Undefined quest - praying a million times

penguinescu

Hello!
I'm curious if there are people that really completed the quest undefined from the `Secrets of the west` group. Its requirement is that you pray 350400 times.
I know that if you are a member of a city with a high level of church each prayer will be boosted, but I don't see any city with over 50 prayers for those 15 minutes.
This would mean that it would take about 73 days of full time praying to complete this quest. Are there any shortcuts? Like certain items that would boost the praying level? The time to complete this feels insane. Have any folks completed this?

Al35ul

The level of the church does not matter when you pray...I think it would take around 10 years to complete that quest. But once you complete the whole questline, the respective quest will no longer be accessible.

Caerdwyn

350400 Prayers at 15m each is exactly 10 years, minus two-three days for the Leap Days that pass during that decade, and also assuming you keep your queue full enough that you NEVER go idle. You'll also note that the reward ([item=699000]) for completing that Quest Segment appears to be neither a Usable "buff" nor a slotted piece of gear; it might just sit in your inventory to count toward getting one of every item that exists. I'm at 292/350400. :D

Caerdwyn

Hotfix works fine. I'm all done with the quest, I just kept the quest segment in my tracker so I can know how many more I need. :p

meatbag

Caer, the hotfix works? The one where you equip the fire extinguishing bucket? I equipped it, went to the saloon but Maya did not give me the quest. Am I missing something?

Ranger-Schwartz

this quest completion is a dream of mine since I was thawed out of the ice in late 2019. I will get it done as long as the server survives

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
350400 Prayers at 15m each is exactly 10 years, minus two-three days for the Leap Days that pass during that decade, and also assuming you keep your queue full enough that you NEVER go idle. You'll also note that the reward ([item=699000]) for completing that Quest Segment appears to be neither a Usable "buff" nor a slotted piece of gear; it might just sit in your inventory to count toward getting one of every item that exists. I'm at 292/350400. :D
I can confirm that it is in fact an equipable animal with the promised effect.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
The level of the church does not matter when you pray...I think it would take around 10 years to complete that quest. But once you complete the whole questline, the respective quest will no longer be accessible.
I think it should be clarified that the level of church does not matter for the purposes of quests with a "gone to pray" element.

The level of church (and bonuses from gear) does affect your praying result when you pray. (To what end, I don't know; given some people pray at massive cathedrals and we still can't ascertain an effect I am skeptical that it's one that ultimately matters; I'm still partial to my theory that praying with a magnifying glass equiped might reveal something, but I'm so not vested in that I haven't even tried it once)