Update 1.33

DeletedUser2235

And as I've already said I'm not buying a golden backside for 1 million. :)

I've been reading this thread since the beginning and I'm still confused as to why you think you have to spend $1Million. It says you need to make a million by selling items to the wandering trader, not buying things.

If you needed it badly and wanted it now I guess you could spend $2Million and sell it off to get it.

DeletedUser

Actually you haven't been reading this thread since the beginning. Wanna bet? One who wins gets a steel box. Nah, I think you're just confused as you said... And I'm not *that* evil. ;)
Here's link to some spam, but read the quote please for rough instructions on how to "strategically" do it with 1 million (and some pocketchange):
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=47723&highlight=million&page=9

But in short... You say you need to spend 2 millions? Yea, but when you buy items worth 2 millions in shops and sell them to NPC - you get back whole 1 million. And 2-1=1. So you didn't actually bought the "backside" for 2 millions but just 1. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Thanks for confirmation Shadow D.!
And as I've already said I'm not buying a golden backside for 1 million. :)

Tuc, you got only about 500 each there? Geez... You sukk! :razz:
Delete that acc and let's have fun competing who'll get a better number of invisibilities activated on w12, shallwe? Mabbe there's a secret achievement for that. ;)

I haven't done fort battles there since October 1st. Non-premium adventures suck. And I hold my own on w15.

DeletedUser28189

Steel lined box for 100 hits in fort battle... hmm, well, seems like we don't need to convince anyone to to that. 1000 dodged shots... much better. But how about get shot 1000 times? Put that out there, and we'll have people by the dozens trying to tank the frontlines! :p

DeletedUser

Non-premium adventures suck.
Do I have a feeling that each day there are more and more of us saying adventurers suck? ;)
Oh and... There is a certain topic on german forum that got into a discussion about classes today... Guess what are they just talking about there.
What they're not talking is why this update didn't change a thing about disbalanced classes.
We must wait for 1.34, and hope, obviously.

Steel lined box for 100 hits in fort battle...
Not 100. But 1000. Doesn't matter if those hits you make with a proper weapon, unarmed or with a bear (which is btw bugged and displays that you missed even when you actually hit and make a damage of 0 - that bug was never fixed, not even with the update 1.33). ;)

DeletedUser

Oh and... There is a certain topic on german forum that got into a discussion about classes today... Guess what are they just talking about there.
What they're not talking is why this update didn't change a thing about disbalanced classes.
We must wait for 1.34, and hope, obviously.

If tactics is nerfed, so are soldiers. I think this update does affect class balance.

DeletedUser2235

Actually you haven't been reading this thread since the beginning.

I have and my point of contention is your belief that you HAVE to pay $1Million. You don't HAVE to.

Unless, of course, you have OCD and want to go that route.

DeletedUser

On german worlds in a next few days. On .net, probably early next week.

DeletedUser5677

I'm really surprised that players and moderators are not up in arms over the shortcomings of fort battles and duels. If duelings to become a 2 stat guess game, well fort fights are a 1 stat no guess game. To keep it short, Inno is the biggest enemy of every alliance on every world. The continuous failures to balance the fundamentals of the game have far out shadowed all the apparent energy put forth into things that were never on the road map or of high concern to players. When the money grab overtakes the artistic endeavor the art is gone.

DeletedUser

I'm really surprised that players and moderators are not up in arms over the shortcomings of fort battles and duels. If duelings to become a 2 stat guess game, well fort fights are a 1 stat no guess game.
No... Wait... You're seeing things from only one perspective. Many players are actually interested in upcoming changes but are not willing to post anything.

Duelings are not going to be 2 stat guess game. As stated by devs, modifications mean an end to one build (ring?) that will rule them all. We know only a small portion of the change which practically means only one thing and that is nerfing resistance builds. What devs are trying to make is something that exists in some other games (sometimes I ask myself why aren't we allowed to post game names - it'd make life easier when you're trying to give an example or comparision) where one class beats another class which beats the third one that easily beats the first one.
Imagine if dueling is not skill based, but class based. And then imagine that dueler always wins over worker, soldier pwns dueler however worker nails every soldier. A circle. That's the rough idea, but without seeing how things work now it's impossible to know what impact will the change have.
Also, as noticed by one player, tactics' impact in duels will be lowered which means nerfing soldier class - not enough of nerfing that class if you ask me, but it's a nice start.

