Website TW-DB.info - English support

DeletedUser

Most of the problems of Firefox (and chrome) is with the new version they are launching every month.
Most of the times, the outside scripts are blocked and deactivated on the updates or some features get bugged.
Java is getting bashed by firefox and getting more and problems with the new version. So greasemonkey is getting some pounds too. Chrome is following this move...

When somebody sees that the script is failing, check if there is an upgrade for greasemonkey and or remove the scripts and install them again.

I gave up on firefox and chrome due to there massive amount of updates per week.
Using opera with violent monkey and the only problem i got was with the opera 20 that messed up with java functions and blocked the monkey from working. But removing the old one and installing it again solved the problem.

DeletedUser

FYI, the scripts are based on Javascript not on Java, but that's just a little detail :D

DeletedUser16928

I would like to apologize for TW-DB being down for some time already, and it being down even further. Upgrading our database server installation caused some pretty bad issues on the server, I'm trying to fix it, but I'm not sure how things will go...
// The new database server is up and running, ClothCalc will be re-enabled soon as well. I hope no other errors will arise and apologize for the inconvenience.
// Actually there are errors and I need to dig into it once more. :(
// Website running again, but emails are not working - no forgotten password/activation and no support

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser36193

I have a question. Is it hard to include the base bonuses of some sets particularly the new easter sets?? It's too bad we can only see the wage, luck, etc. bonuses and we can't even see the bonus given by the individual items.

DeletedUser

Duels and Custom skills don't seem to work.

When I click "Calculate" for Duels I get:

TypeError: myCalc.Inv._aktive[t].join is not a function calculator.js:325

DeletedUser

It's Easter today (and in some places, soon, in others, yesterday). I'm not saying here that anyone is giving the tw-db team any grief, but's let all give them a whole lot of room and time during this break to get a break themselves. Fix the website whenever, guys (and gals?). We appreciate what you do!

Let's wish everyone a Happy Easter and let's wish it especially for Petee and the whole team from tw-db for volunteering their time on an excellent website.

And if you don't celebrate Easter, then heck, just with the tw-db good luck!

DeletedUser16928

I have a question. Is it hard to include the base bonuses of some sets particularly the new easter sets?? It's too bad we can only see the wage, luck, etc. bonuses and we can't even see the bonus given by the individual items.
It is my first priority after fixing the rest of bugs created by the Friday nightmare - switching to a new database version that got terribly wrong. The database upgrade itself was done mainly to allow those bonuses to be included more effectively and drop some of our load. Unfortunately the upgrade encountered some problems and even though I ultimately got it running, the new database is even slower for some reason and some features are not working. :(
Duels and Custom skills don't seem to work.

When I click "Calculate" for Duels I get:

TypeError: myCalc.Inv._aktive[t].join is not a function calculator.js:325
Thank you for pointing it out with a very good bug report, I was able to fix the issue in no time.
It's Easter today (and in some places, soon, in others, yesterday). I'm not saying here that anyone is giving the tw-db team any grief, but's let all give them a whole lot of room and time during this break to get a break themselves. Fix the website whenever, guys (and gals?). We appreciate what you do!

Let's wish everyone a Happy Easter and let's wish it especially for Petee and the whole team from tw-db for volunteering their time on an excellent website.

And if you don't celebrate Easter, then heck, just with the tw-db good luck!
Thank you very much for your kind words. :) Indeed, I myself don't celebrate Easter, but I will need all the luck you can wish me to get through these rough times (mainly because I'm finishing my bachelor's study and have lots of personal stuff going on). And to answer the question, there are currently guys only in the core team. :D

DeletedUser16928

Hmm, it appears our calculator is now officially superior to the built in one.

Since there is so many sets now, the JavaScript built in calculator has to use approximations to deliver a result in some acceptable time. I haven't seen any important difference until now, but the built in calculator just gave me a result that's almost by 130 labor points worse than the result given by our calculator engine, available via ClothCalc. With my equipment the built in calculator needs about 2 seconds to calculate non-optimal result for a single job, while our many times optimized server calculator currently needs about 6 seconds to calculate the optimal result for all 159 game jobs plus 12 custom activities. That's over 50x faster and is not a matter of our server performance, as JavaScript is generally quite faster than the technologies we currently use, while our hardware is only a few times more powerful than a home computer.

Yet, many of you still often experience the server overloaded message, so I'm going to go even further. Currently I'm in the middle of rewriting the whole calculator engine with a better algorithm to C++, trashing most of the work previously done by PHP and MySQL, and the intermediate results are already showing some blasting performance. Additionally, this rewrite will include the rest of item/set bonuses, fix the level based max LP bug and bring even some new possibilities.

DeletedUser16928

The completely reworked and strongly optimized C++ calculator engine is finished and I have some benchmarks: 10 ms for initializing and 1 ms for every task in the queue (every job and custom activity is a task). That means the data for ClothCalc will be computed in about one fifth of a second. That makes it over 1000 times faster than the built in one. :)

I still have to finish the PHP interface and I have no idea whether I will have time to do it in the next few days, but soon the server overloaded message will be a thing of the past.

//UPDATE: I've made some progress with the PHP interface and can now run it on the server, currently it does all normal jobs in 0.07 seconds.

DeletedUser

Indeed, thanks for the hard work Petee.

How do you want me to report discrepancies? For example, the in-game calc says I can get to $7505 on Trading Post, but tw-db says 7480. I can what the difference is (gear is different)...

Thanks!

DeletedUser36193

The completely reworked and strongly optimized C++ calculator engine is finished and I have some benchmarks: 10 ms for initializing and 1 ms for every task in the queue (every job and custom activity is a task). That means the data for ClothCalc will be computed in about one fifth of a second. That makes it over 1000 times faster than the built in one. :)

I still have to finish the PHP interface and I have no idea whether I will have time to do it in the next few days, but soon the server overloaded message will be a thing of the past.

//UPDATE: I've made some progress with the PHP interface and can now run it on the server, currently it does all normal jobs in 0.07 seconds.

You're so awesome man. Without your website, I doubt if anyone would even have an interest in this game.

DeletedUser22685

Awesome job Petee :)

Something I've noticed since today's update though, I'm now getting the server load error when I try and open ClothCalc rather than when I try to update my inventory. Before I was able to access recommended gear without updating to include the pair of black cotton shoes I just found, whereas now it's not possible to access the calculator.

I guess it was caused by something in the update, it looks like it's trying to update my data automatically when I open the script.

EDIT: OK, managed to open it successfully, seems like it does indeed update automatically upon being opened now. I'm assuming that was intended, but with the current overload of the TW-DB server and the frequency with which those errors occur, I don't think it's a good thing for the reasons mentioned above.

DeletedUser16928

ClothCalc should only automatically request data when a new version (not revision) was released (to resolve conflicts with possible new data formats), like yesterday. Indeed, the last update didn't really require flushing the data cache, but don't worry, after I release the new engine today evening, there will be no server overload anymore ;-).

On the other hand, under normal circumstances, ClothCalc should be able to handle that new pair of black cotton shoes without requesting new data. So if that's really broken, please confirm and we will look into it.

DeletedUser

You're so awesome man. Without your website, I doubt if anyone would even have an interest in this game.

What he said.
It definitely compensates for the day to day frustrations encountered, making it more enjoyable to play. :up:
So thanks muchly.

Now that i've buttered you up, i'll be cheeky & ask for something. :whistle:
Could you make it so that, on the jobs page, when you click on the name of a job, a list of all the other jobs found at the same location drops down.

Again, muchos gracias for all your due diligence.