Website TW-DB.info - English support

DeletedUser16928

And it's just like that, it actually uses some of it's internal components. However, thank you for pointing at the issue, I'd almost forget to notify .net game support...

// Release of the new version is currently waiting for his approval. - approved
// We found a bug we need to fix first

And by the way, neither of those for are my favorite jobs, I just didn't implement the system to add new jobs yet, so I hardcoded some random job ID's... Tending pigs has ID 1 :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser16928

The new feature, FavoriteJobs, was released, you will be asked to install the newest version soon. You can add new jobs to the favorites by selecting it in ClothCalc and clicking the heart with a plus icon. Notice that each time you install a new version of our script or delete Local Storage, you will have to load the data from TW-DB and refresh to make the list appear.

I'd just like to add that this feature was suggested to me by the forum user Yorga.

DeletedUser23201

tried updating but keep getting this error message,
Untitled.jpg
any ideas??

Slygoxx

Or you could just delete all of the other versions from your downloads folder and then download it again, that should work too.

DeletedUser

Petee, I have been chatting with you in email about this issue. Unfortunately guys, the new update of the script will not in any way, shape or form, install into chrome. I have tried everything, all the steps that chrome provides and all the steps that Petee posted.

I am officially frustrated: :mad:

Slygoxx

It installed for me ;) Does it give you an error or doesn't it show anything?

If it's the latter, try dragging the script to your desktop, and then to the extensions page.

DeletedUser23201

Petee, I have been chatting with you in email about this issue. Unfortunately guys, the new update of the script will not in any way, shape or form, install into chrome. I have tried everything, all the steps that chrome provides and all the steps that Petee posted.

I am officially frustrated: :mad:

its on chrome i encountered my problem, once i clicked ok and the download tab appeared bottom left, i right clicked on it and went "open folder" or something along those lines, i simply renamed the file by adding "A" to the start of it and then as petee suggested just dragged to my open extension tab and it was done

DeletedUser

Problem is that I've already had to install it to my new computer using the suggestions made. It seems that there is yet another problem with the chrome update. I cannot install the update to the extension. I just recently, like 3 days ago, installed the extension using the steps provided by chrome. However, the steps from chrome and the others that Petee provided will not work to install the update.

DeletedUser

Ok, so I took the chance and it payed off. I had to remove the extension that was first installed on chrome and then remove all the copies of any of the cloth calc scripts from my downloads folder and then I went back to the tw-db.info to install the updated version directly from there. I then dragged and dropped it into my extension tab in chrome.

Whew....

DeletedUser16928

Removing the older version of our script from Chrome's Extensions isn't necessary. But it is necessary to remove older copies of the script from the Downloads folder, or at least rename the new file.

So many people have reported this bug that we are even considering to change the file name with each revision... Chrome is really driving me crazy last few days...

DeletedUser

says i must download from their store

also error window comes up when i try to open it

DeletedUser16928

http://forum.the-west.net/showthread.php?p=647145#post647145

Installing UserScripts (GreaseMonkey) has become a bit more complicated in the recent version of Google Chrome, affecting our Quick Import Button and ClothCalc scripts. The browser currently requires that you install all UserScripts only from the Chrome Web Store. There is currently a workaround for this problem, so we are not going to upload our scripts to Google yet (it would cause us quite some complications).

There are two workarounds known to me:
1st way (recommended)
After clicking on the script link (those can be found in the same places like before), the browser will download a file with the extension .user.js. Make sure the file isn't renamed to something like anything.user (1).js, if yes, rename it to anything.user.js, it won't work otherwise. Open Menu -> Tools -> Extensions (or go to the address chrome://chrome/extensions/) and drag this file to the Extensions tab. If you are using the built-in Download bar, it will look similarly to this picture:
[SPOIL]
chromeuserscriptinstall.jpg
[/SPOIL]
It is possible that your OS does not support this feature, should work in most cases though.

2nd way
You can temporarily disable this safety feature by running the browser with this parameter: --enable-easy-off-store-extension-install. More info + source: http://googlesystem.blogspot.sk/2012/07/chrome-extensions-not-in-chrome-web.html

DeletedUser

it uploads and i see the entire script on my extensions screen

then it does nothing else

UPDATE*
I reset chrome once and it then asked for proper install
i had to reset it again to get calc to load

ty

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser25892

Hi... I haven't noticed that before. The price shown there is a real piece of information from the game. However, it seems like even though that item does have a price and is said to be on the Appearance tab of the UP Shop, it is not displayed there. I've even tried making my own request to buy it and the server said "This item is not offered by the trader." Strange, maybe it was originally supposed to be bought there, but devs cancelled it. I'll try to override it so that players don't get confused.

I don't think it ever was suppose to be bought here, but at one point Da Twista accidentally turned it on for sale for like one day.

MM2099

DeletedUser22493

Hey Pete.

How will the new new 2.0 version affect TW? Will it be a pain to update it?

DeletedUser16928

Yes, but it could be a lot worse. The import script is already working on 2.0 and it shouldn't be hard to restore the basic functionality of ClothCalc. If scooby isn't going to have much time to adjust all his features, we may split the update to two parts to provide at least some basic stuff until Alamogordo is updated. I'm confident we may be able to restore all the features even sooner.

The main source of pain are our website features. Few things have changed in the game mechanics and most of the data will have to be updated. I should be able to get most data using programming though, so it might be quite some fun. :)

The most recent update of ClothCalc has just a tiny change in it - it is triggered to disable under 2.01, so that the player isn't bothered by error messages.

DeletedUser16928

I just found out (thanks to Tony Montana 1602, who was the first to report the bug with enough data for me to actually have a serious look at it) that the Shops feature on our website had a critical error in the import script. All the data that was imported since then (I don't know when) was corrupted and the items that got into our database were almost random. I've fixed the error (and also the shop browsing feature) and had to delete all the imported shops data to ensure that players don't get fooled. If you use this feature, please import your world first - http://tw-db.info/index.php?strana=shops_import.