Rejected Trading and the push rule

Shall the market for non-rare items be capped at 4x prices?

• Yes

Votes: 69 55.6%
  • No

Votes: 55 44.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

yep put a limit on every item to *4 it's price on regular items. and as Saltin pointed out the "rare" i don't like that too how about thinking something up for that types too. like putting limit on it *10.

it will still be point less cause i can sell 50 gray caps for 200 and transfer the money every day or every other day; 3 caps/day or 3/2days.

what we need is solid detector of trading like if two person are trading 20 items in period of few days mods should get a report and they should check it out. again it will require more effort and work on mod's side

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Please don't cap market prices. This will be utterly useless - it won't stop pushing at all - because people who transfer money will simply be forced to split the amounts into smaller parts, which makes it even harder to detect.

When the price cap is established, what comes next? A limit of items/day which may be sold? A limit of items that may be sold between two sepcific players/day? Limit trades on the market to $10k per player/day? Players will adapt again, pushing will go on, but people who simply like to play as traders will be more and more restricted. The final solution will be to remove the market. Do we want that? By all means, NO.

Remember: Freedom always comes with the risk of abuse. I'd always choose freedom over restriction.

PS.:
In fact there are situations where a price of more then 4x for 'common' clothing could occur by regular means.

Imagine a young world with only a few small cities. Indian clothing can't be bought anywhere but some townless adventurers with lots of cash look for it desperately. Someone will eventually get it from a trader and put it on the market for a profit. Naturally price will skyrocket in this situation. A price cap would destroy the finding of the real market price of such a rare item.

Deleted User - 1278415

Imagine a young world with only a few small cities. Indian clothing can't be bought anywhere but some townless adventurers with lots of cash look for it desperately. Someone will eventually get it from a trader and put it on the market for a profit. Naturally price will skyrocket in this situation. A price cap would destroy the finding of the real market price of such a rare item.

Indian clothes goes for $3,750 sales price, $7,500 member buy price, and $15,000 for out of town price. I would say $15,000 would still get you a fair profit of $7,500. and at a 5x markup you would be $18,750 which would surely cover your posting fees.

DeletedUser

Indian clothes goes for $3,750 sales price, $7,500 member buy price, and $15,000 for out of town price. I would say $15,000 would still get you a fair profit of $7,500. and at a 5x markup you would be $18,750 which would surely cover your posting fees.

It's not about covering fees or estimating what people think a fair profit might be. In times of shortage any rare item should be worth what its purchaser wants to pay for it (that's a historic quote, right). Prices should NOT be regulated by any means.

DeletedUser

It's not about covering fees or estimating what people think a fair profit might be. In times of shortage any rare item should be worth what its purchaser wants to pay for it (that's a historic quote, right). Prices should NOT be regulated by any means.

Rare Items would not have a cap.
They will not run out of Indian clothing. The Supply is infinite. This is not a real world scenario, economics in the west differ.

As far as the "Brand New World" scenario is concerned, I am sure more than enough shops will have Indian clothing before anyone reaches level 55 and is able to use it. Even if say only 1 shop in the whole world has the clothing, there is no reason to pay more than 4x the price. That town would just get a lot of visitors, buying it for 4x.

DeletedUser

(I took a quick scan of the thread. Haven't been following it, but didn't see this mentioned. Excuse me if it's already been brought up.)

The biggest problem for me is defining a "rare" item. Obviously, the the named items would be considered rare. But what about all these other unique or extremely sought after items?

The Precise Winchester is one of the most sought out items in the game; being beaten in my standards only by Key 3. However, quite a few gunsmiths out there don't have it. Now, is it a rare item? No. You see Precise Winchesters all the time. But it's extremely sought after, and people want it.

