town jobs/ courier system

DeletedUser

Knight, it doesn't matter. It is going to the devs as a proposal that passed. It has a very good chance of being implemented. So I don't get your point. It is better than Nacho's but some people said no? So? Majority wins in Development Discussion. This idea won't go anywhere.

DeletedUser

many people always vote no... the day that a developmental idea gets a yes voted from everybody and the devs all discuss and vote yes, and it gets implemented almost immediately... the day that happens, the the person that came up with that idea might be: worshiped, placed in a high position in development, or at least be regarded as a genius!

so that is the point of discussion, it wouldn't exist if everything was always voted yes

i just want to see something like this implemented (when i say, like this, i mean something where you can deposit when not at your town)

edit: anything where you don't have to walk to your town, then deposit... the thread you showed me was a great idea...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Then you should have to pay for the service of a courier. The courier should also be vulnerable to losing money in duels. By the time the cost and the risk are added in I don't know how many people would opt for a courier like that. Delivering purchased items would be even trickier. Either you get the item or it gets stolen.

Honestly, in 5 worlds I've played I haven't once had a situation where I needed to buy and use an item right away. Plus the courier should take a realistic amount of time to pick the money up from you, go to the town to purchase the item, then return the item to you. Would realistically be the same amount of time it would take you to do the same thing. So I don't see where you are saving time with this option.

DeletedUser

........ this is true........ i guess it is a good idea in theory, but not in action.....

well it just proves that you know what you are talking about :D

DeletedUser

No it doesn't. Read that thread again. They still have to go to town to make the deposit. It is no different than how it is now except depositing becomes like a job where you can cue it.

DeletedUser

yes it only makes it easier... this is so you would not have to walk to town, then bank... you would just cue it to walk to town and automatically bank

DeletedUser

the bank deposit will b like a queable job and ensures saving atleast some money

DeletedUser

Then you lose 1/3 of your money. As it should be because that is the only way duelers make money. There are ways to protect your money from duelers. This is not one of them. Duelers and Soldiers have to make money too ya know. This idea really isn't going anywhere and no way are the devs going to implement a fool-proof easy system for players to never have to carry money.

DeletedUser

Knight, schedulable bank deposits have been voted on and will probably be implemented. They are not going to implement a courier or any such nonsense. Give it up. The reality is that if you want to use a courier to deposit your money you should have to pay a fee for it. Probably a percentage of what you want deposited or a flat rate depending on the amount to deposit. Then the courier will have to take time to get to your location. Then the courier has to pick up the money and go to your town to deposit it. The courier should be duelable or have a chance to lose your money as well.

So basically anyone that uses the service will end up losing money because they have to pay for the service, possibly lose their entire deposit to a dueler and in half the player could have walked to their town and deposited the entire amount. Can you tell me how this idea makes sense?

DeletedUser

Well they should be able to. Why shouldn't they? Duelers and soldiers have to make money. The idea is unbalanced if you can't duel a courier. For that reason alone the idea fails the requirements to be implemented.