be hashed out in beta and never be seen in production! Hell, the developer should realize this and not be putting it there. I wonder if the (one?) developer actually has an account in the game world(s) and participates in the game.

Additionally, if the report option is for the offer description and there is no description, then why is it an option???

1647538813627.png