Website TW-DB.info - English support

DeletedUser38611

I signed up and created account on 2/1/17. However I can't seem to import the script or verify my email. Is the site still having issues or under construction?

Laural

Wow, Kate503, I think you have your answer...no one seems to even read here in awhile. The site seems to be working for my characters (been members there a long time) but none of the new quests show up there. I think the webmaster may be real life inundated. :)

DeletedUser22685

You will all be upset when the Market map stops working, like it has done in the Beta, due to some changes that Inno has made
I can't really pick up on the tone of this post, but I hope you're not blaming Inno for making changes to their game. TW-DB has given countless players a better experience while playing The West over the years, but if the admins have become too busy in real life to maintain the website or moved onto other projects, there's nothing that we can do unless somebody else steps up to replace the features of TW-DB that may break with each update.

asdf124

The title of this forum is 'External Sites Discussion', I'd say this is the perfect forum for discussing it
No, cause Ice is complaining about beta problems.

Shteff usually tries to contact petee multiple times in order to coordinate with tw-db....

I agree with futu and add that peeps shouldn't blame a book by looking at its cover. In other words you should see all factors before becoming judgmental. So that you don't become prejudice against someone.

Pankreas PorFavor

No, cause Ice is complaining about beta problems.

Is he? He's saying that market map feature of tw-db doesn't work after the updates in beta (if I understood correctly).
Is it a problem of the beta world, or the script? In both cases, why wouldn't we discuss it, and be aware of the potential problem once the update reaches .net? Other people, including you, post about other updates in beta, why not about this?

DeletedUser34084

Shteff usually tries to contact petee multiple times in order to coordinate with tw-db....
Tried*. He sadly gave up on this as he can't get in contact with Petee anymore. I actually tried to get "behind the scenes" with the project and attempt to continue maintaining it, but there has been a lack of communication between myself and Petee and I just gave up :p.
Also let's not blame InnoGames for "breaking" a script feature, shall we? It's not their responsibility to make sure that every userscript will be functional 100% of the time.
Sadly, tw-db is slowly dying and we'll soon have to make use of (hopefully) new fan-made projects that achieve the same thing TW-DB once did.
Oh and fair warning, if you guys continue fighting in this topic I'll just lock it until Petee will ask me to do otherwise.

Is he? He's saying that market map feature of tw-db doesn't work after the updates in beta (if I understood correctly).
Is it a problem of the beta world, or the script? In both cases, why wouldn't we discuss it, and be aware of the potential problem once the update reaches .net? Other people, including you, post about other updates in beta, why not about this?
He's not, but he's blaming our devs for something that doesn't cover their responsibility, which is also stupid.

Pankreas PorFavor

He's not, but he's blaming our devs for something that doesn't cover their responsibility, which is also stupid.

Maybe I missed this post. I only saw the one where he mentions that the market map feature doesn't work. Of course, Inno is not responsible for fan-made scripts.
There are two ways how this can be said - "unfortunately, the script doesn't work, I hope someone finds time to make necessary adjustments" or "stupid Inno, stupid tw-db, why doesn't this work!?!?!!"
I am not in favor of the second one :D

DeletedUser34084

Maybe I missed this post. I only saw the one where he mentions that the market map feature doesn't work. Of course, Inno is not responsible for fan-made scripts.
There are two ways how this can be said - "unfortunately, the script doesn't work, I hope someone finds time to make necessary adjustments" or "stupid Inno, stupid tw-db, why doesn't this work!?!?!!"
I am not in favor of the second one :D
If you keep reading his original post you'll see "due to some changes that inno has made", obviously said that their changes caused the script no longer work, therefore blaming them :p
Seriously tho', this is getting off topic, try to get back on track.

Snr Sarg

"due to some changes that inno has made", obviously said that their changes caused the script no longer work, therefore blaming them :p
Seriously tho', this is getting off topic, try to get back on track.

Sorry, but the comment merely stated the reason for the script no longer working, there is no mention of blame being apportioned, that is just your interpretation

DeletedUser34084

Sorry, but the comment merely stated the reason for the script no longer working, there is no mention of blame being apportioned, that is just your interpretation
Probably, yeah. The comment could've been avoided anyway since the reason why it doesn't work anymore is pretty obvious.

DeletedUser37191

Tom, sorry to bother you, but did you also take a look in the FF ranking system? Last update Inno added a new rank class, and that broke the TW-DB "recruiting screen" (Generals appear as undefined, Captains as generals...)
example image:
3446cf90a83041058192989cd9ec3704.png

HelenBack

Thanks Petee, Tom and xShteff! :D

We all appreciate your support in making TW-DB and ClothCalc work for us... Even if we don't always know how to say "it's broken! make better!" in a nice and constructive way. Probably didn't mean to blame anyone... just trying to ask for help. I'm sure even those who don't say it eloquently appreciate you too. :)

Everyone has their own RL stuff to deal with... Minutes are precious... Thank you for all you do. :cool:

DeletedUser37191

Thanks Petee, Tom and xShteff! :D

We all appreciate your support in making TW-DB and ClothCalc work for us... Even if we don't always know how to say "it's broken! make better!" in a nice and constructive way. Probably didn't mean to blame anyone... just trying to ask for help. I'm sure even those who don't say it eloquently appreciate you too. :)

Everyone has their own RL stuff to deal with... Minutes are precious... Thank you for all you do. :cool:

She's right, sorry, maybe I should have thanked you all more :D