Website TW-DB.info - English support

DeletedUser

Thanks Slygox. We have received few bug errors from people using Chrome. After installing script and logging into your game acc, browser just freezes. I have to use firefox until Scooby find out what is causing this.

If you have problem after installing new cloth calc, please use different browser or disable cloth calc and use one on tw-db if you need to.

DeletedUser

It would be nice if we only had to update once for the-west.net, or even for the-west.* instead of updating on every single world. :p

Edit: Oh, it's worse than that. I get the update prompt every time I open a world.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

there was a really nice thing in tw-pro+ where while showing best clothes for the job it showed how many points each item was actually giving towards particular job.
this was useful on several levels, eg. i was able to choose which items to use to travel to certain job at max possible speed instead of using best clothes.

another useful thing i'm missing here is a possibility to see how much other items (not the best) are giving towards certain job. i was using it to queue two different jobs with almost best clothes, when the best for both was simultaneously impossible. it also let me find best defending clothes for certain more difficult jobs.

i'm no coder, so i'm not sure if it's doable here. any chance these features can be implemented into cloth calc?

DeletedUser16928

The problem with the really "often" updates lies in browser cache, some browsers simply won't download the updated version, but use the one they have stored locally (stupid, right?). We'll try to do something about this problem ourselves, for now we have to ask you to delete your browser cache on your own. Once more, before installing the new version, delete the browser cache (for tw-db.info).

Gasparro, the first suggestion does sound pretty doable indeed, but I'm a bit skeptic about the second one - this could be quite ineffective with the current implementation of our calculator (which is extremely unlikely to change)...

There will be no new market scripts from me, I'm afraid...

By the way, it seems like scooby was able to partially fix the Chrome trouble... The calculator now loads ~10 seconds after reloading the game. Don't be scared of the button being hidden during that time, a more convenient solution is hopefully on the way.

DeletedUser

thanks for considering it :)

and yeah, Chrome is working ok. the calc loads in 10-20 seconds after opening the game. no hassle there. it's manageable.

DeletedUser

Will we be able to create custom jobs like tw.pro?

The fortbattle combinations were also great, and sorely missed.

DeletedUser22685

I'd like to suggest something like TW-Pro's Buffalo Bill feature that automatically equipped the recommended clothes. If that already exists I'm yet to find it.

DeletedUser2708

I used to use TWPro for calculating best outfits for duels, fort battles, speed, etc. Is there anything similar I can use with TWDB?

ARGH, found it; just wish it was as useful/easy to use as TWPro was....

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

TW-DB's calc doesn't take 5 mins to work. The speed alone completely outweighs any possible arguments for TW-Pro as far as I'm concerned.. The one thing TW-DB is lacking is the ability to equip the gear for you like TWI or TW-Pro did, but it's not exactly difficult to equip the gear from the clothcalc window in game. I realize that it just does jobs at the moment, but it's version 0.03, give it time. :p

DeletedUser

I'm not sure if auto equip would be allowed as this could be considering as replacing existing premium

DeletedUser16928

If we heard a word from most community managers (in theory, the decision of allowing/banning a particular script lies on each CM themselves), we sure will do so, the technical barriers are minimal.

Yes, AFAIK from scoobydoo, this is on his to-do list. Some fort-battle combinations are available on the Custom tab of the in-game calculator, so I guess I must have misunderstood what you meant by them...

DeletedUser

The fortbattle combinations were also great, and sorely missed.

under the custom tab :p

Petee, it doesnt look like the sets is being fully factored in the calculations. Just something I noticed when applying the "speed" option from the calculator, the mexican fur pants were being ignored from the set.

1.35 overall too many clicks now. Annoying!

Wish List - Like others have said the ability to create user custom sets would be nice and a button to equip all selected would round it out perfectly.

Thanks again for your good work

DeletedUser

Yes Numbnuts :D But I want it to be like the old tw.pro e.g. make a custom FMS to see how much I can get for the GC quest etc. or a custom dueling setup. Also want the fortbattle combinations similar to tw.pro and to see the attack/defense/HP for each.

DeletedUser

imho opinion, the custom sets could as well be made, stored and pulled from the website... there is already a button to make custom calculations. If we could name them and store them it shouldn't be to hard to pull them to.

(And it would save you the trouble of making a gui for them iin the script.)

/Edlit

DeletedUser

imho opinion, the custom sets could as well be made, stored and pulled from the website... there is already a button to make custom calculations. If we could name them and store them it shouldn't be to hard to pull them to.

(And it would save you the trouble of making a gui for them iin the script.)

/Edlit

this is the way i've planned to managed the "customize" custom section...
a button will show a little snip that must be copy&paste into an inbox on ingame cloth calc
but there will be a max limit of 10 or 15 custom jobs (server performance of tw-db)
but for now the static customs must be unterstand as "better than nothing", its realy time consuming to handle that all on my limited leisure

by the way, custom fort is
attacker/defender should be clear
[att] -> 200% attack weigth, 0% hiding weight, 100% health
[def] -> 0% attack weight, 200% hiding weigth, 100% health

I'm not sure if auto equip would be allowed as this could be considering as replacing existing premium
auto equip is not allowed on .net! also not on .de so it has the lowest priority for me to add this

my current to-do list:
highest priority:
-> better handling of chrome troubles (freezes, caching of script updates)
-> optimize IndexedDB error handling

medium priority:
-> option for disable map changes (showing all jobs, changing country map)
-> showing item-job bonus in popup (on clothcalc and shop windows)
-> alternative items when they give the same boni (not sure if this is possible on that way i calc the best gear)
-> showing Laborpoints (or similar thinks) on Custom Section like it is on Job Section (Fort would be the att, def and health value)
-> customize custom jobs

Being a collector, I liked the feature to display items in blue, green and red indicating whether I already own the item and, more importantly, whether it improves my ability to perform a certain job (how much LP it will add to a job compared to my current inventory).
Any chance of that finding its way in the calculator?

DeletedUser

Hi, the shop import seems to be borked both on live 1.35 worlds and on beta - but for different reasons...

on live .net worlds (like Colorado):
Code:
[21:36:18,861] jspart is undefined @ http://tw-db.info/js/sDoShopImport.js?noCache=519&_=1330461373059:45

on beta (like amchitka):
Code:
[21:39:42,283] content.split("Ranking.turn_page_next(")[2] is undefined @ http://tw-db.info/js/sDoShopImport.js?noCache=920&_=1330461581429:81

/Edlit

DeletedUser34268

Import is not working for me. After I run the import script I get the window with "TW-DB Import was successful! Please, proceed by choosing any of the features below."
But when I click to calculator I get a error message "No data imported" after the "Loading, please wait " in tw-db. Then it goes to the import page.

I use
Windows 7
Firefox 10.0.2
playing on world 13 (Arizona)