Website TW-DB.info - English support

DeletedUser

hi, the buy tip star is showing for nearly every item i dont own, even when i have better items

DeletedUser

I have same bug where it shows low level item like they would improve my LP total. (Actually it is showing star for all items that I don't own)

DeletedUser16928

Guys, we are aware of that bug, you don't need to keep sending in reports of it. ;) Please have patience while we work on it.

DeletedUser30373

hiya, I'm having problems with clothcalc, whenever I try to update data I get an error stating tw-db.info: Sorry there is too much load on the server right now and clothcalc just shows spinning pistols.

I have tried removing the script and re-adding (ver 0.34 rev 4) and also going into settings and reset local storage.

Running the importer tool seems to run fine.

Any ideas gratefully received - thanks!!

DeletedUser22685

hiya, I'm having problems with clothcalc, whenever I try to update data I get an error stating tw-db.info: Sorry there is too much load on the server right now and clothcalc just shows spinning pistols.

I have tried removing the script and re-adding (ver 0.34 rev 4) and also going into settings and reset local storage.

Running the importer tool seems to run fine.

Any ideas gratefully received - thanks!!

I believe those errors are affecting everybody (or a least a large number of people) fairly regularly. They're caused by exactly what they say, too much strain on TW-DB's server, and there's not a lot you can do about it except try again - perhaps in off-peak hours - and hope the server isn't as busy.

DeletedUser30373

Cool, thanks Futu - I'd checked back and didn't see the errors mentioned so was think it was just me. I'll be more patient :)

DeletedUser22685

Cool, thanks Futu - I'd checked back and didn't see the errors mentioned so was think it was just me. I'll be more patient :)

Yeah, I don't recall seeing it mentioned here but I have heard from quite a number of players who are experiencing the error on a regular basis. It seems to be worse for some people than others, because if everyone had been encountering it as much as I have, I'm sure there'd be more complaints :p

DeletedUser16928

Nobody is affected by the server load limit check more or less, although some players may experience it more often because of the time they usually try to do a calculation. Re-installing the script or clearing the cache won't help you. As it was said, you just need to try to do the calculation at some other time.

Last night (at around 1:30) I have deployed another optimization of the calculator engine, once again reducing the server load a bit. This should result in more calculations getting through. For those interested, see the graph below. :)
Dz4cszF.png

Also, I think we have found the source of the buytip bug - it wasn't designed to work with set items. That means this "bug" was always present, thus the buytip feature never really gave good information. But with the recent game content updates more and more set items become a part of the best equipment combinations and it is now very obvious. It won't be easy to fix, in the meantime I recommend to simply disable the buytip feature in your ClothCalc settings.

DeletedUser15699

So the only way to know which items are worth keeping for jobs is to collect them and check in calculator inventory which ones are TOP for the jobs? If that is true wouldnt be nice to have an inventory with all items in it and do the calculation from there?

DeletedUser16928

The purpose of the buytip was to tell whether an item would give you any advantage compared to the items you already own. That can't be done based on the TOP items in a complete inventory as an item doesn't have to be the best in game (for a certain job), but still can be better than those you own.

I would certainly prefer if we were able to create a JavaScript-based fix for this bug (i.e. make buytip work with set items properly) as it would have one very nice implication - small additions to the player's inventory could be recalculated in the browser, avoiding the need for many, many almost useless server calculations. I fear that might not be possible, though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser33906

Hi Petee, not sure if anyone mention this or not but the regular calc on tw-db doesn't take into account of Black Friday items and the calc plugin for firefox doesn't seem to take into account any of the new clothing items. Thank you so much for all that you do.

DeletedUser6752

I have a suggestion/request for the Quest section - I don't know how difficult or easy this might be, but it would certainly be helpful: Is it possible to have a 3rd mode for the Quest section? you already have the complete list of quests and the list of incomplete quests; for lower level players there are a LOT of quests available, and many of them are either no longer possible (Paladin) or date-related (holidays) and still months away. A mode where you could view only the quest lines that are currently in progress would be a great help.

I started a new world recently - I haven't done that since 2010, and there are so many new quests available that it's bewildering trying to find the ones I need to check on in order to see what I need to do next, or what products/items I need to have ready. And the first page or so are all quests that are not currently available for various reasons; I don't want to ignore them, since I will eventually be able to do them. Being able to view only the quests I am working on NOW would be an ideal option to have available.

DeletedUser

To add to what Disappoint said - I'd like to also see quests I _can_ do. If I am level 40 and quest requires me to be 41 or if the quest can be started (or finished) during date interval, then no matter how much I try, I can't complete them.

That said, just like job calculator, I'd like some "grace" period, like quests I might start (or complete) in a day or two or quests I can start to work on in a level or two.

Similarly, I can not complete "The travelling circus (An unforgettable evening)" if I am not level 95 or if I haven't even accepted id:630 so I'd like to see this feature extended to the Quest Reminder.

DeletedUser

Anyone having issues with TW-DB showing the quests you have completed (green check mark in right top corner)?

This morning my wife's stopped showing and I just checked mine and the same thing. It now shows all the quests incomplete.

DeletedUser16928

Don't worry, it was just a bug. :)

Yes, I do plan some very nice things to happen to the quest sections in the future (unfortunately it's a matter of a few months, you can't expect it too soon). A better filter to the list of quest series is one of those things.

DeletedUser16928

New revision of ClothCalc
  • should fix the buytip bug (some amazing work of Dun)
  • TWDB Calc data update is necessary!
  • the bug of incorrect max job LP with level-based bonuses wasn't fixed
    • with how the calculator currently works, fixing it would require a major slow-down :(... hopefully some time later

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser15699

Thx Petee and i hope you get a lot of Easter eggs and less bugs and complaints.

DeletedUser16928

I forgot to mention in the last post and I would like to stress this even though I edited it just now - fixing the buytip was solely the work of Dun and it required a lot of coding, so he's the one you should thank for the buytip fix. ;)

As for the other "feature" that sneaked in with the last update (if you don't yet know what I mean, you should have a look in the game), if you are looking for someone to blame for ruining your hopes, that would be me... :)