Website TW-DB.info - English support

DeletedUser34295

Found something strange today whilst doing newbie quests on my new character. Point calculation for Felling Trees was way, way off in the calculator. Here's the deal:

Here I'm wearing what the in-game clothing window showed me, and I'm bringing in 79 points when hovering over the bar in work window, 27 according to the stat calculator (not sure why those are always different from each other).

The_West_Error_1.png

Here I'm instead wearing what the cloth calculator recommends for me, and I now bring in 72 points, or 20 according to the calculator - which clearly is less than the above.

The_West_Error_2.png

Not sure where it goes wrong though, is it the Greenhorn Set bonus messing with things perhaps? Also in both cases the stat calculator tells me I should be able to reach 60 points, which I'm clearly not getting even close to.

DeletedUser

There seems to be a glitch in the Cloth-Calc regarding 'Drilling For Oil'.
The clothes it comes up with - as in the post above - come nowhere NEAR the maximum that it is supposed to give. Yet ironically, the in-game calculator built into The West DOES come up with the best gear for the job.
Might need looking into.
Thanks. :)

DeletedUser36559

When I select the max health it won't select my upgraded outlaw items. Can you look upon this?

DeletedUser36255

It's been a long, long time since I posted, but I am having a problem.
I just restarted and I am trying to update my clothcalc, but it won't load, it just keeps spinning. It worked 5 minutes ago, then I bought some stuff, loaded it into twdb and now it won't work.
Can anyone help me with this please?
Thank you.

DeletedUser37191

Weird, I had some problem for a couple of minutes yesterday (clothcalc wouldn't refresh in the game, log in area in tw-db.info wouldn't appear), but it was fixed very quickly.
Maybe it's related? Is your problem still happening?

DeletedUser16928

Yes, yesterday I botched something up while doing some maintenance. I fixed it within a few minutes. I even got an email notifying me of your post, Pnevma, but when I looked at the forums after fixing it, it was already gone. :)

Sun-Tzu, is there any error report by ClothCalc? It should log most errors to a notification that should appear near the Saloon icon. If not, please open the JavaScript console, reload the game, try to run ClothCalc again until something buggy happens and then please send me all the stuff that appeared in the console via PM.

DeletedUser36255

Sun-Tzu, is there any error report by ClothCalc? It should log most errors to a notification that should appear near the Saloon icon. If not, please open the JavaScript console, reload the game, try to run ClothCalc again until something buggy happens and then please send me all the stuff that appeared in the console via PM.
It has happened a number of times when I have restarted. It seems to be linked to my inventory.
My friend sold me some excess items that he had so that I had some speed when I first started. I can't pinpoint the problem but it does always happen shortly after I restart and I gain items that grant speed. When I click on the little icon to the right, the window opens, but it will not stop spinning and it won't let me do anything. It's as if it's constantly trying to load, but can't quite finish.
The problem always seems to go away when I gain even MORE items. It is weird.
If it ever happens again, I will send you a screenshot. I didn't even think of taking one this time. Sorry mate.
Thanks for the reply though.

DeletedUser

Any word on the bug where the Cloth-Calc doesn't give the best clothes for some jobs - like Drilling Oil?

DeletedUser16928

Any word on the bug where the Cloth-Calc doesn't give the best clothes for some jobs - like Drilling Oil?
Sorry for the delay, but debugging this kind of stuff can be quite time consuming and that's not a phrase I like to hear lately. :)

It has to be something specific to your gear (for my character, the clothes calculated by ClothCalc are a little better than those calculated by the game). Please start by getting new data from TW-DB (the green check mark), as I have recently updated TW-DB to include items from Octoberfest.

If that doesn't help, please give me a list of clothes given by ClothCalc and the ingame calc. Preferably IDs, and even better with their bonuses listed if you have time to put that all together.

