Traveling fair

DeletedUser

According to post with the announcement of the Friendship Quest, the traveling fair should have arrived an hour ago:

"Another special event that comes to us on the 30th of July at 00:01 AM is the long awaited traveling fair!"

So far I haven't been able to locate it in any world though; is it delayed?

-xq

DeletedUser

The time when the fair gets the daily update (it opens...) is different from the daily updates.

0:00 - Daily update. Daily quests reset. Upbs awarded.
1:00 - Motivation update.
2:00 - Silver jobs update
3:00 - Traveling fair update.

Times from the beta server. Probably the same it will be used here.

And that is for when it is been constructed (system deposit 1/7 of the total products necessary and raises 1/7 of the construction) and when it is open, it´s when the game changes and the free try is given.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser6752

It's shown up on w1 and Briscoe already.
Silver jobs on Arizona and Colorado haven't switched over yet.

DeletedUser20688

On World 11, it's in "The Legion county" which is the top left sector. The mini-map shows an orange triangle.

DeletedUser

It's shown up on w1 and Briscoe already.
Silver jobs on Arizona and Colorado haven't switched over yet.

The silver and gold jobs switch at 4AM, not 2AM. (At least that's my experience and also what the help section states)

Thanks for the info about the fair, killado.

-xq

DeletedUser

So whats actually happening here. does anyone know. is construction based off labor points or time. is the reward once the fair opens proportional to contribution. What does it do once opened. Was any of this in Beta? Anyway, good concept though i like collaberative projects.

DeletedUser17612

construction is normal as town or forts (so skill based).
There are new achievements for donating and construction.

Once fair is opened, there will be games that we can play (one per day is free, the next are for bonds/nuggets). The game rotates each day, but there are all the same concept.
You pick one out if 5 possible options, and you get a prize hidden there (the prize pool is nice, but the best prizes (previous tombola sets as natty's, doc's, cartwright's...) are very unlikely to get - you can not improve your luck chance with nuggets; i did not hear about a winner of that items on beta.
Most likely you will get some fort buffs or work buffs + there is new set to be collected.

prize pool
1st-fair.jpg

my prize under number 1
fair-prize.jpg

all prizes that were in draw
fair-prize-options.jpg

DeletedUser

i still would like a good detailed instruction for it

still haven't read whats the big point of either dumping 10 or 1000 products

yeah i read if you donate 1% of the total good you get 10 bonds, 10%=100 bonds etc

but besides unless you got 500 metal chips or 100 death sentences or 100 rodeo trophy's with 18000 salmon needed even depositing 900 salmon would only give you 50 bonds, that enough to buy a bag with a common products to get 1 salmon back

DeletedUser

Yes, I'd also like to know whether the more rare items give more 'value' or credit back when depositing than common items.

In other words, in an hour of work I can find 4-5 cotton, or in that same hour I can find one flag (if lucky). I would work for the flag if I new it's 'value' was 4x higher than the cotton, for example...

Diggo11

Yes, I'd also like to know whether the more rare items give more 'value' or credit back when depositing than common items.

In other words, in an hour of work I can find 4-5 cotton, or in that same hour I can find one flag (if lucky). I would work for the flag if I new it's 'value' was 4x higher than the cotton, for example...
The amount of bonds you receive is based on the percent contribution you make. As fewer rare products are required than more common ones, you should therefore receive more bonds for the same amount.

DeletedUser17612

Perhaps this info will help you understand it more.
On w5 only 3600 products are needed and 40k construction.
On w15 more then 90k priducts are needed and over 1M construction.

Changes to the travelling fair requirements & rewards

Requirements

As the players on Alamogordo can already see, we changed the required products and construction points to finish the fair's construction ground. While it's still depending on a world's active players, the algorithm, which determines the amount, now also takes various other numbers into account. For example, it checks how many active players actually can do the job of the required product.

This can result in some odd (or rather seemingly very high) numbers which are not doable by one player alone, but with the help fair's entertainers & other players of the world, it might be easier than you think.

Rewards

The old system capped the rewards at max 75 bonds (25 products, 25 builds, 25 daily activity). This resulted in players only dropping 25 products and are done with it. While this is not entirely bad, there was no incentive to further help out the fair. But handing out bonds in a big fashion is also not possible because it would easily devalue them.

As of now, we're trying a different approach. When the requirements are generated and the active players are determined, we're creating a pool of bonds. The pool is then evenly distributed between the 21 categories (20 products + construction). How many bonds you receive is calculated proportionately per category. As a result of those proportional rewards, rare products which are harder to obtain and are required less have a higher bond / product ratio than common products like lamb wool.

I guess we need some examples (numbers and products are made up), here we go:

Pool: 21000
Bonds per category: 21000 / 21 = 1000

Common product:
5000 lamb wool are required, you turn in 100 -> 100/5000 -> 2% (rounded)
Since you turned in 2%, you'll receive 2% of the bonds for that category. Which would be 20 bonds.

Rare product:
900 roses are required, you turn in 100 -> 100/900 -> 11% (rounded)
Since you turned in 11%, you'll receive 11% of the bonds for that category. Which would be 110 bonds.

Total: 135 bonds (110 + 20 + 5 (daily activity))
(This assumes that you turned in all products in one day and didn't do any construction)

As always for the beta, nothing is set in stone. Everything is subject to change.

DeletedUser

Thanks FricFrac and Diggo, makes sense. Can the bond pool value, per world, be shared with the public? So that a player can determine for themselves the potential benefit of turning in products?

IE, if I know the bond pool on Colorado is 30000, for example, then I can figure out how many bonds I get for the lamb wool job (or whatever)....

Also, does the Construction category work out the same. Your % contribution of the total from the bond pool allocated to construction? If so, can the Construction bond pool also be shared?

DeletedUser29773

I have question,

If i construct fair for 1 h in 1,2, ..... 13 county, and rest of construction do in 14 county so like 16k points ( because i am pure hider now), it will be enough to get 250 UPB from achievements participate in construction in all county?

Deleted User - 1802579

Thanks FricFrac and Diggo, makes sense. Can the bond pool value, per world, be shared with the public? So that a player can determine for themselves the potential benefit of turning in products?

IE, if I know the bond pool on Colorado is 30000, for example, then I can figure out how many bonds I get for the lamb wool job (or whatever)....

Indeed, knowing the bond pool would really help, I mean in the example you get 110 bonds for 100 roses wich ofc isn't worth it at all lol. So far I'm not convinced of the benefits for dropping ridiculous amounts of products in the fair that also can be used for crating or questing.

DeletedUser29773

Also question, will be difrence product in other county or same like in county 1.

DeletedUser19518

All i know and understand is that our inventories are gonna be empty next weeks, mates are gonna make some good cash in markets by selling these items.
This mean we have to work really hard next months or years to get all the stuffs we are donating (7777).. again.

Lets hope that Bloody Circus deserve our efforts..