Forts are not a subject in this update. Unfortunately. Unlimited and buyable on some worlds - health - is not the only issue, but is a major design fail. Changes are needed definetly, but we'll have to wait for some future update to adress all issues.
But if we'll read between lines, dodge and aim are becoming more important in duels, right? That means semitank fort build, that includes aim and dodging, won't be easy to beat in a duel by pumping appearance skyhigh (which currently gives the resistance+appearance attacker ability to hit the fort fighter in all 8 rounds and win every single duel against a fort fighter who's dodge can't compete with current appearance*aim!). ;)

To keep it short, Inno is the biggest enemy of every alliance on every world.
This is partially wrong. Alliances' biggest enemy are players that pose as dictators. ;)
Assuming there is no such player in an alliance, next biggest enemy is a town of idlers.
Assuming all towns in an alliance got only active players, next biggest enemy are townless players (forgive me for not writing more about this).
It's all connected. The part of a problem is on players' side, another part is on Inno's side. Devs' side. It's Inno who refuse to design a system which would punish idling/inactivity and playing as townless. There are two things that should persuade players to join a town (lower fees if not townless and XP nerfed from NPCduels townless players can perform) but that's not enough.
The dueling system change however can only benefit alliances. Instead of a town filled with only resistance duelists, now you'll have to get players with several different builds if you want to make sure your town can beat anyone. Town, alliance, doesn't matter really. The point is that unlike forts where only HP monsters rule and in 99% of fights a side with more premium soldiers win, duels got a change where, as I've stated before, only one ultimate build (primarly designed to kill builders, but works as a charm also on fort fighters, pure hiders, and etc) won't exist any more.

The continuous failures to balance the fundamentals of the game have far out shadowed all the apparent energy put forth into things that were never on the road map or of high concern to players. When the money grab overtakes the artistic endeavor the art is gone.
And I can agree with you on this. Devs should have made things planned in The Roadmap first, and only after that work on stuff that's not in there. For example, how many more years we'll have to wait for the change of class bonuses (adding a bonus to a player every 10 or 20 levels)?
But let's not forget that the first round in the fight over money grab overtake was won by the community. None of new worlds will contain the evil skillbuying premium. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

fort fights are a 1 stat no guess game.

And yet some people are much better at them than others. Is it really so bad that the player's skills matter more than the character's? Would it be better if fort battles were like duels, where you click the "Fort Fight" button and get your results instantly?

DeletedUser

I'm really surprised that players and moderators are not up in arms over the shortcomings of fort battles and duels. If duelings to become a 2 stat guess game, well fort fights are a 1 stat no guess game. To keep it short, Inno is the biggest enemy of every alliance on every world. The continuous failures to balance the fundamentals of the game have far out shadowed all the apparent energy put forth into things that were never on the road map or of high concern to players. When the money grab overtakes the artistic endeavor the art is gone.
Wow, you're really full of crap aren't you.

Anyway, the so-called money grab has not taken any features away from playing for free. More importantly, providing more ways for people to pay for extras has resulted in more money being allocated for development of this game. The amount of changes that have been instituted since the inclusion of additional nugget features vastly outdistances what existed previously. So, basically, their "money-grabbing" is a good thing for us.

Some players actually bother to pay to play and those who play for free end up reaping the benefits.

Defender7, since you became active on the forums again, I rarely see a post from you that isn't anything other than vaguely presented dramatics. How about posting something substantive or, better yet, join the beta and participate in the development of the game instead of the, "complaining about a game because you're getting bored for having played it so long" stance.

DeletedUser

anyone have any info on these so-called collector cards? seems like they'll just randomly drop from jobs/crafting/fort battles/whatever game event.....

DeletedUser

anyone have any info on these so-called collector cards? seems like they'll just randomly drop from jobs/crafting/fort battles/whatever game event.....
They're from opening crafted items which "contain an item", two for each profession.

DeletedUser

awesome, they updated faster than I expected :D
it's an interesting way to spice up crafting.....but I wonder how many people are actually collectors....