Upcoming changes in 1.32 (details)

DeletedUser

There are a few threads that touch this matter already, but those contain just plans on the new update, not details. For example:
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=46840
http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?t=46872

Here is the changelog on planned changes, please don't rush on beta just to check it all out as they didn't add everything yet!
Since the changelog probably contains (too much of) spoilers, I'll "hide" it under the button.
[spoil]Features
  • Chat improvements
    • Acoustic and visual information for users about chatactivity
  • Fort battles improvements
    • Fort battle recruiting - display recruited users per ranks and total
    • Fortbattle maps lack highest tower level settings
    • Fort Battles Ranking Page sort error
    • alliance influences fortbattle subscription and view
    • The mouseover of a fort battle report should show the health lost, XP gained any any items found
    • The mouseover of a fort before a battle should show the battle time in both local and server time
    • Expand Fortbattle bar
    • Show more recent battles
    • Graveyard shows more than the battles of the last 6 month
    • Sleep in the barracks isn't canceled when town leaves the fort
    • Button Start maneuver
    • Cancel maneuver
    • Soldier’s Tower level 3 grants the same bonus as a Adventurer’s tower level 4 in a medium fort
    • Further info on pre battle mouse over
    • Wrong rank is shown on the chat at fort battle
    • List of Recruits Page - show detailed player info
    • Wrong weapon used in fort battle/maneuvers
    • swapping is shown for enemies as well
  • Improvement of old duel system
    • Rebalancing of resistance
    • Change of the fine soft chap
  • Achievements & statictics for Achievements
  • Collections
  • Finish Poker – in-game-money use activated
    • room options
    • graphic closing / pause between rounds
    • allow actions to be queued
    • notification when its your turn
    • have individual stack displayed in front of player until end of the round - then move it to the community stack
  • Friendlist
  • Players recruit players

Bugfixes
  • county is not updated on minimap when renamed
  • Word Craft is hidden in Craft screen.

Quest
  • Added a new quest
[/spoil]

I'll start with the new avatar system.
To get to it you just click on Character button and choose an appropriate tab.

There are so much possibilities to change on your avatar (10 things total to change on you and the background as 11th) that you'll probably have hours of fun with it. Making a screenshot of every single combination is impossible so don't ask for that please, just be patient till we get this update on real servers.
For those who find this whole thing stupid there are two options:
1. keep the origianl avatar (yes, you don't need to create a new one if you don't want to)
2. click on the dice under the pic till you get some random avatar you like.

The randomized avatar is (currently) somewhat buggy - sometimes it offers female avatars for male players and vice versa.

Does anyone remember when I was not happy with the plans of removing the kinky but top humor female greenhorn avatar? Fear not if you feel just like me, new avatar possibilities are so rich that you'll have no problem in making even kinkier stuff. For example you may start an alliance named "ugly nuns with big guns" and have avatars similar to this one:

ir6xhe.png

If you don't like the avatar you've made and want to get back to the default (custom) one, you'll just click on the button shown here as "Zurücksetzen".

More different avatar screenshots you may see here:
http://www.facebook.com/TheWestGame
http://devblog.the-west.net/?p=711&lang=de

Expect details on other changes later.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Two more things to add since those are not included in the planned changelog.

One, crafting recipes are changed. You need less products to craft some things now!
It's pretty much hard for me to collect all changes made to recipes so I suggest for all interested to check abedy's tw-db site later as he'll probably update it soon.

Another thing added is a new option in telegrams under the button Action. It deletes everything in a section of your choice, so you don't need to select a page, then delete, then again select all, then delete, etc. The option is displayed currently in german as:
Alle Nachrichten löschen aus.

DeletedUser

225 toughness/reflexes vs 336 vigor.the best hit was 167 at head.can someone tell if there is a big difference from previously?

DeletedUser

First of all ok i understand they want to earn money on us but this is to mutch.. Try to change now your avatar. Mouth, eyes, scars on face etc.. you need to pay that with nuggets i really dont know now should i laugh or should i cry on this picture you posted i tryed also custom make avatar and damn that faces looks ed i mean really ed i am not joking. This game won title game of the year and this is BIG FAIL from them. Crap version, crap avatars... what is with poker? should we wait 10 versions to get the chance for earning money?
How it started on next update we will pay 5 nuggets to open inventory :mad: just two words for this version and development team BIG FAIL!

ps: I bet that i can draw better picture in paint than this one what you posted here ;) game of the year puff... :rolleyes:

DeletedUser

Mouth, eyes, scars on face etc.. you need to pay that with nuggets

Mouth, eyes, face...and nose. You used etc for NOSE. Why didn't you just say nose?

