Website TW-DB.info - English support

DeletedUser22685

Bounty hunter [830/826]
Building windmills [540/537]
Building coffins [1039/1036]
^ a few random jobs on beta. Not really an issue but I understand it can be a bit confusing. Isn't it just a wrong rounding of level items on INNO's part?

I doubt you can blame this one on Inno. Anyway, I've clicked the green tick and I'm also still consistently getting between 2 and 4 LP higher than what the calculator predicts on jobs where the newer level dependent item sets are used as the best clothing. I'll list a few of my top jobs as examples.

Plan a reservation [1444/1441]
Construct a mission [2196/2194]
Build a settlement [1831/1828]

All three of these use the full Nobleman's set apart from the saddle which I don't have.

Work as a Pinkerton Agent [191/187]

I thought I should include one that didn't involve the Nobleman's set. This one uses Jesse Chisholm's hat and scarf, Easter Showdown axe, rifle, horse and egg, Black Friday jacket and Soccer shorts.

I don't blame the individual level dependent items such as the Black Friday jacket or the Soccer ball, since jobs that use them without one of the newer sets seem to be calculating fine.

Snr Sarg

Petee, please tell me which details you would need to figure this out. In my case, if there's a level up and/or skill points added, sometimes clicking on that green tick doesn't do anything at all and it still shows the old numbers. Then I bought something that added more to the max LP for a job, i.e. that item was used as best clothing for one of jobs and then the cloth-calc updated and the numbers corrected for other jobs as well.

On another note, I have 2 suggestions/request to make:
1) Can the cloth-calc or calculator on tw-db account for negative skills in custom settings?
Example: I need to do a mirror NPC duel for which I need high appearance gear but in my case the calculator suggests Doolin's Set which gives a lot of appearance but also gives a lot of tactics which makes it useless. If I could also add [-1 tactics] to the mix such that the calculator would look for appearance gear that doesn't also add tactics, it would solve the purpose. This can also be used in other cases where I want a lot of some skills but none of some other skills like some duel settings.

2) Can the calculators account for best clothes without using a particular slot?
Example: Simple examples are jobs where we need to equip a certain item in the product slot. Since there are several products now (such as Easter) that are part of a full set, the calculator shows them but not equipping that product wouldn't give the set bonus that calc suggests. So if the calculator could leave out the product slot and calculate for best LP by using only other slots, then it would solve the purpose. This type of thing is also needed when you need to equip a certain weapon (or equip no weapon) and then do a duel/job but the weapons themselves are part of large sets now so not equipping that particular weapon wouldn't give me the set bonus and there may be alternate clothing that will give more skills if considering no weapon slots.

Two superb ideas there ishubagaria, both would be very useful.

As for the job LP sometimes being a couple of points off, I am laso experiencing that issue on occasion.

DeletedUser16928

Petee, please tell me which details you would need to figure this out. In my case, if there's a level up and/or skill points added, sometimes clicking on that green tick doesn't do anything at all and it still shows the old numbers. Then I bought something that added more to the max LP for a job, i.e. that item was used as best clothing for one of jobs and then the cloth-calc updated and the numbers corrected for other jobs as well.
When you say nothing at all, do you mean it doesn't even say "tw-db.info: data successfully loaded"? Well, in the next CC update we will probably make CC update the data on skill and level changes as well. Then we will hopefully know for sure it's not just outdated numbers (I haven't been able to reproduce that bug with the data any of you have provided).
1) Can the cloth-calc or calculator on tw-db account for negative skills in custom settings?
Example: I need to do a mirror NPC duel for which I need high appearance gear but in my case the calculator suggests Doolin's Set which gives a lot of appearance but also gives a lot of tactics which makes it useless. If I could also add [-1 tactics] to the mix such that the calculator would look for appearance gear that doesn't also add tactics, it would solve the purpose. This can also be used in other cases where I want a lot of some skills but none of some other skills like some duel settings.
This was a planned feature which was almost ready (in fact if you would just modify the code you paste into ClothCalc custom activities, it would work!), but I wanted to release it with an alternative (simplified) frontend for our website calculator. But since that might take some time (which I recently just don't have :(), I've made a slight modification to the current website calculator to make it possible. So you can use this either in the calculator's Custom section, or in ClothCalc via exporting the code to its custom skills tab.

TL;DR: You can now use negative valuation in custom activities!
2) Can the calculators account for best clothes without using a particular slot?
Example: Simple examples are jobs where we need to equip a certain item in the product slot. Since there are several products now (such as Easter) that are part of a full set, the calculator shows them but not equipping that product wouldn't give the set bonus that calc suggests. So if the calculator could leave out the product slot and calculate for best LP by using only other slots, then it would solve the purpose. This type of thing is also needed when you need to equip a certain weapon (or equip no weapon) and then do a duel/job but the weapons themselves are part of large sets now so not equipping that particular weapon wouldn't give me the set bonus and there may be alternate clothing that will give more skills if considering no weapon slots.
As stated, it is possible in the website calculator, but currently not in ClothCalc. I would like to be kind of careful how much functionality of the website calculator do we want to port to ClothCalc, but this is very simple to do, so you can expect it in one of the future ClothCalc updates. Any suggestion on how would this be handled in the ClothCalc interface?

