Town Economy

DeletedUser

Just a thought to encourage the promotion of incentive in building up a town's various buildings...
If each building were to have a certain percentage of proceeds derived from each sale of service (i.e. purchase of an item, sale of an item, stay in a hotel) whereby the percentage was automatically deposited into the town treasury it would promote larger initial buildups of towns as opposed to getting a town, "Fort ready". In essence imposing a sales tax to show some benefit as opposed to simply having the money vanish into the wasted depths of void internet with each transaction. From this point the proceeds (whatever percentage) could thereby be directly posted to the town's treasury, or could be re-distributed to the members of the town. (If it were a higher percentage, a distribution to town-members would make more sense as the overall yield would be miniscule. A lower percentage, say 50% could be directly deposited back into the town treasury in a lump sum which could then be used to further the town's growth.)
Just something a few friends and I have batted around with one another. The programming could be melded with the existing fairly easily and, I believe, would enhance the game immensely to the point of encouraging others to join the game to the end of building up a town together.

Thanks for reading!

- Ksigdoughboy from Westlake ;)

DeletedUser18690

I agree, I think it would be cool to allow moneys to be invested back into the town treasury to allow growth in the town when wandering individuals come through and purchase supplies, weapons, clothing, or sleep at the local hotel (especially). It would be great and very helpful for those of us who are smaller towns and may only have 1 or 2 individuals building the town. Plus, it would be more realistic rather than having the moneys vanishing into the thin dusty air. :)

Diggo11

The money comes out of thin dusty air, and it all goes back at some point ;)

There is no logical reason why buying gear should benefit your treasury. YOU could have put that money in the treasury and YOU choose not to. Instead go use that gear to gain more LP and jobs, bringing even more money back to the treasury.

DeletedUser

Just a thought to encourage the promotion of incentive in building up a town's various buildings...

There already is an incentive for building the town shops. The ability to buy new items. If your town is not building the shops, it's time you find a new town. However, I'm guessing that you're a founder. Get over it: your town isn't going to get anywhere. I would say this to anyone in a town with less than 30 players. That is not a personal insult.

If each building were to have a certain percentage of proceeds derived from each sale of service (i.e. purchase of an item, sale of an item, stay in a hotel)

Think that through, my man! Instead of donating to the town, your members will now just spend their money on new items, since (in your suggestion) 50% of the money is going to the town treasury!

If each building were to have a certain percentage of proceeds derived from each sale of service . . . automatically deposited into the town treasury it would promote larger initial buildups of towns . . .

No kidding. Any money deposit promotes buildup.

In essence imposing a sales tax to show some benefit as opposed to simply having the money vanish into the wasted depths of void internet with each transaction.

The money came out of the "wasted depths of void internet." Are you going to come up with a plan to change that? What about the other 50% of the transaction that isn't deposited into the town treasury?

. . . the proceeds (whatever percentage) could thereby be directly posted to the town's treasury, or could be re-distributed to the members of the town.

What would be the purpose of giving the money to the town members? :laugh:

If it were a higher percentage, a distribution to town-members would make more sense as the overall yield would be miniscule. A lower percentage, say 50% could be directly deposited back into the town treasury . . .

Please explain the reasoning behind giving the higher percentage to the town members?! Isn't you idea to help town growth?

Also, 50% is low? :blink:

[This] would enhance the game immensely to the point of encouraging others to join the game to the end of building up a town together.

You obviously arn't very active players. Towns can be built very quickly. In fact, I wish that the process was harder.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

If there were a storekeeper class or something quite the same, I'd be all for this. But the closest we have are people selling their items to the store and throwing their money into the bank, and the treasury. I could see "taxing" the money as it enters the bank, to fill the city coffers. But, that would seem to discourage people from dropping funds into the bank.