Upcoming changes in 1.32 (details)

DeletedUser

I was going to report that, then I read the announcement, but it does sound like achievements are supposed to be updated now. I'm missing a lot of collections on w4, my original collector, where I'm only showing 5 collections. Looking at all the ones I'm not getting credit for, it does show the items checked.

It definitely looks like it is finished updating. Under the work achievements it has counted the jobs I have done today but no job previously for the progress bar. And some aren't awarding at all I'm at 1/1 for do 1 job but the achievement is still greyed out.

DeletedUser

My indian set seems to carry less bonus as I have dropped 4 LPs on Robbing Settlers.

DeletedUser2676

You guys are fighting over +5 leadership a soldier gets in the fort battle? grow up seeesh!

From my experience as a soldier, I really don't see the point of most of its bonuses as they are based on skill points. I'd rather become a dueler(for dueling) or adventurer(for fort battles) instead.

TBH, A soldier can't do lots of quests without venturing out of the soldier build( high strenght/charisma).....I haven't been able to complete any of the new questlines that they have and won't be able to for a very very long time(including the questline introduced in this update) and that is more than a fair share for a weakness. Even the 50% tactics bonus is useless after reaching a limit(I think it was limited the same time resistance was limited to 1/4th of the weapon's damage range...they could still get beaten by a pure resistance player).

So lets see, soldier's get beaten up badly in fort battles from all the critical shots from the duelers(and again, the bonus only applies if you have the skill points into HP), their weapon bonus is useless after reaching level 75, their tactics bonus has limited effect on defense dueling(since the appearance and tactics have capped effects on duels) and at last leadership bonus which is only useful in the fort battle IF you have put your skill points in it! And might I remind you, they only get 4 bonuses instead of 5 which all other classes get....which makes soldiers a miserable class to choose atm.

I'd recommend to make all classes equal by giving them similar bonuses that depend on skill points and give soldiers some bonuses that don't depend on skills but that's a whole different topic so lets leave it at that.

Thanks to this update, the only major thing affecting a duel is luck(aside from aim/dodge). The appearance/tactics part of the system was weakened, the damage inflicted/ resistance part of it was weakened.....the way I see it, the devs are pushing it in the right direction for us to get used to the new dueling system(which they were talking about at the start of the year).

The avatars need to be refined a bit more and it makes sense that only premium players can change their avatars completely. All in all, this may not be the best update but it's pretty decent and helpful for quest seekers, duelers and fort battlers :)

DeletedUser

Agreed with the soldier point. I`m having much more fun with my dueler in w13 than my soldier in w12. Duelers have all the advantages for dueling and one bonus for fort battle. And I´m having more fun too with my adventurer in w1 than soldier in w12. Bacause advs. have advanatges for jobs (outside of battles and duels) and one fort fight bonus.

We need to balance out the classess!

And btw, I don´t think dueling has changed. It may be a glitch? I will test tomorrow and do some duels. ;)

DeletedUser9470

agreed, u will see me with a dueller character on 15.

but then jox is bound to put up "nerf duelist characters" post soon so I'm in 2 minds, the way every character jox doesnt play gets nerfed youre probably better off greenhorn.

im not at all happy about nerfing charisma duel skills, charisma duelists were nowhere near overpowered.
seems nerfing charisma is only making the game a lot easier.
soon inno will be buying rights from FOX and Matt Groening.

edit: tweek to charisma is absolute nonesense.
9240872_0347_625x625.jpg

I hardly win by 100 hp against noobs, showing 160 vigor, 120aim, 120 dodge, 200 appearance.
I get hit 4 times by a half resist guy same level, and im in full buff mode.
Absolute nonesense!
This is for sure the end of 0% dueling and probably dueling all together.
Im off to play simcity, its way better than this game.

edit2:
i said at start of this post you would see me on w15... forget that.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

TBH, A soldier can't do lots of quests without venturing out of the soldier build( high strenght/charisma).....
It's classic thing if you think about it - you must gather your party before venturing forth.

agreed, u will see me with a dueller character on 15.

