Website TW-DB.info - English support

DeletedUser

for weeks now i have been getting the message "tw-db info:please login first". I am logged in but it won't recognize it.can someone please tell me with simple but detailed steps what to do?i'm using firefox.

DeletedUser16928

You can start with this, please let me know if that solves your problem:
http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=615412&postcount=560 - second part of the post

I still don't have much time now (finishing study in little over two weeks, big exams), but I'll see what can I do about those new items and changed bonuses.

As for Chrome, yes, don't even try to use ClothCalc there without TamperMonkey. :)

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

You can start with this, please let me know if that solves your problem:
http://forum.the-west.net/showpost.php?p=615412&postcount=560 - second part of the post

I still don't have much time now (finishing study in little over two weeks, big exams), but I'll see what can I do about those new items and changed bonuses.

As for Chrome, yes, don't even try to use ClothCalc there without TamperMonkey. :)
thank you so much, it is finally solved :)

DeletedUser

Recently Chrome auto updated for me and disabled all the scripts that were not installed from Chrome web store, including tw-db cloth calc. Once disabled by google (grayed out as they like to call it), it can not be enabled again.

A simple workaround I found was deleting the previous script and reinstalling it.

Seriously ? Damn, didn't even try that ... googled it and read that I had to install chrome dev version ... did that and works again now ... can enable extensions ...

Update:
Looks like you have to delete and reinstall every time you close your browser ...

Last edited:

DeletedUser8131

Chrome, Tampermonkey, and Clothcalc

Using Chrome, have Tampermonkey. Chrome now disables any extensions (including Clothcalc) that do not come from the Chrome Store. Every time I close the Chrome browser I must delete and reload Clothcalc. I really like Clothcalc, but this is a bit of an inconvenience. Any chance of Clothcalc getting added to the Chrome Store?

BTW, what is everyone else using besides Chrome and Tampermonkey? What are you using on your I-Pad?

Thanks.

HelenBack

Or you can change group policy settings to allow the extensions you want to install. Bit more work to set it up, but I think it should update okay... Although I haven't tried that yet. TamperMonkey is probably easier. lol
:p

Found the group policy fix here (page 25 of this thread, copied below so you don't have to search):
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/chrome/2yTVWdfC4Gg%5B1-25-false%5D

I am surprised Google did this... And they have ticked off a LOT of their users by doing this. Read through that forum and it's pretty obvious how people feel about this "safety update".
:hmf:

BTW, just wanna say... TW-DB ROCKS!!! Keep up the great work guys n' gals!!! :cool:

=-=-=-=

Bob Simmons56
12:13 AM (20 hours ago)

Caliban511 had it correct on Tuesday. You can use the Group Policy editor to get your disabled extensions back without crx files and without annoying messages popping up about suspicious extensions. I'm going to copy the instructions he provided and paste in a few more tips that hopefully will make it easier. This is going to be for Windows 7. It might work for other OS's, but I don't have time to verify that right now. You're going to be downloading the Chrome group policy templates that are normally used on a network, but they work just fine on a standalone PC too. You'll be copying two files from that download into the Windows PolicyDefinitions folders so the Chrome policy settings will show up in the Windows group Policy Editor. Changing one of those settings will allow you to re-enable third party extensions.

1) Download Chrome group policy templates here:
- http://dl.google.com/dl/edgedl/chrome/policy/policy_templates.zip

2) Extract the contents of the zip file to a temporary location of your choosing.

3) The first file you need is chrome.admx. It's (in the ZIP file) under windows\admx\en-US. Copy the file to C:\Windows\policydefinitions. You'll know you're in the right place because there's lots of other admx files there. If you use a language other than US English, then alter the subfolders you use accordingly

4) The other file you need is chrome.adml. It's (in the ZIP file) under windows\adm\en-US. Copy the file to C:\Windows\policydefinitions\en-US. Again, you'll know you're in the right place because this folder is full of adml files. Again, use different subfolders if you use a different language

5) In Chrome, go to Settings -> Extensions

6) Check the Developer Mode checkbox at the top

7) Scroll down the list of extensions and note (copy to Notepad) the ID's of the extensions you want to enable. LogMeIn, for example, is ID: nmgnihglilniboicepgjclfiageofdfj

8) In Windows, click Start -> Run, and type gpedit.msc. This starts the Windows Group Policy Editor, which will now include settings for Google Chrome since you added those two files.

9) In the left pane, expand User Configuration (the lower section) -> Administrative Templates -> Google -> Google Chrome -> Extensions

10) Double-click to open "Configure extension installation whitelist". The whitelist is the list of 'known good' extensions that you are approving for use within Chrome. Basically that's your third party approval action

11) Select "Enabled", then click "Show..."

12) In the list, enter all the ID's for the extensions you noted in Step 7. The top line is the entry line. The box below shows the current list of all entries, which should be blank to begin with. It may require a few clicks in the top line to get an ID entered. I had to open the window several times before it would let me actually enter the ID on the line.

13) Click OK as needed to complete the process, close the Windows Group Policy Editor and restart Chrome. You should now be able to go back to Settings -> Extensions and enable the extensions that you entered into the Windows Group Policy Editor.

Good luck.

Thanks for the tip abbyghail ... got gpedit working, but doesn't seem to have effect on chrome when tweaking it as described ... probably due to windows 8.1 ... dev version of chrome works ... let's hope google reverts this decision ... they get enough complaints I think

DeletedUser

They don't care about complaints, all they care is about forcing their products down everybody's throats in the name of "security" ;) (don't blame win8.1 that poor guy is innocent :p but really, everything that works with 7 worked for me on both 8 and 8.1 so far)

PS: have a look at chromium based browsers, if dev version stops working

DeletedUser29831

New version of the game, and the buy tip doesn't work. Any idea when you will have the script updated? Pretty, pretty, please? Or is it just me this time? :-D

DeletedUser16928

I've been quite ill ever since I finished the state exams (aced them, btw) and haven't had any energy to contribute to TW-DB so far, but Bluep (and stewue too, I've heard) are working very hard on a new ClothCalc version. The bugs introduced in new game version will be fixed, plus there are some nice features to be added as well. Bluep expects it to be ready for a release today.