Train Stations

Do you think its a good idea to have a train station

• Total voters

DeletedUser

Obviously trains would only run on tracks and only stop at towns with Stations on them...

I think people have the misconception that this idea is suggesting a new building be installed in our towns... Yes, it was once suggested, but for simplicty, let's just look at having 6-8 NPC stations..

Having a New Building (Train Station) be constructed in town would not only make it a headache, but include too many complications to flush out.

Realistically ALL towns had a StageCoach. But not all towns had Train Station, only those along RailWays had stations....

Additionally the current map size makes Trains obsolete...
I'm tempted to open a new discussion on the use of Stage Coaches, because a coach would not require static tracks nor a complicated time-schedule to adhere to...

In a nutshell: Stage Coaches would be the pre-emptive play test of a more integrated rail system..

DeletedUser5046

How about we introduce the rule:

"If you don't have a good idea that is worth being implemented, don't post about it."

there there..you make the monkey mad again....

*please take notes of the other posts...cuz i just hate the fact that sum posts are just a mimic of the first one...i dunno if they mean it or they just dun like readin sum of the good details....*

DeletedUser1105

I think you are all getting ahead of yourselves. You can't say, 'well it would work on a much bigger map.

The fact of the matter is that the map is the size that it is. If your idea does not work within those scales, then it is pointless discussing it.

If you want a bigger map, make a thread simply for that cause. If it ever got implemented THEN you could discuss this.

It's like saying 'I'm going to buy a mansion.....if I win the lottery.' You gotta win the lottery first.

DeletedUser

I think you are all getting ahead of yourselves. You can't say, 'well it would work on a much bigger map.

The fact of the matter is that the map is the size that it is. If your idea does not work within those scales, then it is pointless discussing it.
If you want a bigger map, make a thread simply for that cause. If it ever got implemented THEN you could discuss this.[/quote]

0.o you mean like in this thread?

It's like saying 'I'm going to buy a mansion.....if I win the lottery.' You gotta win the lottery first.

That's what I'm saying too, sdj. But there is no reason to simply NOT discuss the next phase. It's like expecting to win the lottery without buying tickets...

Which is why I started the post on stage coaches. It's like the smaller scaled version of this discussion.

DeletedUser

thats good idea,but the station train must build in town,to travel from town to town,and in construction in town to build rainway,for that the town must be in aliance with which town will they travel ...please sorry for mistakes

DeletedUser

well for simplicity and arguments sake, I've suggested that NPC towns be installed with Stations to cross all points on the map.

I hadn't thought of "alliances" and traveling from town to town between them.

0.o wait that's prolly because there is no benefit or mechanic utilizing the 'alliance' approach... Again this is The~West not Tribal Wars.

I know this is gonna railroad the subject off-topic: but what are the benefits of having an 'alliance' in The~West (other than a social affair)? There is no way mechanic installed granting boon of alliance. About the only thing two 'allied' towns can do is perform player-exchanges to buy each others items from the other town.

DeletedUser

this is pefect idea,you can pay,to travel,on map for lower prices a little bit lower,than buy a horse,like 200$ and the speed of the train could give you +40-60%.

DeletedUser

i have an idea which is on another thread which is

a new building

where you choose between a coach house and a train station

the train station goes 300% faster but only takes you to other town s which have train station

coach house this is 200% faster but can take you to any oart of the map

what do you think of that

DeletedUser

that speed is not realistic:nowink: , a horse can be fast as a train ,not for long:indian:,
and a horse is fast as a coach right?:mad:
and it would be great if you pay for the train and the coach.

DeletedUser

I'm confused. Why is there a poll on this thread when there isn't a fully developed proposal here?

And why is there a poll on an Ideas & Brainfarts thread?

And if that is because the poll was added before the Development forum existed, why on earth is this poll still open?

DeletedUser5046

I'm confused. Why is there a poll on this thread when there isn't a fully developed proposal here?

And if that is because the poll was added before the Development forum existed, why on earth is this poll still open?

that's what i asked on another poll :D closed but still sum peeps bump and suggest.

and diggo told me..uhm..i forgot bout it...its someyhing about FLAMES

DeletedUser

Threads like this are the reason they disabled polls. It's idiotic to have a poll on a not remotely developed idea ("so...umm...who wants train stations? let's vote!") and there was no reason to bump it, and there is definitely no reason not to lock the thread or at least close the meaningless poll.

DeletedUser

Im for the whole railroad idea, there could also be the job of railroad coal shoveler, engineer, ticket person, and a whole lot more