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser34295

Any suggestion on how would this be handled in the ClothCalc interface?

What counts as the ClothCalc interface? If you also count the equipment window which is opened along side CC I would suggest something as simple as adding a tick-mark/red cross on each of the possible slots. Tick on = it counts, tick off = CC doesn't count it. Something like that?

I'm bad with visual aids so you'll have to imagine it :p

DeletedUser

When you say nothing at all, do you mean it doesn't even say "tw-db.info: data successfully loaded"? Well, in the next CC update we will probably make CC update the data on skill and level changes as well. Then we will hopefully know for sure it's not just outdated numbers (I haven't been able to reproduce that bug with the data any of you have provided)

No, it does show "tw-db.info: data successfully loaded", but it doesn't change the data and the cloth-calc still shows the old numbers as before clicking on the green tick.

Edit: This doesn't happen all the time though, only sometimes.

DeletedUser34295

This is going to sound ridiculous but.. how exactly does the online clothcalc work? I mean, I've tried different settings to see a difference but I can't find any at all.

Like this:
I put trading = 1
and I try one by one to put the other ones at -1, but it gives me the same result every single time.

Does it make a difference if I put trading = 1 or trading = 100, or will it always show me the maximum trading I can get with clothes on? (Using only two stats)

If I put two stats, is it about actual numbers or their correlation?
If I put trading = 1, shooting = 2, does it calculate clothes that give me a minimum of these numbers, or a set where shooting is twice as high as trading with as high numbers as possible?

Maybe I sound really stupid, but I haven't figured out how this works yet :/

DeletedUser

Does it make a difference if I put trading = 1 or trading = 100, or will it always show me the maximum trading I can get with clothes on? (Using only two stats)

If I put two stats, is it about actual numbers or their correlation?
If I put trading = 1, shooting = 2, does it calculate clothes that give me a minimum of these numbers, or a set where shooting is twice as high as trading with as high numbers as possible?
Yes, it does make a difference. Here is how it works. Calculator simply shows you the clothes with highest score, this score is calculated based on what values you put on each skill. If you put 1 on health and a piece of clothing has +10HP it has score of 10. If you put 10 on health it has score of 100. (and now the same applies even on negative values) You can imagine those values as weights.
trading = 1; shooting = 2;
let's say we have two pieces of clothing
one with: +10 trading +5shooting
the other one with +5trading +10shooting
score is: 10*1+5*2 = 20 for the first one and 5*1+10*2=25 for the second one
Is it a little bit clearer now? :)

DeletedUser34295

Is there any chance at all, that we can have our own made scripts somehow saved to our TW-DB account and imported with the script when it loads/available for import? I have now, once again, managed to completely forget about the script whilst clearing out my caches. Meaning I've lost all of the script settings I made in-game.

I know, I know - "it's not so difficult to remember is it?!" and well, maybe it's not so difficult to just start thinking of it or just redo them every time. But I don't know, I would love to be able to log on to TW-DB and also use the website interface to check my privately made scripts/calculations if the in-game version isn't available at that point for whatever reason.

DeletedUser16928

That sounds like a great idea. It would however have to be capable of intelligently merging the settings and data from different browsers. I wish I had time for that sort of stuff right now. :-/

DeletedUser34295

What about only the last part for now then? Being able to create, save and reuse calculation scripts/codes on the website? That way the code for them would also be easier to find again if you lose the scripts from the in-game calculator :)

Of course, time is an important issue we all face - so no sweat really, it's just an idea for improvement :)

DeletedUser37191

Currently, the dueling countdown timer counts only the time until the player can set up a new duel.
Is it possible to have it show when the player is protected from other duelers?

[EDIT] Thanks for implementing it!

Snr Sarg

All sorts of issues with the latest release, is it safe to assume you are aware? Let me know if you need more info

DeletedUser16928

Yes, we need more info. The only thing that isn't a bug is our site displaying item IDs with 3 more zeros at the end than we are used to, otherwise everything should work. The site had a huge DB migration last night (I have been up till 2:30AM) and ClothCalc had an update as well, so please report anything you find.

DeletedUser29831

Love the new update, finally back in the game. Without this script, I probably would have left.
But found a little bug, I think. When you choose a job, and click the Cloth-calc icon, the best gear doesn't appear for me, just the clothcalc list. Anyone else having this problem?

DeletedUser

Love the new update, finally back in the game. Without this script, I probably would have left.
But found a little bug, I think. When you choose a job, and click the Cloth-calc icon, the best gear doesn't appear for me, just the clothcalc list. Anyone else having this problem?
You need to click it twice. You can either shrink or close the 'Equipment' section and then click the bulb again.

DeletedUser16928

We are aware that displaying the best equipment doesn't always work on the first click and we will address the issue in one of the next updates.

BTW, if anybody recently updated ClothCalc to v0.41 rev. 16 and it stopped working, you will need to manually reinstall the script from http://tw-db.info/?strana=userscript
A tiny error got into a development version and that unfortunately got released to the public.

DeletedUser16928

It works for me and my analytics shows there wasn't any drop in site usage in the last hours. Is it still an issue?