Votes: 130 89.7%
  • No

Votes: 15 10.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser

First off, I oppose bundling in this kind of complication with this proposal. I support keeping proposals fairly simple. After this basic idea makes it into the game, we can see how we like it and formulate additional future proposals based on that, and that's when I'd (potentially) support a modification like your 3/4 baked idea. :)

Second, I oppose making the reward system a straight multiplier-based system. Doing that means essentially just increasing the rewards of the job itself by some multiplier, for the duration of the quest. Instead, the original suggestion of doing X and getting reward Y is more attractive to me; it makes the X -- whatever it may be, specifically -- somehow more "special" than X-1 or X+1. It makes the player think a bit about whether they have the time to do X before the deadline. It introduces a modest risk (of practically wasting some time/effort if the deadline is missed), and thus some excitement.

I don't entirely object to having some reward for a partial completion of the quest, but it should be at a penalty, not a straight apportionment, IMO. Also, not yet; again, keep the initial proposal simple and let it get implemented before marking it all up with modifications and complications. Of particular value is keeping a proposal within the boundaries of the existing game mechanics and database structures, as that allows for implementation without significant development effort.

I do like your suggestion of choosing how many of a product to turn in, and would definitely support that if we go with a modifcation allowing for turning in some amount other than exactly what was asked for. However, once again, I'd recommend against including that modification yet.

Okay, I see where you're coming from. I guess I got a little carried away when I was writing my suggestion. I didn't want it to be so broad that it got rejected completely, so that's why I added in the specifics and such. I do see the point you're making though.

Sorry for going overboard. >.>

DeletedUser

havent read the whole thread, so i dont know if im gonna repeat or no.

i would suggest that merchants level would rise due to completion of his quests instead of building it as a separate building...

DeletedUser

what about putting something in with this idea to increase the stock of items in a store
then as items are bought up they would have to be replenished so a town never really stops growing. the merchant class or something could look after th stock of items in each shop kinda like the builders build up the buildings ?? the list of available items could be traded in and out with regard to level or something ??

DeletedUser2722

What is the current schedule for this idea to be installed and put into play? I am getting kinda antsy. :p

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Honestly, I haven't taken the time to read through all eleven pages so I am sorry if this has been brought up before but here is what I think.

I like the idea, but I think it needs some slight changes.

First, I don't think that the job should be removed from the list the minute that someone accepts it. All this does is create a race to see who can get the best request first and say what you want, but there will be a best request no matter what. All this will do is create tension between town members over who gets what request, how many you can do, etc. My advice is to make the jobs available to all but have a sign up sheet for each job which makes players request jobs rather than accept them immediately. Make the town work together to figure out who will do what job as opposed to forcing them to scramble to take jobs from others. If the town is coordinated in filling their requests, they can potentially fill all of the requests and gain additional rewards. If the town is uncoordinated, it may not do as well. This inspires town members to work together to accomplish a larger goal.

Or leave that option to the town, first come first serve or coordination. First come first serve is easier but potentially less efficient but coordination will require team-work and be more complicated but done correctly, can be far more efficient than first come first serve. I will go into more detail at a later time if asked to do so, this is simply the general idea.

Second, the reward should be something larger than simply experience and money. Perhaps different items available the week after (items would change week to week so that no town could get all of the items and the quality and amount of items would vary based on how many many requests were met and how difficult the requests were) or bonuses to buildings (merchant could provide new tools to lower difficulty of building, hire professional builders to build a specific building for a certain amount of time or provide bonuses to existing buildings. Once again, based around the number of requests filled and their difficulty) or could give energy and motivation boosts to the towns members (or potentially premium bonuses). Something to get away from the money and exp that everything else gives. For it to actually stop the monotony and break players away from doing their best jobs, we have to provide something that the best jobs alone will not provide.

DeletedUser

If I remember correctly (which I might not!) this hasn't been brought up before. It looks good, and I think that anything which encourages town members to co-operate (ie the first point) is good. However with the second point, I doubt Innogames will give away premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.