"Travel to fort" button in Fort Overview

DeletedUser15368

I would love an additional button on the fort overview screen that would set your character to travel to the fort when pressed. I suggest it would be located beside the join button for battles that you have not yet signed into, and replace the join button entirely if you are already signed into the battle.

This would pretty simply allow you to see what fort battles you want to attend from the overview and walk there from a conveniently placed travel button on the same window.

Ku437Pq.png

At present, it takes a whole two extra clicks to walk to the fort from the overview, totally unacceptable for the modern day, lazy, west fort fighter. :p

DeletedUser34315

Is good. Many idea...

Joking aside, that seems entirely logical and should be implemented.

DeletedUser34781

yeah i like it. if you need to enter fort screen proper then you still can but a rapid travel besides the new pop up in top left would be handy.

DeletedUser34315

You guys don't have this after you click "Ready" ?
bzd8.png

I think this idea serves a different purpose; i don't usually walk to a battle till long after signing in. Being able to walk from the fort overview instead of having to open that specific fort seems like a great idea to me.

DeletedUser

With an hour to go to the fort fight Henry says something about moving to the fort. I think that it would help people to have Henry tell them every odd hour from 5 hours to a fort and less, if they are signed in. I think that it would improve the overall number of people attending fort fights. Although, there would be those few who want to stay away from fort fighting and would find it annoying. That is why I believe that this should only put into affect if a person signs in to the fort fight.

DeletedUser33342

I think this idea serves a different purpose; i don't usually walk to a battle till long after signing in. Being able to walk from the fort overview instead of having to open that specific fort seems like a great idea to me.

that reason kept me from posting that image :)

DeletedUser30224

We are lazy people, it saves one click though. I'm either way but would not bother with it. Since you battle on average once per day, that one extra click means close to nothing. Not only that, but if you sign i nto more than one battle, it gets confusing which battle to travel to. I know we have times displayed for each battle, but I bet my hide that most of us open the fort and check the timer that is counting down instead :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I like the reminders. It serves to remind new players that they need to move to the fort before the battle while they are completing the sign-up process. I also like the reminder icon indicating the time remaining until the battle. The reminder from Henry is also nice. I think these new features will help improve actual battle attendance.

DeletedUser15368

The reminders from Henry are great, but I don't think we need more than one, 1 hour before the battle, it would get too spammy.

And you very well might only have one fort battle per day, however, some of us may have up to 3 battles per world, on multiple worlds, per day. It would be nice to have a convenient button in the overview to walk to the fort, even if it's only saving two clicks at a time.

DeletedUser

Anything that can improve the +10% no-show rate is impressive to me. I think these reminders are only intrusive to those that already attend religiously ... probably the 'other' 10% :D