Upcoming changes in 1.32 (details)

DeletedUser

For me this is the end of my gaming here. Just too much moving of goalposts.
I've been burnt in the past, like when Christmas Cracker was suddenly nerfed, leaving me with a worthless inventory of about 40 of them, which I had done a lot of trading and travelling to collect. Or when, having completed all the questlines, getting my butt kicked by duellers the while, and finally re-specced close to pure dueller they added new levels and more questlines that I had to re-spec back to complete.
Now they're gonna nerf Fancy Soft Leg Guards that I paid $2300+ for? So I'll have to go back to Brown Leather Pants or something else I probably sold for a knock-down price months ago? No, sorry - I thought this was a game, not a beta-test-y work-in-progress. Sure, improve the game, but don't take away the things that people have worked (and paid) for.
The other BIG BIG fault with this game is the irreversability of crucial gamepaths. 'The Raid', 'Waupee's Way', character and craft class are non-reversible and game-changing decisions. It shouldn't be necessary to resort to do-overs, or to have to completely read the forums before getting to play the game satisfactorily.
Put those two things together and you've got a recipe for an awful game experience:

"You gotta make a choice here"
"Okay"
"It's irreversible"
"Gotcha"
"So do all your research"
"Yep"
"Done that?"
"I have"
"Made your choice?"
"Yes"
"Well, click the button"
"Done that"
"So, there's no undo now"
*I understand and I'm happy with the choice I made"
"Well...... we just changed the specs, Muahahahah!"
"You f**!@@!%**":mad:

DeletedUser

Eli the correct conclusion would be:
tough luck

And I completely agree.
But I won't delete. Yet.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I can only say the same thing that Eli sayed on The Raid and the Waupee quests.
The raid, for many of us would give the walking stick or the indian coat. That was the main choice we had on that time, since the key didn´t had any use. The waupee was a kind of "secret" to get the Hernando sword. That one only a few knew about it and only when some sites (think by the end of 2009) started to get the quest info, everybody got the hernando but the key was still a collection item.

On the changes on the clothes, that can happen in any game. Something starts to get used by everyone, so they drop a point on it so people start to use different setups and try for them instead of just using a site to get the best things and use them.

DeletedUser

Looks like dancers set got couple of improvements too.But you'll have to found a new town to
get the pant in that set.

DeletedUser

might get lucky on the salesman......so whats the news on the update.....according to blog this week but looks unlikely:blink:

DeletedUser

Indian set: Indian belt (quest reward)
Gentleman's: black linen pants, Al Swearengen's eagle belt (luck drop)
Dancer's: Petticoat (new tailors, trader), Adah Isaacs Menken's girdle (luck drop)

Edit: And for any "who the hell is Adah Isaacs Menken" questions: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adah_Isaacs_Menken :p

DeletedUser

This update isn´t that bad. But some people will think it sucks as always there are some who don´t like updates. It sounds like medals will still be active in 1.32, not known yet. And the duel system is getting more improvements. Aim/dodge have more impact in duels now, they´re not buggy anymore as before. ;)

DeletedUser25947

From BETA

View Single Post
Yesterday, 12:50 #5
FallenHero
Administrator

Duel-system rebalancing:
The influence of appearance and tactics for aiming got reduced significantly. That means a player who has a big amount of aiming is likely to strike his opponent and a dodge-skilled-duelist is hard to hit.

//Comming this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashock
The influence of tactic and appearance only applies to aiming and not on dodging. They never had any influence on dodging to begin with.

Before, tactics and appearance went into the equation multiplying the aim value. Now the values are only added.

If the appearance value of the attacker is higher than the tactic value of the defender the value (appearance - tactic) is added to the aim value of the attacker.
If the tactic value of the defender is higher than the appearance value of the attacker the value (tactic - appearance) is added to the aim value of the defender.

To test this system the changes of the resistances have been set back to the old values.

Looks like they cant decide what to do, what I see it's a big MESS.
Somebody said 1.32 is designed to milk some more cash...I see it totally opposite - they will lose a lot of cash from premium players which are disappointed of all the crappy changes they making ruining their game experience.

