Website TW-DB.info - English support

DeletedUser34295

So, when you do quests, I find it really unclear whether an item will be taken or not. Some quests have inventory/equip requirements where the items aren't taken when finishing the quest, whilst other have inventory/equip requirements where the items in question are taken.

Is there any way you could add a little marker in the quest pages for whether the item will be lost or not when finishing the quests? That'd be awesome! :)

DeletedUser36559

When I try to equip the best clothing for HP, upgraded outlaw items don't actually equip and I have to do it manually, could someone look into this?

Abydos1

Quest book bug

Quest book bug.jpg

I click on the tw.db info updater and this window pops up saying that it couldn't collect my completed quests on the quest book...Is anybody experiencing this too?

DeletedUser34295

Is your quest book broken in the game, if you click it? If so it's a report that should go to mods, otherwise it should go here indeed.

DeletedUser16928

Please let me know what reply you get. I received an email quoting some mod (I don't even know from which language version) saying that it is a TW-DB bug. But from the debugging I did with some people, it really looks like it has nothing to do with TW-DB or ClothCalc, it's just some game bug that affects a minority of players on some worlds.

Slygoxx

It is indeed a game bug that affects players with a large number of completed quests, the developers are working on a fix for it :)

Abydos1

Completed Quests Bug

Please let me know what reply you get. I received an email quoting some mod (I don't even know from which language version) saying that it is a TW-DB bug. But from the debugging I did with some people, it really looks like it has nothing to do with TW-DB or ClothCalc, it's just some game bug that affects a minority of players on some worlds.

Alright well I don't get that glitch anymore but now on tw-db a bunch of quests that I already completed are showing up as unfinished which is really annoying because I can't keep track of the quests I still have to do so easily anymore...is this because they are still trying to fix the completed quests thing?

DeletedUser16928

Oh, this is just too much.

Our script currently collects all the quests returned by the list displayed in the Completed tab of the Quest book, or rather by the underlying server request. All of them, I verified it works well. I am now affected by this bug too, so I took the courtesy of counting the amount of quests returned by the game server. It was 1000. Whoa, what a nice number, right? Then I counted the amount of quests imported by two players affected by the issue (one of them you, Abydos). 1000 in both cases. Quite a coincidence now. So then I actually counted the imported quests for every character imported today and took the courtesy of creating a scatter plot:

[SPOIL]
5831c627515c4266b8e40680f70c26e3.png
[/SPOIL]
Notice the tiny bump of the character count near 1000 completed quests? That's more than 50% of imported characters. 50% of characters have exactly 1000 completed quests? Yeah, right.

So apparently, instead of actually fixing the bug that caused a server error for players with huge amounts of completed quests, InnoGames programmers simply limited the amount of displayed quests to 1000 to sweep the actual bug under the carpet. I know laziness is the driving force of every good programmer (including myself, I dare to say), but this lazy? Common, InnoGames, you can buy better programmers than that.

There are also some players who have more than 1000 quests displayed in the quest book. This could either be because this "fix" may not yet be deployed everywhere, or maybe it doesn't apply to all players for some reason. In case this is just a quick fix to make the quest book partially work while fixing the underlying issue, I still think it is a very poor decision (as this limit made the feature useless for even more players than affected by the original issue).

Fun fact... or guess, rather: Due to another careless bug recently introduced to public beta, I found their coders really like the number 1000. Apparently, you can only do a repeatable quest a thousand times, then it just disappears. Yes, I actually did a repeatable quest 1000 times to find out.

// Just to be clear, this game bug is the sole reason why TW-DB currently displays some of your quests as not completed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abydos1

Haha, oh well I guess we will just have to live with that limit for now...I'm sure they still have 1000 more things to add even though they still have 1000 things to fix! :D

DeletedUser35120

Haha, oh well I guess we will just have to live with that limit for now...I'm sure they still have 1000 more things to add even though they still have 1000 things to fix! :D

1000 more things. You mean 1000 more sets? :no:

DeletedUser

More like concentrating 99.99% of their efforts into things like, oh I don't know...Grepolis, Tribal Wars, Forge Of Empires etc, while a meagre 0.01% of their efforts are devoted to The West. :hmf:

Bad Billy Jack

Clothcalc does not use the new Dia de los Muertos sets. Not a real problem with jobs, cuz the regular game work gear does.

The real problem is with the custom skills gear on cloth calc. No workaround for that.

DeletedUser

ClothCalc also hasn't been fixed yet apparently. My mates are stills saying that it is bring up the wrong clothes for their jobs and they have to use the normal in-game clothing-spec's to get the highest job points.

DeletedUser

Sorry to double-post, but I have a problem with TW-DB.
Some of my quests which are complete and were listed as complete are now being listed as incomplete as if I never did them.
As the whole reason that I continually restarted every time I made the slightest irreversible mistake was so that I could see green ticks all the way down the page, (yes I really am that anal), this is ever so disconcerting for me.
Is there any chance that you can look into this and fix it please? I'd be soooo grateful. :)
Thanks in advance...J :)

DeletedUser16928

As for quest appearing not completed: https://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?p=747220#post747220

As for new sets: I will do it today, as usually it didn't even occur to me since the event started. :D

As for ClothCalc having some issues with precision: I'm aware of some little issues (i.e. the actual best equip is just a bit worse than that provided by ClothCalc) and fixing it is quite high on my TODO list. Wish I had more time.

DeletedUser

Oops. Sorry. Did read that post and forgot. :ph34r:
Thanks for the quick reply Petee. I wonder if they will actually fix this issue then? If I see a red cross when I know it's complete, it's going to get under my skin. :laugh:

Post-edit: Just had confirmation that they are working on a permanent fix for the Quest Book...Time-frame: Who knows?...Let's hope it is sooner rather than later though. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6752

It also appears that Construction has disappeared from the dropdown jobs list for ClothCalc. Sorry if that's already been reported, but I didn't see it above.

DeletedUser

Nope. Construction is still there. Have you got it on alphabetical? If so Construction is underneath 'Construct Manor-House'