Website TW-DB.info - English support

DeletedUser22685

ClothCalc should only automatically request data when a new version (not revision) was released (to resolve conflicts with possible new data formats), like yesterday. Indeed, the last update didn't really require flushing the data cache, but don't worry, after I release the new engine today evening, there will be no server overload anymore ;-).

On the other hand, under normal circumstances, ClothCalc should be able to handle that new pair of black cotton shoes without requesting new data. So if that's really broken, please confirm and we will look into it.

Right, I've probably never noticed the fact that ClothCalc automatically updates data after each update. Must have been lucky that I haven't encountered the overload error in these cases before today. My bad :)

The black cotton shoes were just a random item I used as an example (found them in an iron chest today and thought of them first). I know the calculator doesn't need an update when you find a duplicate of an item you already own.

DeletedUser

I know the calculator doesn't need an update when you find a duplicate of an item you already own.
not that simple, it actually calculates (in browser) if new items are potentionally useful and require update only if they are ;) (so, not just duplicates :))

DeletedUser16928

Could you make it so that, on the jobs page, when you click on the name of a job, a list of all the other jobs found at the same location drops down.
I think it might just be better to display a list of pictures of all job groups and let the player filter by those by clicking there... Clicking on the job name doesn't seem very logical to me.
I will certainly add that feature eventually :), please remind me about it in a month or two if it still wasn't added.
not that simple, it actually calculates (in browser) if new items are potentionally useful and require update only if they are ;) (so, not just duplicates :))
Indeed. It's not a 100% proof and sometimes even a useless items still could trigger the calculation, but hopefully it does reduce the amount of calculations by something. It definitely should work with those black cotton shoes :D.

I'm fixing the last bugs in the engine right now, it should be released no later than this midnight. :) Make sure you have the yesterday's ClothCalc update installed, as the new engine isn't compatible with the old version.

DeletedUser16928

New TW-DB Calculator engine

Half an hour ago I have enabled the new calculator engine I have been working on for the last few days.

Q: What features does that affect?
A: This is the server component both ClothCalc and our website calculator use to do the actual calcuations.

Q: How do I start using it?
A: No action is required to start using the new engine, but make sure your ClothCalc is updated to the newest version, as you will have compatibility issues otherwise.

Q: What is new?
  • breathtaking speed - calculations for ClothCalc that used to take up to 10 seconds server processing time should now take no more than 1/10 of a second (plus network overhead) - for all 159 jobs and 10+ custom activites!
  • much less load on our server - tired of the "too much load" message in ClothCalc? You should never see that again!
  • more precise calculation - some bugs may have caused small imperfections in the best clothing calculated by the old engine, that shouldn't be the case anymore
  • fixed bugs - for example the difference between maximal LP shown by ClothCalc and the real value is taken care of
  • ready for negative valuation support - ever wanted to find clothing for maximizing one skill while minimizing another? Coming soon! (suggested by Diggo)

Q: If it's so fast, is it still precise?
A: Yes! The equipment calculated for jobs and some custom activities should be the best possible in maximizing labor points. Some custom activities are by their nature very difficult to calculate the best equipment for (see the note at the bottom) and were not 100% precise even in the old calculator engine. However with the added speed of the engine, I have employed some techniques in the speed calculation to ensure the results should be nearly perfect. If you found a better combination for speed than our calculator, please let me know!

Q: How did we achieve such speed?!
A: I combined some even more clever algorithms and programming techniques with the performance of native code - our old engine used slow PHP and MySQL, the ingame calculator uses somewhat faster JavaScript, but the new engine is build as a C++ compiled extension for PHP.

A note for custom activities - activities like speed, duels, fort battles and regeneration have some bonuses that are not additive (using the equipment that has those bonuses doesn't give constant boost to the final valuation). Speed and regeneration use multiplicative bonuses (like +15% speed), fort battles use power functions in the formulas and the formulas for duels are unknown anyway. Our calculator engine can only calculate optimal additive bonuses and it is difficult to maximize other than additive bonuses effectively.

Last edited by a moderator:

Snr Sarg

Fantastic update Petee, much appreciated, but I have found one problem.

The calculations for best speed gear appear to be flawed. On El Dorado, my gear suggested by the previous incarnation gives me a speed of 552%, the gear suggested by the new incarnation only gives me 530% including a bizarre selection of left hand weapon of a Precise Coach Gun!

DeletedUser16928

Thank you very much for the bug report, it seems this was a pretty important thing - set items with no bonus of themselves were not included in the calculation. Due to that bug, the Tequila you had in your inventory was never considered and couldn't be used to increase the bonus of the Mexican's set. It is now fixed and the best equipment should have 552% again.

As for the Precise Coach Gun, there is actually nothing weird about that. No other gun you have gives any bonus towards speed, so the one with most other bonuses was selected - in the case of a gun, it's pretty much the greatest damage.

DeletedUser36279

since today chrome only allows extensions from the webstore, any way to get around this as the clothcalc doesnt work for me anymore

DeletedUser36279

awesome that worked :) thanks

EDIT: well spoke too soon :( after a restart it doesnt work anymore and i can't seem to enable it either

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Having a problem with the custom skills in the cloth calc.
Tried adding a gear set & it was added to the list but when i clicked on it nothing showed. Infact, nothing showed for anything on the list, & now when i click on “select job here” i get 4 choices;

[undefined]
forEach [undefined]
[undefined]
[undefined]

I do see the list when i click on settings though.
Am not very good with techy thingies, but have deleted & reinstalled using the copy, paste & add javascript manually method but no change. Don't know what else to try.

DeletedUser16928

Thanks for the bug report. Could you please also give us the name and code of the new custom activity you were trying to add? It should be available in the custom activity settings.

As for the reports on Google and TamperMonkey, I'm afraid I can't reproduce any problems with them (my Chrome is up to date). I'll definitely try to look into it more deeply once I have a bit more time.

DeletedUser

Actually there were three, but i'm not sure when the problem occurred, after the first one or later.

Is this what you wanted?

`";duel";
{"type":"duel","para":{"11":52,"12":100,"15":100,"16":100,"24":49,"id":1}}

duel
{"type":"duel","para":{"9":96,"12":94,"15":97,"16":96,"24":97,"id":1}}

def
{"type":"duel","para":{"7":68,"11":56,"12":100,"15":100,"16":100,"21":100,"id":2}}

DeletedUser16928

Yes. It's because of " in the name of the first activity. Apparently there are two bugs actually - (1) the calculator backend refuses to calculate all custom activities if one of them has " in its name and (2) when the list of calculated activities is empty, ClothCalc creates the list out of some internal array object properties instead of showing it empty. As soon as I have time, I'll try to fix both, in the meantime, just delete the ". Again, thanks for the report.

DeletedUser

I just knew it. I broke it. :laugh:
Won't be using " any more, promise. :)

Thanks for the quick response & sorry to make work for you.

Reyne

Since Google decided to screw us up on our scripts, I switched to Firefox. I've added the scripts for Cloth Calc and a few others I used on the West. The Cloth Calc is an older version that doesn't recognize the newer tombola set items, and when I click on the update link, it just doesn't load the page.

I can't even load the tw-db.info page. It's all white page with the eternal spinning circle.

Ripwise

Since Google decided to screw us up on our scripts, I switched to Firefox. I've added the scripts for Cloth Calc and a few others I used on the West. The Cloth Calc is an older version that doesn't recognize the newer tombola set items, and when I click on the update link, it just doesn't load the page.

I can't even load the tw-db.info page. It's all white page with the eternal spinning circle.

Install tampermonkey, delete the script from browser and install it all new. That should do the trick.