BTW ...I like this :)
"You gotta make a choice here"
"Okay"
"It's irreversible"
"Gotcha"
"So do all your research"
"Yep"
"Done that?"
"I have"
"Made your choice?"
"Yes"
"Well, click the button"
"Done that"
"So, there's no undo now"
*I understand and I'm happy with the choice I made"
"Well...... we just changed the specs, Muahahahah!"

That's why I think it's time for the Developers to allow a second change for the class conditioned by a few things like - being lvl120 and pay 300 nuggets...etc.
In my opinion to keep the game fair after all the changes they are doing a second chance to chose the class should be implemented otherwise they will lose many cash players.

DeletedUser

Before, tactics and appearance went into the equation multiplying the aim value. Now the values are only added.
If the appearance value of the attacker is higher than the tactic value of the defender the value (appearance - tactic) is added to the aim value of the attacker.
If the tactic value of the defender is higher than the appearance value of the attacker the value (tactic - appearance) is added to the aim value of the defender.

Looks that all soldiers, who claimed tactics sucks and is not overpowered, got the whole thing wrong. +50% of tactics that multiplies your aiming since you've beaten attacker's appearance? hell, if something isn't overpowered, that it's not this. Was not - if it's really gonna change.

DeletedUser16008

From BETA

Duel-system rebalancing:
The influence of appearance and tactics for aiming got reduced significantly. That means a player who has a big amount of aiming is likely to strike his opponent and a dodge-skilled-duelist is hard to hit.

//Comming this afternoon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashock
The influence of tactic and appearance only applies to aiming and not on dodging. They never had any influence on dodging to begin with.

To test this system the changes of the resistances have been set back to the old values.

Somebody said 1.32 is designed to milk some more cash...I see it totally opposite - they will lose a lot of cash from premium players which are disappointed of all the crappy changes they making ruining their game experience.

they will lose many cash players.

Great so resist knuckle dragging useless unimaginative duelers get away with it AGAIN :no:

Simply translated means if that happens then the best duel build will be pure Dex Shooter for aim and resist killing and the remainder of skills all on dodge ... lvl 120 nice combo 200 aim or so with 300 + shoot and over 200 dodge with respective kit should destroy just about anyone ....

I swear the devs do this in order to make cash as everyone keeps adjusting for nuggets. I bet they will release some half baked unthoughtful rehash ... and just about the time people start to respec accordingly they will do the usual flip flop again...

Heres one cash buyer thats done buying .. when the nuggets are gone thats me gone too .. had enough of being messed around thanks

DeletedUser

As i said before, nothing worthwhile is done in 1.32, its all cash milking changes that are good for nothing. When inno stopped listening to the community, west started to go down, why do they insist on doing that is beyond me...
I am especially thrilled with the new quest, even more with Break up gangs part (it seems whatever you wanted to do in old west you needed to break up some gangs first.), but than again i predicted that when new quest was announced in 1.32

-Quest (ah yes... THE QUEST! Someone said breaking up gangs? Lots of respec anyway, in that i am sure)

Though it wasn't exactly rocket science to predict something like that.

Forts are whole new story, inno refuse to do anything with them (except cosmetic changes), it will probably get done where everyone adapt to this crappy abused system so everyone would have to respecc when the update finally comes...

At the end of the day so much messing with the community will have counter effect on inno income, and than they might finally listen to players...

DeletedUser16008

so if aim is the same as appearance why put points in appearance?

You wouldn't, seeing as aim would work in both def and attack whereas appearance only works in attack... ie leave it on aim and get a full app set to help out

DeletedUser

Anarchy it's not that simple. :)
Point by point...

The problem with new quests (not dailies, but secret and hard ones) is that those are not designed to make the gameplay more interesting, but are designed to press you to respec. No? Well, find me a player that did not have to respec to solve all 4 animal spirits. Oh, did I mention that to solve this new 1.32 quest serie, whole of it, you have to solve ALL animal spirits?
Another part of quests "problem" in this game is too big difference from all RPGs and MMORPGs. You can't offer players such quests that are not more beneficial from other game parts. Read - minimize grinding of any kind, make quests worthwhile. If I can get more cash, XP, items (named ones) in something else, I'll spit on a quest and say it sux. All bad RPGs/MMORPGs are grinding oriented and with useless quests. Luckily for us The West is not, but there are several useless quests here.

