U.S. Politics - Tea Party & Congress hit record lows

DeletedUser

In a latest series of U.S. polls <click here>, both the Tea Party and Congress have hit just about rock-bottom, with a 40% and 82% disapproval rating, respectively, the Tea Party's approval is now less than 20%. In contrast, Obama's polls has remained relatively consistent over the past 2+ years (on or about 50% approval rating).

So, what's your personal feelings on this? What's this international community's poll looking like?

DeletedUser

I'd like to think after the next set of elections all the tea party representatives in congress will
wiped out.But unfortunately most of them are from 'safe' areas and until the economy is
fixed tea party will be pretty popular among a certain group of intelligent Americans.:(

Hunterss

Aren't the Tea party comprised of a group of folks that differ from both democartes and republicans? I believe Obama is go action person and he is the only chance to US people to "test" this new idea. The rest of the republicans are all about ego and bickering instead of trying to resolve issue at hand.

I pretty sad myself with the turnouts. I know it's is dead end but the congressman has the power to VATO all their BS. What is he waiting for?

DeletedUser

You've got it inverted Hunterss. The tea party is basically a popularist front created to advance the Republican party's ideals. Some non-republicans were involved at the beginning, granted, but then the quasi-party took a radically conservative stance on just about everything. And the people who led the movement were media personalities and the like (ie. MORE about ego and bickering than the average Republican).

Agree with you on Obama, though. His administration's far from perfect, he's probably the most sane person left in the government now.

DeletedUser

Most sane person left? Geese the man spends his time laying blame and walking out in a huff. Then he pulls out magic plans that seem to have only the effects that are opposite of what he says they'll have. He's no better than the rest.

I found some more interesting tidbits from the same survey, 45% were frustrated about the outcome of debt ceiling negotiations. 44% thought the spending cuts were not extensive enough, there was a 49%/48% split over whether or not Obama showed strong leadership capabilities, 60% thought Democrats compromised too much or too little.

Oh, and how cute as usual I found the amusing "variety" of people surveyed. 24 Republicans, 32 Democrats, 39 Independents, and 4 were not sure. To me that means they asked 24 Republicans and 71 Democrats since they are to me what the Teaparty movement is to you. (I believe the teapartiers though) In addition they could be divided up as 22 liberals, 43 moderates, 32 conservatives, and 2 didn't know. Quick note on American politics, moderate is a wild card of an adjective (politically) that should not be regarded as truly meaning "moderate".

By the way the Tea-Party "Republican puppets" were not too happy with the debt ceiling and as a result we have this http://noisyroom.net/blog/2011/08/02/boehner-should-be-a-goner/ (from a tea party blog), http://trevorloudon.com/2011/08/how-the-debt-ceiling-deal-endangers-national-security/ (another one), and here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bw10euwJY3g&feature=player_embedded, you can listen to one of the Teaparty's favorites Allen West explaining how he's taking flak for voting with the Boehner plan. There you have it, puppets? Yeah sure stay in your little pipe world pal.

DeletedUser

well gee, that's what happens when you have to compromise two completely opposite sides.....surprise surprise......

DeletedUser

You don't need two polar opposites or just two sides for compromise, you just need a group of people who claim to differ smile and approve something together. Heh heh compromise... Well, it does serve its purpose, if it were not for the 3/5s compromise we'd never have had a United Nation from the start and there would have always been a Confederacy. Instead slavery is dead now and believe it or not it all started because of a compromise concerning 3/5s.

DeletedUser

they didn't wait 'til the last moment to compromise, though.

DeletedUser

Aren't the Tea party comprised of a group of folks that differ from both democartes and republicans?
The Tea Party is presently a wing of the Republican party. More apt to call it a wingbat of the Republican party.

Most sane person left? Geese the man spends his time laying blame and walking out in a huff. Then he pulls out magic plans that seem to have only the effects that are opposite of what he says they'll have.
Please present evidence to support your claims.

DeletedUser529

Fire them all and elect the kiddies in the London riot, they could probably do much better than this gang of thugs in WASHINGTON.....:p

DeletedUser

Eh, they'd average out. They would be too busy stealing to horrify us with legislative gridlock. But too dumb if a big issue hit them and they might have to consider yay or nay.

DeletedUser

actually, i think they'd do better. all they'd need would be some lawyers to come up with the fancy wording.

DeletedUser529

I Canada the politicians give themselves a 4-1 ratios for their pensions...So work 2 term of 4 years each and you can effectively retire with 32 years of entitlement.....8 years of work with would take the normal person a whole lifetime.

With all the perks, pensions, parties, etc....the life of a politician in Canada is huge. They get a nice wage, great benefits and huge payout when they retire. I am sure the same system exists in the USA as well as other countries. The pension obligations of all the living and current politicians in CANADA is enormous burden on our citizens and nothing is being done about it....

Politicians do not manage our government very effectively, mis-manage our funds and in general are very poor leaders of our country. Their should be ZERO debt, but instead the current generation of politicians have spent the future of all of us....WARS, financial mis-management, health care fiasco, drug policies have all doom this system, I cant wait until it is GONE.....

Now where it that DYLAN Mini-Gun....lmao

DeletedUser

Who did they poll, the Senate???

The thing about polls is that they are so dependent on environment in which they were asked. Also, the media bias in this country is insane. If you listen to the national media you hear the same talking points again and again (i.e. Tea Party Downgrade, Uncompromising, etc...). This is not journalism, this is propaganda. The truth is that the establishment (Dem and Rep) are scared, in the same way they were with Ross Perot and they are working together to degrade the people who are shaking up their cozy little arrangement. The president and these congress members of do or say one thing, have it documented and broadcast to the country, then they say they didn't do it and the press does not challenge them.

People need to be very careful who they listen to and research things themselves. The problem is that takes time and it is not a lot of fun. A prime example is the kind of play the Tea Party got before the last election. They were portrayed as racist and nut cases. But also as insignificant and not viable. Well, that propaganda did not work. It only fooled the people who want to be fooled.

Don't be fooled by what people say, always look at what they do. If someone lies to you once they will do it again. Liars and thieves are too expensive to have in your life, they consume your time following behind them so that they do not consume your resources when you are not looking. Do not have them in your life unless you have the time and do not have them represent you unless that is how you want people to see you.

That being said...

The tea party ran on the ideal of getting the debt under control and reforming the tax system. That is what they have been trying to do. They are doing what they said they would do, can you say the same for the others?

Just saying...

Fair winds.

DeletedUser

A prime example is the kind of play the Tea Party got before the last election. They were portrayed as racist and nut cases. But also as insignificant and not viable. Well, that propaganda did not work. It only fooled the people who want to be fooled.

Don't be fooled by what people say, always look at what they do.
Umm, do you really want me to provide all the photos, videos, and quotes that quite clearly show the Tea Party movement is, in fact, comprised of racists and nut cases? Or would you prefer to retract that last erroneous statement?

The tea party ran on the ideal of getting the debt under control and reforming the tax system. That is what they have been trying to do. They are doing what they said they would do, can you say the same for the others?
Please provide five examples of Tea Party members getting the debt under control and reforming the tax system. Hmm, please present two bills created by the Tea Party caucus that legitimately addresses these two issues.

I already looked. Of the 60 Tea Party caucus members in the House, not one authored even a single bill to address either of these issues you claim they stand for.

Just saying...

Lotsa wind.