Resolved turning an uncut diamond into an uncut ruby

DeletedUser

Folks this is a rumour or a fact i am being told for ages and i been telling others for ages

but my question is, is this actually true that if you equip an uncut diamond whilst doing Travelling Merchant you get an uncut ruby as reward?

DeletedUser

It isn't true bud, but I wouldn't even trade for that :p

And what's your source? Have you ever actually done it?

I had never tried it before, but I did last night. An uncut diamond became an emerald. I'm not really interested in testing it any more, but it definitely works, I can't tell you what you need to equip for it to become a ruby though, or if it's random.

DeletedUser28189

hopefully it's consistently diamond to emerald, given the change in the saddle pommel recipe and the incredibly poor drop rate on those gems in the upgrade.

DeletedUser

I had never tried it before, but I did last night. An uncut diamond became an emerald.

I've done it with a ruby and I dropped a diamond. Maybe equipping an emerald drops the ruby? :)

DeletedUser18222

I've done it with a ruby and I dropped a diamond. Maybe equipping an emerald drops the ruby? :)

i personally dont think anything can be done with the emerald,or im just unlucky.but i can definitely say the diamond "converts" into a emerald

DeletedUser

i just tried it. equipped a diamond, got a ruby. maybe it's random?

DeletedUser

i just tried it. equipped a diamond, got a ruby. maybe it's random?

I kind of figured it was, since there's no real obvious [logical] progression from one to the other.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser28189

seems random... one try i got a ruby, the next i got an emerald. i haven't experimented long enough to see if i could convert a ruby, or anything else for that matter.

DeletedUser

Tryed 5 times with a diamond equipped on a precious stones with the silver circle... got 7 coals and 1 diamond.

DeletedUser

Tryed 5 times with a diamond equipped on a precious stones with the silver circle... got 7 coals and 1 diamond.

for mean dig for rare gemstones? so pparantly it doesn;t work on that which seems somewhat logical though

but its confirmed equiping a diamond changes it in a ruby or an emerald thats all i wanted to know thanks for all the testing!

Nisa

Description of on uncut diamond says 'Perhaps you can trade it'. On ruby and emerald it only says 'product' so I assumed only diamond can be turned into something else.
I never got a ruby but it's most likely cause I actually needed an ruby when i tested it on w8 ages ago and was getting emeralds only :p

DeletedUser

Description of on uncut diamond says 'Perhaps you can trade it'. On ruby and emerald it only says 'product' so I assumed only diamond can be turned into something else.
I never got a ruby but it's most likely cause I actually needed an ruby when i tested it on w8 ages ago and was getting emeralds only :p

Thanks for pointing that out. Never noticed it before. So let's say equipping a diamond may raise the chances to get an emerald or a ruby.

DeletedUser

I have done it 5 or 6 times equipping a diamond on TM, admittedly pre-2.0, and every time I received a ruby, never an emerald, but, that doesn't mean you can't get an emerald doing it.

DeletedUser18222

I have done it 5 or 6 times equipping a diamond on TM, admittedly pre-2.0, and every time I received a ruby, never an emerald, but, that doesn't mean you can't get an emerald doing it.

I have gotten an emerald before,and lost the diamond :p

DeletedUser

LOL!

When i saw this post first time, i actually thought this was trolling so i joined :p
Now, too many people i respect seemed serious enough so i tried this out today and got an emerald.
You learn something every day :laugh: