Unfair Dueling

DeletedUser

I say, when the attacker loses, I get all of their money.:bandit:
Seriously, why should I have to travel further, to make less money, just becuase I'm an adventurer instead of a dueller. That's just stupid. :mad:
But a dueller can make a lot of cash off a person who never puts their money in a bank. Why, I duel every now and then, and have been known to make more in an hour than I would all day working jobs. So, I don't see what the problem is to you traveling even further to go duel a duellist. It's what you should be doing anyways.:) If you don't like it, find a faster hoss.:p

DeletedUser

i say, that the system is fine, and everyone should stop whining about it. they did a damn fine job balancing this game out, and there is nothing wrong with the dueling system.

DeletedUser

whats the worst that can happen huh? you lose some money you can make in 4 hours of work? so what. just play the game/

DeletedUser

Whoa Keighlon..........

Whoa Keighlon, time to switch to decaf..........

DeletedUser

And cut out the sugar....
Instead of double posting, why not edit your first post???

DeletedUser

This is going to sound awfully snotty but.....When you get more experience of being in a larger town and seeing how the game really works in practice, the more you appreciate the balance inherent in the system.
I never made a habit of duelling smaller players because you only get 3 duels a day and you want to maximise your xp....therefore i did quite well. These 'bullies' that people come on and complain about are not actually prospering at all by their actions.

This perception that duellers can just attack people at will is a nonsense. There are so many limiting factors on it. If you notice some of the top ranked duellers have no gear now. Basically those who managed to get in the top rank had cheated to do so. Duelling is fun but it is not terribly lucrative, nor does it advance your levels particularly quickly.

DeletedUser

These top ranked duelers ,I take it they are helpless at the mo as they dont even have a weapon !!!

So anyone who feels they have had a rough deal could go gain some good xp at the mo against them

DeletedUser

Well one of them is currently townless but i'd imagine competition to duel someone with that many xp available for zero risk is gonna be pretty strong.

DeletedUser

i dont complain about haveing duels...

i do not complain about using a gun to gain money...

i only say this is not a duel by any definition of the word.

(duel--formal fight over matter of honor: a prearranged combat, especially in former times, between two people with lethal weapons, usually to settle a disagreement over a matter of honor.
The combatants were usually accompanied by seconds or supporters.)

my suggestion was to make it a true duel.

make it a honorable job even heroric.

but to just waylay a person like this is not a duel. i say change the word if they wish to keep it the same.. call you all highway men.. or criminals.

have a catagory for duelist yes.. have it lucritive yes.

i think as i said the duelist should call you out... with no hiding of money in the bank or any other way. even take up to 1/3 of the total town money in the endeavor. but allow the mayor of the town to choose the challenger allow all the town members to watch it.
make it a true sporting event.

it would be super cool with great loss posible for the town and great financial gain for the true duelist. but if you lose you should be jailed for a time and a loss of your money to the challenger.

that is fair.

keep the highway men but allow a wanted poster to be posted for them. if caught they pay a fine or get jail... but they have to be found and duel the sheriff. even the possibility of jail breaks or bank robberies.

i am just against the ideal of a sneaky back shooter calling themselves duelist.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You could just consider it a bad german translation of 'outlaw' or 'bandit'

DeletedUser

Watch many wild-west movies Vencentian?..you're not a bad guy if you duel someone, but you just have to think in that head of yours what lead them to it.

Could be a bar brawl, a bad look, anything that set the other person off to duel you or the other person etc.
Duel has many different ways of being handled.

DeletedUser

again with word play. why does it matter what word is used to describe this particular game option?

KEIGHLON WILL NOW ISSUE A DECREE! ALL MUST FOLLOW AND OBEY.....

FROM THIS POINT FORWARD, DUELING WILL NOW BE REFERED TO AS.... "PANCAKING".

SO IT IS WRITTEN.... SO SHALL IT BE DONE!

there you go vencent.... the next time someone pancakes you, just give them the finger and keep on working.

DeletedUser

Unfair dueling? What is this unfair dueling you speak of? No such thing.

DeletedUser

they are saying they don't like it when people pancake them because they aren't pancakers themselves

DeletedUser

I think there should be a limit to the number of times a person can duel you. 6 times over the past two days is a bit much. Another player in our town was dueled by the same person 4 times today. WHY, he said he needed quick money.

DeletedUser

How many people....

How many people have to join this group and make the same point before the "save a baby dueler" team admits there is a valid point?

Just keep chasing them off with your overwhelming arguments boys.