"Um diese Region zu ändern wird Premium benötigt."

"To change this region is required premium."

Everything else is free.

DeletedUser

Great! Less products required for crafting, that I like. :)
Less time or $$$ needeed to collect products. :) Change region, what do you mean, elmyr? Didn´t get that.

DeletedUser

Guys I won't comment premiums as long as they don't disbalance the game heavily. Sorry about that.
And the most recent RPG of the year is not The West but Sevenlands.

225 toughness/reflexes vs 336 vigor.the best hit was 167 at head.can someone tell if there is a big difference from previously?

The formula about changes is secret, but to quote public manager from beta:
"the resistance value not corresponding to the attack weapon (so: reflex for melee weapons and toughness for firearm weapons) is reduced."
"To explain the reduce of the resistance a bit more we’ll use a easy example: If a player attacks you with a melee weapon your corresponding resistance (toughness) and the not corresponding (reflex) lower the attack of your opponent. Now, after the update, the reduction through reflex is decreased to a lower level. With that change we hope to break the dominance of the resistance skill and give other skills a fairer chance in the duel."

Also I ask for some patience till I check all items as some are changed (as planned).

The example is Fancy soft leg guards that are changed:
Current bonuses:
+2 Mobility
+19 Health Points
+30 Dodging
+25 Aiming

Bonuses those pants will have in version 1.32:
+2 Dexterity
+1 Mobility
+1 Charisma
+20 Health Points (jesus christ will they stop with soldier class overpumping already!?)
+20 Dodging
+20 Aiming
+25 Leadership (seems they won't, seriously, I'm gonna do some heavy trolling on devblog about this).

P.S. Sorry Elmyr I was writing the whole thing while you posted... I'll keep the post so ppl can compare old and new values. Honestly if adding health, reflex and leadership will continue on other equipment, I see no reason to play any other class ever again but soldier. And it's disgusting.

DeletedUser

actually now that i saw it again there almost is no big difference.previously you needed about 340 to break those resistances.now about 310-315

DeletedUser9470

awesome news for dodge duelists.
wonders where they are going with soft gards?
surely that is so overpowering if your not wearing them all the time you will be thrashed to death all day every day?
which means all other pants over level 99 will become obsolete...
i was thinking they were overpowered as they are now, let alone with these extra sps...
mmm

DeletedUser

Neo the problem with those pants is not "being trashed to death" or whatever.
It's again the case that happens in almost every single update "let's give soldiers some more stuff and f. rest three classes".

In case moral police asks what does that F mean, either keep a secret or tell them it means forget.

DeletedUser

yeap.seems like the west becomes more like a ninja game.maybe they are going to change the name too :laugh:

DeletedUser

i want pirate too.but you know what? we can't get them cause pirates use guns too ;)

DeletedUser

Are they nerfing all high level pants? What a? They´re like trying to solve problem in a problem and then make it even worse, nothing can be Prefect!

DeletedUser9470

Neo the problem with those pants is not "being trashed to death" or whatever.
It's again the case that happens in almost every single update "let's give soldiers some more stuff and f. rest three classes".

In case moral police asks what does that F mean, either keep a secret or tell them it means forget.

i dont think hp bonus overpowers soldier.
in duels it makes soldier a bit better but thats it.
in fbs it is a bonus which is matched by other chars bonuses so there i dont see any overpowering either.
as for trumpet you know i dont rate that POS. (pointless obsolete sore)

but i think this new bonus on the pants creates one heck of a rift between players below, and above level 99.

DeletedUser

Are they nerfing all high level pants? What a? They´re like trying to solve problem in a problem and then make it even worse, nothing can be Prefect!

The changelog refers specifically to fancy soft leg guards...so no.

DeletedUser

i dont think hp bonus overpowers soldier.
in duels it makes soldier a bit better but thats it.
in fbs it is a bonus which is matched by other chars bonuses so there i dont see any overpowering either.
as for trumpet you know i dont rate that POS. (pointless obsolete sore)

but i think this new bonus on the pants creates one heck of a rift between players below, and above level 99.
like it did before ^^

DeletedUser

Why don´t give fancy soft leg guards stamina or hiding instead of leadership?