Transport

DeletedUser

i do not know if this has been suggested but we need more transport.

because you are able to get horses well back in the day were this game is set there was also horses and caridges. this will mean that players can get to places faster just like horses.

instead you could buy a caridge and then you have to buy the horses separate. And then there could be a limit of horses a player can have on a caridge. Now obviously pony's are not included because i have not seen in my life a pony pull a caridge.

also you are able to buy different types of caridges like they are able to go all different speeds

Prices:

Wagon could be like $4000 only have 2 horses
normal caridge: could be like $8000 only have 3 horses
Surry (type of carige): could be like $12000 and then have a max of 4-5 horses.

now i think the higest horse it 150% and that would mean the top caridge would be able to have 600% or would have a total of 750%. this means that the rate that you are able to move on the map. now this might not be very fast but it can be changed if it is not liked.

now obviously the prices will have to change because the high levels would have this amount of money easy.

but just to make it harder if somebody owns a horse or Caridge or both then they should have to pay for rapiers so like once a week it will break down or the horse breaks a leg or all fail to work. witch means then putting 2 more buildings on to the towns and maybe forts.

Things that can go wrong: (Caridge)
Wheels:
wood gets chipped needs to be fixed/changed
one of the wheel breaks completely or maybe 2 for very bad look
and like every 2 months they should be serviced so players are able to use then at full speed.

Things that can go wrong: (horses)
legs break
hooves
they could just need a wash every 2 days or every day so this could be cheap if it is every day
then they get tired and they need to sleep in the stables. for like 5hrs

Buildings:
one to buy a Caridge and the same shop would be able to fix them too

not a shop but to add a stable for anybody s horses that live in the town. because if you think about it the player has to rest so do horses it is not like they are invincible.

now i hope that you have liked this idea and please do not criticize my English because that is not fair. and please i know there is a lot there but could you please pick out the good bits, mainly because they will be able to be made better and maybe they the good bits will go on.

for yes Put Yes at the start of your reply and why you think it is good.

For NO Put NO!! ant the start of your reply and why you think it is not such a good idea

Thank you Colintunner :):):)

DeletedUser1105

My character on W2 can travel from one extreme in the North West of the map to the other in the South East in less than 11 hours.

On a real time game, being able to cross the whole world in 11 hours strikes me as pretty quick.

I'd prefer to see the slight opposite of this - expanded worlds so that it takes days to cross.

DeletedUser

yeah but if you think about it if it takes days to cross then the game will loose players with hardly any money

making the map bigger for days will mean that the distance from towns and jobs will increase stupidly

DeletedUser1105

making the map bigger for days will mean that the distance from towns and jobs will increase stupidly

Why would it? Jobs are in every county. I don't have to travel more than fifteen minutes to reach any of my daily jobs.

Do you have a convincing reason why you need to be able to travel the length of the map in more than 11 hours? Remember, that is from one extreme to the other, so the journey to the furthest point of the map is much less than that for about 98% of players with the quarter horse.

DeletedUser

I agree with sdj. I'd rather see a map expanded so that the journey from east to west or visa versa would take at least two days at basic speed. It would give the game more of a "frontier" feel if the trip across the map became a big journey.

DeletedUser

If they ever implement limits on how much can be carried, this would probably be a good idea. I don't think a horse would run faster when pulling a carriage than when just carrying a rider, and the added expense and work wouldn't be worth moving a bit faster to me anyway.

It seems like a well thought out idea, but probably not for this game as it is right now.

Noobmic

I like the main idea, but a little changed. For example if you played WoW you know that in each town you have a boat or a pet that will help you travel faster to the next town.

So the idea for this game:
- add new building in town: transport (or something like this);
- from this building you can rent a carriage;
- the price can be discussed. I was thinking of:
-> own town 0 price;
-> other town 100% price; (and for adventurer 0 price for the first two types, how it is for hotel);
- Caridge types, I think that should be 5 types and each type should offer different x% speed.

Another thing that can be added are:
-> carriages will leave the town once per hour;
-> carriages can ship only 4 players (or can be for each carriage type in particular);
-> if you upgrade the building you can transport more players or you can have more then one carriage by type

Last edited:

DeletedUser

No, another form of transportation isn't needed. Horses do the job well enough; we don't need to overcomplicate things. Just because something sounds cool or has a western theme doesn't mean it's game-worthy.

Noobmic

Why are you so negative? If you say no then add some reasons.
"we don't need to overcomplicate things" this is a very simple game and new features are required...

This can help for example in fort battle when you have a fort that is far away and all your allies and your town can get there faster ... for example in my last fort battle it ware only 8 attacker and 80+ defenders and best xp gain was 4xp ... so we lost a lot of time to go to the fort, to go back and without a good reward.

DeletedUser

The map only takes about eleven hours to cross; less if you have a better horse. You have 24 hours to prepare for a fort battle so you can reach almost any fort on the map in time to fight the battle. If you lose the battle tough luck. Just use up the rest of the day working and duelling in the area. Before you go to sleep or when you run out of energy send your character back home and by the time you wake up the next day you'll be back at your town. Since this game is in real time the amount of time you spent travelling won't be much of a loss.

DeletedUser

i agree with Noobmic because if you think about it you could have the caridges linked up to the forts and that way if you get a telegram late you can leave the town on an hr1 caridge and get to the fort on time. and if you do not get a good reward then that way you will not have to wait like 4hrs or so to get back to your town instead it is halved to 2hrs on a hourly caridge

:):):)

DeletedUser

I like the main idea, but a little changed. For example if you played WoW you know that in each town you have a boat or a pet that will help you travel faster to the next town.

So the idea for this game:
- add new building in town: transport (or something like this);
- from this building you can rent a carriage;
- the price can be discussed. I was thinking of:
-> own town 0 price;
-> other town 100% price; (and for adventurer 0 price for the first two types, how it is for hotel);
- Caridge types, I think that should be 5 types and each type should offer different x% speed.

Another thing that can be added are:
-> carriages will leave the town once per hour;
-> carriages can ship only 4 players (or can be for each carriage type in particular);
-> if you upgrade the building you can transport more players or you can have more then one carriage by type

to add to my idea to make it better i really like this

:):):)

DeletedUser

thay sit in the top of it and do not pay :D

DeletedUser

Why don't you add trains, with a station in every country. You could pay a certain amount of money to move from country to country. Some jobs offer train tickets, so maybe a train ticket means a free ride

=)

DeletedUser

Been suggested several times and rejected. It's probably because the devs don't think it's useful enough to put in the game.