About the dueling system change we knew (well... ones who were interested as devs answered me on their blog) it'll just be rebalancing of the old one. Thorough testing is happening on beta, the recent decision on nerfing the tactics is the best news I've heard. Everyone thought that tactics(*2 if prem soldier) just adds to your hitchance/dodgechance. I couldn't be more surprised when I've read that it - multiplies! So... Pure tactics soldier is crap as 0 of aiming multiplied by 8734568374684 of tactics is still 0. Just imagine how many duels (when defending) a tactics/aiming soldier would lose in the current system? Not many. But still.
Let's return to cases of the loss you don't have to be Einstein to understand that if tactics/aiming soldier gets attacked by a resistance duelist he'll lose. All of the time. Because of that, resistances are also being nerfed.
It's again not that simple, you can't have just tactics and aim, also if you'll never attack soldiers you don't need an appearance skill at all it seems (not quite ofc, there are still alljobs chars with 70 tactics and also NPC quest duels), it's all returning to the fact that devs practically persuade you not to attack soldiers at all, but that's another story. The dueling system was utterly bad, but it can't get worse than it was. This is a good thing to change, and while drastic measures are needed, I'll be happy with these small ones. As putting a + into a formula instead of * can make a huge difference.

What happened with crafting? Man, that part of the game could have been it's jewel, but again, The West took an approach totally different from other games. While in other games things you craft are almost always better than the ones you can buy in shops or collect as lucky drops, here things you can craft are pretty much useless timewasting junk. Not to mention that recipes are distributed among 4 professions in such way that only Blacksmith is worth of your torment.

Like one overpowered crafting profession, there is one overpowered class. And it seems resistant to changes, in each update it gets even more overpowered instead of getting nerfed. Everyone is already bored by that "soldiers=overpowered" mantra of mine, so I'll stop about that just here. You my think whatever you want, I really don't care.

And finally forts as the huge problem... It's not that tragic. It's still fun when we're all at levels below 80, later it becomes a pain. How and why? Because of the cheap shaman premium. Yes, it's too cheap. Anyone can totally respec with almost zero ingame cash. Where's the logic in it?
But I don't expect they'll concentrate on rebalancing forts in near future. So the best option is to try to have some fun on w15 when it opens. And it'll be soon.

I'm optimistic however. As things cannot change over night, I'll be patient for a while. But even in the worst case at the end we'll all move to 7lands which is not a bad thing. ;)

DeletedUser

Blacksmith is the "best" proffession, I agree on that point. But blacksmithing is also very demanding. Take bayonet for example. You need cotton, granite and a knife. A knife is hard to make. It requires molten iron, hammer and etc. Very hard to obtain products. First you need to get cotton and granite, then resources for a knife, then resources for molten iron. Very time consuming craft but also very rewarding and useful buff to make.

DeletedUser

cook is the best proffetion in terms of powerfull buffs/balanced products.

blacksmith has better buffs but also more demanding products as you stated

DeletedUser9470

the overpowered builds in dueling are melee resist and dexterity shoot.
charisma build is the least overpowered of the 3 builds and suits both melee and ranged.
as such it is the most interesting build to play.
nerfing this build is a big mistake from the devs imho.

this game is becoming increasingly easier to play.
you want to fort fight? put all skills into hp
you want to duel? put every skill into aim and dodge or toughness and reflex
you want to reskill? put a whine post in the I&D forum.
my little 4 yr/o sister can do this.

DeletedUser

Anarchy it's not that simple. :)
Point by point...