but then jox is bound to put up "nerf duelist characters" post soon so I'm in 2 minds, the way every character jox doesnt play gets nerfed youre probably better off greenhorn.
You crazy? Don't nerf class dueler. Nerf class soldier. Dueler is now a good (and balanced) class to play.
Oh, you don't mean the class but you think I'll pursue nerfing the duelist job? In a way I could ask for a change in it, but that wouldn't be real nerfing. For example, lift the pocket protection completely so winning a duel gives you all the cash opponent but also remove the motivation factor from dueling completely. Scared to be sentenced into dueling only those who do duels and not workers? Cmon, how can that be, if by your words, workers are because of some abnormal bonus skyrocketing on the XP ranking, hahah

edit: tweek to charisma is absolute nonesense.
I can't agree. You only have to construct a new (good for this system) build and that's all.
Don't be surprised. Questchasers are respeccing for a few updates already, fortfighters too, it's finally time to do some dueling respecs, eh?

edit2:
i said at start of this post you would see me on w15... forget that.
Look, I've had enough of w13 without superstars. So don't be rediculous and get yer backside on w15!

DeletedUser25947

Does anybody noticed ANY difference in the " new " and " improved " duelling system? Resistance is the same - tested. Anything else? For me so far the results are very much the same as they were previously.

DeletedUser25480

dodging and aim for me seem much better, resistance seems to have had an accuracy reduction (about time!) but apart from that its the same as far as i can tell ^.^

DeletedUser28464

changes in 1.32 (details)

I got into this thread hoping to read details about 1.32 update.
Instead, the same old rants about fort battles, overpowered soldier, useless crafting etc. dominate this tread.
Can't we have a thread about the technical details of 1.32 changes and maybe have another thread for people that want to rant about the changes ???

Pedro

DeletedUser

The exact dueling formula is a secret and will never be publically released.

DeletedUser28464

secrets ?

I gather that some of the changes are secrets :))) Many things were secrets when this game started and no longer are.
Anyways, why bother starting this post on details if there aren't any to be known ?

Pedro

DeletedUser

Why? Because the west is not only about dueling. Never was, never will be. So we'll have details about everything else - besides dueling. :)

DeletedUser

Why? Because the west is not only about dueling. Never was, never will be. So we'll have details about everything else - besides dueling. :)

Nah its because people would spend more while trying to adapt...

DeletedUser2676

It's classic thing if you think about it - you must gather your party before venturing forth.

My point was the golden set! Soldiers are the last class in getting anything. I think it's high time you stopped hating the soldier class....become one yourself if you think it's too powerful....only then will you come to realize how wrong you are! Heck, W3 still doesn't have a single soldier with a golden gun :hmf:

If you ask me, soldier is the third best class out there. I'd do anything to be able to change my class right now(except restart) >.>

Anyways, getting back on topic, WHAT EXACTLY IS DIFFERENT(dueling only) IN THIS UPDATE?? Most people I ask find no difference...

I'm not asking for the formula or by how much but I very much would like to know what was changed at least....it makes no sense to tell that the dueling system has been changed without telling what has changed!

Example sentences would be:
Reduced the effect of appearance/ tactics in the duels.
Reduced the effect of toughness/reflexes.
Recalculated the dueling formula such that Aim is given more prominence.
Recalculated the dueling formula such that Dodge is given more prominence.
Recalculated the dueling formula so that all the existing dueling skills have a limit, having excess skill points in them will make no difference!

They're only increasing the number of tickets they're gonna receive by not telling us what they're changing....how are we to know what is a bug and what is right? :rolleyes:

DeletedUser9470

now that duelist characters can also see peoples stats in fort battles...
let me guess?
most on w15 are dueler characters?
if they arent they are noobs!

DeletedUser

After 1.32 update is not serious for woman avatars that They need to dancers set some unterrock Petticoat, which is not in the shop taylor and man avatars have for gentlemens set some black linen pants, whose is in every second taylor.. Or I am wrong? I play ENG 12 world..Thanks

DeletedUser

"most on w15 are dueler characters?
if they arent they are noobs!"

Or perhaps they wanted to be something else. Oh, imagine that.

DeletedUser

now that duelist characters can also see peoples stats in fort battles...
let me guess?
most on w15 are dueler characters?
if they arent they are noobs!
+1

Although... If there is an organized group, we should expect also a worker and a few soldiers in a town. But a town with less than 35 duelers... Noobtown. :)