Union set sale

OlliePie

Dear Mr Hr.Nyborg,
Please would you be so kind to put the Union set on sale,
You will make a lot of new friends and make lots and lots of cowboys and cowgirls very happy.
I am reliably informed that this request will be met by good fortune, fame and perhaps a lambo.... but honestly I would be happy with a Lambo tractor (if you know, you know).
Thank you very much for listening to my plea.
Yours Sincerely,
OlliePie

Sjeesje

The only people that might be happy if union gets sold again are damage hungry players that have no particular interest in actual fortfighting. Union is a broken set in every single aspect, however Cortina is also very strong.
It's almost every single time the same story when there are new sets, or the set is way too strong, or the set isn't relevant at all. There's almost no in-between.

wyindywidualizowany

Dear Mr Hr.Hyborg,

Please convince innogames to make union set a permanent thing in the store. Also, please let them know that we want union horse set too. As a tank Im tired of surviving multiple rounds on point while being shot by a bunch of noobs who either miss or deal damage close to 0 because of my very high resistance.

Yours Sincerely,
Wyindywidualizowany

Beefmeister

should nerf both union and cortina actually

apart from that, last sales were only tank sets, so i can see why ollie wants union

DeletedUser15368

Before we sell existing damage sets again, let's maybe sell sets for other playstyles too.
attack:
Damage:
Tombola set: Captain
Nugget set: Union Officer

Tank:
Tombola set: no suitable set
Nugget set: no suitable set

Resist:

defence
Damage:
Tombola set: Phoebe A. Mosey

Tank:
Tombola set: Cortina

Resist:

Beefmeister

Before we sell existing damage sets again, let's maybe sell sets for other playstyles too.
attack:
Damage:
Tombola set: Captain

Tank:

Resist:

defence
Damage:
Tombola set: Phoebe A. Mosey

Tank:
Tombola set: Cortina

Resist:

this post is a bit misleading

captain set - only clothes are viable (weapons are trash) and they are not even close enough to deal with cortina...i have lv3 and it's just trash. it would've been decent in the past meta
could as well be phoebe clothes instead of captain and the hit rate would be about the same
in defense it's a different story with phoebe clothes ONLY because of the tower bonuses...if you sit on the ground they're useless, as is captain in defense.

if you compare a bit how much an average f2p dueler deals in both defenses (30k sometimes 40k if prem) and in attack (max 15k 30k if prem AND lucky)...that's barely enough to kill a tank in defense and half a tank in attack

meanwhile, a soldier in defense, on ST, with full cortina+spirit bear dodges over 100, lots of hits taken...if you compare a bit how much those dodges are dueler shots...tanks are way more useful than an average dueler. i hope you understand this because i didn't explain it too good

now with union, that is a different story...defense has potential to deal even 90k. proof how op it is and how NOBODY wants to nerf this trash of a set that completely destroyed this game

while in the other part, the tank sets...i'm not really saying they're amazing but they make the difference, hence the reason why defense can now hold towers
you have spirit set you can use with cortina
you have the new nugget set that is not gonna stay like this, i didn't really do the maths on what combinations you can use it in attack with

it's true there's no attack set but if they modify the new caribbean set, at least the 5 item bonus to combine with the nugget bear...it seems pretty decent. haven't done the maths though so i might be completely wrong

nerfing cortina or tower bonuses will tilt the balance a bit to the attack and nerfing union will fix damage problems
can start testing with reducing small values and then reach the real value in a pretty short time...but hey, it's so hard to do

RaiderTr

Let's try all Damager sets on ground vs Tank sets on ground then.
Then we can say if Damager sets "sucks" or Cortina is "OP"

But yea, Cortina is why we somehow can hold the Towers after like 3-4 years(?)
Before that, it still wasn't possible with buffed Towers and less Attackers.

Btw irony with a 2nd Union Sale would be..
Set becoming non-exclusive as everyone and their children would buy it this time :lol:
Even if we ignore the damage it will do.

DeletedUser15368

I don't know how I've mislead anybody, my point is that damagers have plenty of viable sets already, tanks and resisters do not.
Cortina and Union need to be nerfed.

Damage sets:
Union officer (sector damage and attack bonus)
cTY1vBH.png

Captain's set (sector damage and attack bonus)
qWbapbs.png

Samuel Adams' set (sector damage and attack bonus)
ozOC0uE.png

Phoebe A. Mosey's set (attack bonus)
E4RxGxY.png

Joaquin Murrieta's set (sector damage bonus)
pcKm5eR.png

There's a good range of options for both attack and defence in the game already, and most meta sets have powerful sector damage buffs.

Tank sets:
J. Cortina (resistance and defence bonus)
7mHjphK.png

James Wilson's set (resistance, attack and defence bonus)
oh9ttU6.png

Livingston's set (resistance bonus)
WNHDfMD.png

Not too many options available here, only Cortina is actually viable, and they are all very hard to acquire in-game. Cortina is a very strong Defence set, however nothing that is offered for attacks can compete with Cortina's very high Trapping and Defence bonus.

Resistance sets:
Emiliano Zapata's set (resistance bonus)
Yoxk7xp.png

Station manager's set (resistance and defence bonus)
lTX2Q1Z.png

These sets are now useless.

Last edited by a moderator:

Beefmeister

Let's try all Damager sets on ground vs Tank sets on ground then.
Then we can say if Damager sets "sucks" or Cortina is "OP"

But yea, Cortina is why we somehow can hold the Towers after like 3-4 years(?)
Before that, it still wasn't possible with buffed Towers and less Attackers.

Btw irony with a 2nd Union Sale would be..
Set becoming non-exclusive as everyone and their children would buy it this time :lol:
Even if we ignore the damage it will do.

it's not about dueler vs tank on ground, it's about dueler on ground and tank on tower

RaiderTr

Yes, we need Damagers to not miss any hits on mounted Tanks again, because that worked so well in the past.

Beefmeister

Yes, we need Damagers to not miss any hits on mounted Tanks again, because that worked so well in the past.

raider, it's currently not working especially because of that...like it or not, people need to hit in attack
anyone else apart from unioners do not hit anything in attack, soldier, advent, dueler, worker - i see workers with 300 attack that don't hit anything

tell me your side of things instead of contradicting my every single point made

https://prnt.sc/1j230qw
https://prnt.sc/1j22v7c
https://prnt.sc/1j23xzl

keep in mind, i have captain lv3, with nugget weapon and the current "viable" horse set
only one player has better f2p set than me, and his damage is very similar
rest of the players have unupgraded, lv1...they don't come even close most of the time

calling captain viable is a joke

Last edited:

DeletedUser15368

raider, it's currently not working especially because of that...like it or not, people need to hit in attack
anyone else apart from unioners do not hit anything in attack, soldier, advent, dueler, worker - i see workers with 300 attack that don't hit anything

tell me your side of things instead of contradicting my every single point made
Yes, everyone should hit more, but for less damage at very high leadership values.

Beefmeister

Yes, everyone should hit more, but for less damage at very high leadership values.

exactly, and the only solution at the moment is nerfing the 2 sets i mentioned or just revert some of the tower bonuses, because:

if defenses start bailing towers attackers will start mounting...and the tower bonuses are huge in attack

*And more Damage with "mid-range" Hp

that will never happen, get over it

what's worrying me, and why i said you are misleading people, is you demand even more tank sets.............for what, when the problem is not tanks not holding grass