The problem with new quests (not dailies, but secret and hard ones) is that those are not designed to make the gameplay more interesting, but are designed to press you to respec. No? Well, find me a player that did not have to respec to solve all 4 animal spirits. Oh, did I mention that to solve this new 1.32 quest serie, whole of it, you have to solve ALL animal spirits?
Another part of quests "problem" in this game is too big difference from all RPGs and MMORPGs. You can't offer players such quests that are not more beneficial from other game parts. Read - minimize grinding of any kind, make quests worthwhile. If I can get more cash, XP, items (named ones) in something else, I'll spit on a quest and say it sux. All bad RPGs/MMORPGs are grinding oriented and with useless quests. Luckily for us The West is not, but there are several useless quests here.

About the dueling system change we knew (well... ones who were interested as devs answered me on their blog) it'll just be rebalancing of the old one. Thorough testing is happening on beta, the recent decision on nerfing the tactics is the best news I've heard. Everyone thought that tactics(*2 if prem soldier) just adds to your hitchance/dodgechance. I couldn't be more surprised when I've read that it - multiplies! So... Pure tactics soldier is crap as 0 of aiming multiplied by 8734568374684 of tactics is still 0. Just imagine how many duels (when defending) a tactics/aiming soldier would lose in the current system? Not many. But still.
Let's return to cases of the loss you don't have to be Einstein to understand that if tactics/aiming soldier gets attacked by a resistance duelist he'll lose. All of the time. Because of that, resistances are also being nerfed.
It's again not that simple, you can't have just tactics and aim, also if you'll never attack soldiers you don't need an appearance skill at all it seems (not quite ofc, there are still alljobs chars with 70 tactics and also NPC quest duels), it's all returning to the fact that devs practically persuade you not to attack soldiers at all, but that's another story. The dueling system was utterly bad, but it can't get worse than it was. This is a good thing to change, and while drastic measures are needed, I'll be happy with these small ones. As putting a + into a formula instead of * can make a huge difference.

What happened with crafting? Man, that part of the game could have been it's jewel, but again, The West took an approach totally different from other games. While in other games things you craft are almost always better than the ones you can buy in shops or collect as lucky drops, here things you can craft are pretty much useless timewasting junk. Not to mention that recipes are distributed among 4 professions in such way that only Blacksmith is worth of your torment.

Like one overpowered crafting profession, there is one overpowered class. And it seems resistant to changes, in each update it gets even more overpowered instead of getting nerfed. Everyone is already bored by that "soldiers=overpowered" mantra of mine, so I'll stop about that just here. You my think whatever you want, I really don't care.

And finally forts as the huge problem... It's not that tragic. It's still fun when we're all at levels below 80, later it becomes a pain. How and why? Because of the cheap shaman premium. Yes, it's too cheap. Anyone can totally respec with almost zero ingame cash. Where's the logic in it?
But I don't expect they'll concentrate on rebalancing forts in near future. So the best option is to try to have some fun on w15 when it opens. And it'll be soon.

I'm optimistic however. As things cannot change over night, I'll be patient for a while. But even in the worst case at the end we'll all move to 7lands which is not a bad thing. ;)

Well in recent updates we had 3 quests all of which had crappy rewards, and demanded a ton of respec (and just for your eyes-kad vidiš šta si uradio, a šta dobio imaš utisak da te neko zajebava) and thats just pointless, it seems to me that devs were trying to get as much respec as possible and give you crappiest reward possible, thats just screwing with players. Take something, give nothing...

Don't know a lot of dueling so i will wait and see for this one.

Crafting demands crapload of work and has mostly items that are there just for show also yes, its terribly unbalanced. But than again crafting has its upsides...

Forts are getting progressively more problematic, and devs are ignoring them more. Their solution for everything is opening another server and killing a few old worlds more in the proccess.

All of this combined with ignoring any idea that actually may help this game and needless nerfing thats just annoys players is killing this game. Shame though, it was great while it lasted...

DeletedUser

So is 1.32 coming in September?With that is W15 coming in September or November?

DeletedUser

So is 1.32 coming in September?With that is W15 coming in September or November?
People can (and will, unfortunately) ask this all they want, and the answer will always be the same.

No one knows when an update is coming until it's publicly announced!

How many times is it necessary to say that?