At the opposite end of the spectrum there are the items we are currently receiving from the advent calender. Licorice, Christmas Crackers, Pieces of Coal, Marbles, and the other assorted goodies from the calender could be considered rare in the months to come to many collectors, fort battlers, and duelers. However, other people couldn't care less. They're not unique or particularly sought after, though many insist on trying to sell them for horrendous amounts of cash on the market. You won't be able to get these for 11 months out of the year, or maybe never again. Does that make it rare, even though many people have multiple pieces of licorice and christmas crackers already?

My point is this: What makes an item rare, and by who's standards? Now that we have the golden saber and practically everyone knows how to get the three notes, is Hernando's Sword still rare? The definition of a rare needs to be thought out a bit more, and it would take a painstaking amount of time to sort through the whole list of The-West items and decide what qualifies as a rare, and what does not.

DeletedUser16008

Who honestly cares about moving cash around should someone wish to ? It seems petty to worry about such a thing when everything is simple to get anyway now. If I need say a tequila ill pay x10 for it if needed .... really its no big deal.. supply and demand.

Whats more annoying is the lack of things able to be actually traded, which imo is stupid seeing as the game has totally changed in the last few months. Really what difference does it make if everyone can buy anything in the market or not ? oh i forgot its to encourage people to spend those nuggets and waste more of their time and cash getting said items.

Im voting no.

DeletedUser

make a way to transfer funds

Who honestly cares about moving cash around should someone wish to ? It seems petty to worry about such a thing when everything is simple to get anyway now. If I need say a tequila ill pay x10 for it if needed .... really its no big deal.. supply and demand.

Thank you for simple clarity! I agree that the pushing rule is petty. Surely in The Old West people transferred money between themselves. C'mon! If a worker hires a dueler to go get some revenge, or protection, or you hire tanks for your fort fight, yes, $ changes hands. Make the game realistic and allow us to pay for services rendered. Or a friend has to quit. Didn't The Old West have inheritance? Or did their money and belongings just evaporate upon death? Get rid of the pushing rule or make some way to legally transfer funds between players.

chuck42

DeletedUser

Thank you for simple clarity! I agree that the pushing rule is petty. Surely in The Old West people transferred money between themselves. C'mon! If a worker hires a dueler to go get some revenge, or protection, or you hire tanks for your fort fight, yes, $ changes hands. Make the game realistic and allow us to pay for services rendered. Or a friend has to quit. Didn't The Old West have inheritance? Or did their money and belongings just evaporate upon death? Get rid of the pushing rule or make some way to legally transfer funds between players.

chuck42

As has been said in many posts throughout the forums, this game is nothing like the actual west. We've been walking around for months with no pants, magically come back to life 48 hours after we die, and clean lumps of dirt for guns made of gold.

There is no inheritance in this game, and if somebody quits, then they're gone. You're not supposed to be able to give money, as countless people would attempt to scam other players or make multiple accounts in order to give themselves cash or money.

DeletedUser

As it stands now the powers that be view game cash transfers as illegal,maybe eventually this rule will be reversed and it will be legal to do so.

Personally i don't mind either systems as money is fairly irrelevant once you get the mid-end game anyways,but i think we should be honest and really take a good look to see if the rules stated can really be enforced or not.

Do we really have the tools necessary to effectively enforce the prohibition?the man power to investigate possible infractions? the time to do so?

DeletedUser

In my opinion .. This entire issue with "pushing" is in direct conflict with the theme of this game.

This game depicts the wild west. A period of American history. It was mostly lawless and savage, the strong took what they wanted from the weak. In areas where gold was thought to be items like Pickaxes, Shovels, Panning equipment, and so on were expensive as hell. The market should reflect that.

If "Bob" wants to buy an item and "Joe" is the only one he can find that has it then "Joe" should be able to sell that item to "Bob" for whatever he can get out of him without "God" stepping in and decreeing he broke a commandment and must now be punished.

Deleted User - 1278415

This poll has failed

Shall the market for non-rare items be capped at 4x prices? Yes
bar2-l.gif
bar2.gif
bar2-r.gif
clear.gif
69 55.65%
No
bar3-l.gif
bar3.gif
bar3-r.gif