DeletedUser35120

Hey Petee,

Yesterday I added a custom skill to my clothcalc script.. and since then the red cross doesn't turn into a green tick no matter how many times I update it..

http://prntscr.com/8k99d0 ..this is the one I added to my custom skills. I cleared cache to check if there's some weird cache error, but that didn't solve it.

DeletedUser

Sorry for the delay, but debugging this kind of stuff can be quite time consuming and that's not a phrase I like to hear lately. :)

It has to be something specific to your gear (for my character, the clothes calculated by ClothCalc are a little better than those calculated by the game). Please start by getting new data from TW-DB (the green check mark), as I have recently updated TW-DB to include items from Octoberfest.

If that doesn't help, please give me a list of clothes given by ClothCalc and the ingame calc. Preferably IDs, and even better with their bonuses listed if you have time to put that all together.
I have so much gear in my inventory, that I think it stopped doing it a long time ago, (First screenshot is mine), but I have been following the screenshots my mate sent to me. (The rest are his...)
Here they are...these were just sent to me.

luyGYh3.jpg

That one is mine.
Now here are his. The ClothCalc gives him the wrong gear and he ends up in negative. The in-game calculator gives him better gear and takes him to positive.

a2JG45P.jpg

As you can see, with that set-up, he is negative 16.

tUyroUs.jpg

Now as you can see, with the in-game calculator, different clothes are offered.
And when he puts them on...

Xiqvl6W.jpg

With the in-game calculator, he now has positive LPs.

I hope that helps. I think it may have done the same with me when I first restarted. The ClothCalc seems to have a problem with lower-level players. Sun-Tzu told me about his problem with the constant loading. That happened to me too and stopped as soon as I bought some extra gear.
It looks like if your inventory isn't fully-stocked, it kind of freaks out a little.
(As you can tell, I'm not exactly tech-savvy. :D)
wjqPAaT

DeletedUser35120

Hey Petee,

Yesterday I added a custom skill to my clothcalc script.. and since then the red cross doesn't turn into a green tick no matter how many times I update it..

http://prntscr.com/8k99d0 ..this is the one I added to my custom skills. I cleared cache to check if there's some weird cache error, but that didn't solve it.

Figured out what the problem is, actually. It's the problem with the apostrophe in the naming Max AP's. I removed that and the problem was solved. Not very important.. but can you fix that error Petee?, just for pure perfection ya know. :p

DeletedUser37709

On the site, even tho my language is set as English (See top-left of Screenshot) the notes are shown in... Err, I don't recognize the language :p
3hUZIX3.png

How do I fix it?

DeletedUser35120

Yea, can confirm that. It must be a bug. All 3 notes' descriptions are in some other language.

DeletedUser16928

Oh, common, guys, it's German. :D

Hmm, I probably did the last translation update from Public Beta. German original texts sometimes slip there by mistake. I will redo the translation import using .net servers when I get home, thanks for reporting.

Oh, by the way, since I'm already writing a post... Recently I found out our emails were getting rejected by Google's servers for quite some time, which meant our email activation, password recovery and support system were pretty much down. I fixed it a few days ago (switched to Mailgun), so if you lost your password, never could activate your account's email address or have a unanswered support request (I'm short on time and almost all alone for TW-DB, so please use responsibly), please try it again.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser35120

Yeah, was wondering what's up with that.. thought it was some problem with my email, heh. Coincidentally, I tried today again after a very long time, it worked. Thanks for fixing that. :)

DeletedUser34295

I get an error message from TW-DB everytime I open the quest givers at Holy Rock, it says:

1Radialmenu.open :1619:311Map.Radialmenu.positions[k] is undefined
0Radialmenu.open :1619:311Map.Radialmenu.positions[k] is undefined

DeletedUser35120

It's a tw-db database problem.. they haven't updated it with the new quest and it's location probably.

DeletedUser34295

Oh, of course that'd be it. Didn't even think of what I was opening at the time of error, lol :p

DeletedUser

I've been getting errors a number of times lately. Not sure where as I just ignored them. Maybe they were related to new-ish quests. :)