U.S. shifting to the left on the polital spectrum?

DeletedUser

Based on what I've seen in the news and read in newspaper articles, should the U.S. be shifting a little to the left of the political spectrum? I mean in a democracy true we the people have the power. But nowadays it seems that the power we have is not being used properly by the majority of the United States population.

I remember reading a newspaper article back last year when the Presidential Election was taking place. It mentioned that majority of voters are too uneducated in making a proper decision on who to vote for. Not being racist but putting it out their as a fact that during last years election most of the of citizens who where not Caucasian tended to vote for Obama versus McCain. Why? Because, Obama was going to the first president who was not from a fully Caucasian background. Most of them did not care about his ideology or political views. They liked him because he was different, he was of a different skin tone. Now you tell me, is that showing intelegence? Don't get me wrong I'm not trying to start another Obama VS. McCain match here, the election took place last year. All I'm saying is should the U.S. make a little shift to the left of the political spectrum? Should we give the government a little more power on deciding who will take role in office next? Since it seems majority of citizens can't make a well educated vote.

Feel free to post your idea's I'm curious to know what you all think.

DeletedUser

I don't understand? Are you saying that America should become more left-wing in it's policies or are you saying Americans are too stupid to deserve the vote? I'm not sure how these 2 views are linked?

DeletedUser

citizens who where not Caucasian tended to vote for Obama versus McCain. Why? Because, Obama was going to the first president who was not from a fully Caucasian background. Most of them did not care about his ideology or political views. They liked him because he was different, he was of a different skin tone. Now you tell me, is that showing intelegence?
That sounds like an opinion, not anything based on facts. It is argued people voted against Obama because he was black and voted for McCain because he was white. It is also argued people voted for Obama because he represented an idea set forth by this nation's Founding Fathers, but hitherto not achieved. This argument is strengthened by the strong battle for the Democratic seat that occurred between Hillary Clinton (a woman) and Obama, and even further strengthened by McCain's choice of a woman for vice-presidential running mate, and even further strengthened by the GOP placing Michael Steele (a black) as Chair.

Votes are not sold on the packaging alone, but on the product being sold. In this case, the product was equality for all. I didn't buy it, nor did I buy the packaging, but instead looked at track records (history) and on the individual presentations. I.e., my gut feelings.

When you're dealing with a nation still struggling with strong cultural, racial, ideological divides, it's reasonable to assume voting decisions are made on more than candidate credentials, something hard to obtain in the first place with all the propaganda being spouted. Indeed, it is possible that right-wing propaganda worked against the Republicans in this last U.S. election, causing people to shut-out the, in most cases unreliable, "information" and instead running on gut-feelings.

DeletedUser

Thanks for sharing your thoughts Hellm.

yes it is ridiculous crap, Lol

DeletedUser

Republicans are making asses of themselves, and Democrats are... donkeys of course... so, we have 2 ass parties. Sounds like one hell of an orgey, don't it?

Personally, I would like to leave America, but, there isn't any place that suits my needs as good as Ol' Gloryland... Know anywhere else that allows you to have Assault Rifles?

DeletedUser

Iraq would :) I actually saw on the BBC the other that Islamist insurgents in Somalia were having quizes and you could win FREE yes FREE mines, assault rifles, grenades and ammo ... FREE!

As for the US, I think moving to the left would be good. Though I would like to see more parties become major players, I am tired of the biparty system in the US.

DeletedUser

Iraq would :) I actually saw on the BBC the other that Islamist insurgents in Somalia were having quizes and you could win FREE yes FREE mines, assault rifles, grenades and ammo ... FREE!

As for the US, I think moving to the left would be good. Though I would like to see more parties become major players, I am tired of the biparty system in the US.

Yes, I totally agree on your point. We need the government to step in and distribute wealth equally to the people of United States. Since it seems majority of citizens can't make a well educated vote for many reasons. One silly division being rich and poor. We are all practicing something disproportional to what is proposed by Mark/Engles. Its makes me sick when some rich Rep. Administration abuse the Constitution or overall distribution of wealth. ;)

DeletedUser

Yes, I totally agree on your point. We need the government to step in and distribute wealth equally to the people of United States. Since it seems majority of citizens can't make a well educated vote for many reasons. One silly division being rich and poor. We are all practicing something disproportional to what is proposed by Mark/Engles. Its makes me sick when some rich Rep. Administration abuse the Constitution or overall distribution of wealth. ;)

Communism is that a way--------->

DeletedUser13113

Its makes me sick when some rich Rep. Administration abuse the Constitution or overall distribution of wealth. ;)

So are you OK when some rich Dem. Administration abuse the Constitution?

DeletedUser

While I'm not even remotely okay with this whole "distribution of wealth" notion (which is actually an out-of-context exploit of something Obama was trying to explain to Joe the moron plumber), I'm also not even remotely okay with the gross polarity of wealth being propagated, especially when it encourages participation in illegal activities. It is my firm opinion, based on research performed in other countries, corporate executives believe business cannot be performed in a completely legal way. Illegal performance is thus viewed as legitimate and ethical (i.e., illegal but ethical). These mentalities trickle throughout the corporate world, stateside and overseas and I, frankly, don't see an easy fix. But, I do believe there can be efforts made to immunize the political process from corporate misbehaviors and, hopefully, we can discuss that specifically.