Votes: 130 89.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

Wow! I really like this idea and I have something to add onto it. If there is going to be a time limit on getting the required items, then the luck of those jobs should also be increased, thus making the items relatively easier to get. If the luck cannot be increased, then simply increase the time limit to say two or three weeks. I'd say up to a maximum of one month to complete the merchant quest. And also, the price of such products should be increased, even if it is only very slightly. If not, then increase the reward. It all depends on how difficult the job/quest is.

There's no time limit on other quests, why would there be one on this? And why would it affect luck? The whole point of the suggestion is to use these mini quests to get people to do jobs that no one does. The quests alone are supposed to do that. Increasing luck is not necessary to motivate people to do the jobs, that's what the quests are for.

There's also no logical reason for luck to be altered in any way. Why would doing a quest change the likelihood of finding items or the quality of items found?

DeletedUser

I really like the idea, hope some of the devs see this, oh and elmyr is mostly right, although i would like to see a time limit, or a limit on the number of merchant tasks you could take on at once

DeletedUser

It shows you have given a lot of thought to this. It also shows you know its implementation would create an imbalance. You as much as say so in your presentation that duelers (soldiers) gain their xp and money primarily from dueling. I do not have a pure dueler character, but it sure sounds like a safe way to gain financially by all but the fighters. This would lessen the financial balance towards those classes.

Red Falcon

Okay, well the reason I say 'Raise the luck' is because some items are so hard to obtain from certain jobs, they are almost IMPOSSIBLE to obtain. It must have taken me WEEKS just to finish the Birthday Quest just because I could not get a Union Flag all that time.

DeletedUser

The idea is to add new quests that use neglected jobs, not add new easy quests.

Red Falcon

I am not saying they should be easy. But by the same token, they should not be impossible or frustrating either.

DeletedUser

When a quest shows up for 6 union flags, don't take it, unless you feel really lucky :)

The solution to impossible quests (which will be rare considering most items are easy enough to get) is to include a timeout on quests. As soon as nobody accepts a quest for 3 days, it's gone. That will filter out the really hard ones that no-one's willing to accept. The merchant will assume that nobody's interested.

The quests will definitly not have any impact on the jobs that have to be done, because that will again create imbalance. And that's what we want to prevent!

DeletedUser

I love the idea and it's much better than the other idea to promote the usage of rubbish jobs.

just one question these merchant quests, should they be done as a group or individually. i'm just scim reading so i missed it. i know i'm lazy :D

Wow! I really like this idea and I have something to add onto it. If there is going to be a time limit on getting the required items, then the luck of those jobs should also be increased, thus making the items relatively easier to get. If the luck cannot be increased, then simply increase the time limit to say two or three weeks. I'd say up to a maximum of one month to complete the merchant quest. And also, the price of such products should be increased, even if it is only very slightly. If not, then increase the reward. It all depends on how difficult the job/quest is.

if you want an easy game go play pacman. actually that might be too hard for you you have to run away from things by pressing buttons.

DeletedUser

i think its a greatidea, but would people e bothered to do it? when there other jobs would be easier to organzie?

DeletedUser

i love the idea but as mentioned before no one person will have access to all jobs so i suggest doing it this way

increase the amount needed and make it a town quest. the money and xp would be split between the town members that helped with the quest

DeletedUser

I like Lorgos's idea of making it a town quest, but would suggest that the reward is only payed out if the entire order is filled. If as a group we only collected 45 out of the 50 oranges we needed, then we get screwed.

DeletedUser

The town quest isn't a bad idea, but I think it's too different from the original idea and should have it's own thread instead of hijacking this one.

DeletedUser

I liked the original post as well, and would support it either way.

DeletedUser

The town quest isn't a bad idea, but I think it's too different from the original idea and should have it's own thread instead of hijacking this one.

my intent isent to hijack but improve upon the origonal idea. the way im reading it one person would have a large list of things to get to complete the quest.This makes it an impossible task because there is no way for one person to complete such a list as job acsess would prevent it. That is why i made the suggestion i did .

DeletedUser

Okay...I probably shouldn't have used the term "hijack" because the idea was inspired by this idea and that's why you posted it here, but I think a town quest is a different enough idea (and a good enough idea) to merit it's own thread.

DeletedUser

This is definitly not intended as a town quest. You indeed might want to suggest that in a new thread, and point to this one for the initial explanation.

Is there any info on how the devs are receiving this?

DeletedUser

I back this idea exceptionally - I would like some discussion on this in development discussions.

DeletedUser

i think town quests and these merchant style things are needed for the game

Status
Not open for further replies.