Town Cinema

Protasov

I realize that creating a video advertisement might be costly, and Inno might be hesitant to invest in such, but I always find it funny when watching in my town cinema and its still informing me that Hercules will be released in July 2014!

upload_2018-8-6_10-35-47.png

DeletedUser35101

I wonder why Miw's video about west is not included into cinema... as i remember when contest was about it, it was said winners video will be included into cinema... but i could also remember wrongly...

DeletedUser26820

If I recall correctly, and I can stand to be corrected, but the initial intent of the Cinema was for corporations to advertise in The West with Inno.
For example and not infringing on anything copyrighted, but Ford Motor Company could give to Inno a "movie" for our Cinema, advertising their line of products or just focusing on the F-350, their 3/4 ton truck.
Colgate could have done a toothpaste movie.
Kentucky Fried Chicken could have offered a deal on a 10-piece bucket.

Every time that "movie" was played and watched by that corporation, Inno could track it, thereby charging Ford Motor Company or Colgate or KFC a fee of xxxxx for each of that movie watched by it's audience, us.

So my summation is that it never materialized. Either Inno gave up on it, or the Marketing and Advertising departments of companies of Ford, Colgate and KFC didn't want to pay the fee Inno is asking, and/or possibly seeing no cost:benefit for their target base and potential customers.

So we're stuck with the same Hercules movie clip with some Inno advertisements of their own games.
Let's appreciate them. Don't crap on the opportunity as the Cinema wasn't always part of the game.
They give us free hp, energy, and mot on a daily basis that wasn't always a part of the game.

Dwayne Johnson is still The Rock.....

Last edited by a moderator:

Abydos1

I wonder why Miw's video about west is not included into cinema... as i remember when contest was about it, it was said winners video will be included into cinema... but i could also remember wrongly...

I didn't know Miw made a video, where is it? o_O

DeletedUser34194

deiben is probably right, or at least close.

But the contest Lucky mentions could probably be an ongoing thing. Not as a contest but as fan/player submittal. Players would make short Inno game themed clips to be played in the movie theater. Wouldn't cost Inno anything to produce or upload it to the theaters and offer a change of pace for movie goers ;)

Nisa

deiben is probably right, or at least close.

But the contest Lucky mentions could probably be an ongoing thing. Not as a contest but as fan/player submittal. Players would make short Inno game themed clips to be played in the movie theater. Wouldn't cost Inno anything to produce or upload it to the theaters and offer a change of pace for movie goers ;)

Nice idea. We are planning on running some contest/events for players with various themes and I dont see why winner's work wouldn't be added to cinemas, but I will have to check this out with higher authorities.

@lucky I thought miw won quest competition, not sure about video, would need to check on that.

DeletedUser6752

I do remember watching European-produced ads for cars, etc. on the beta server when the Cinema first came out. There was also an ad for a German energy company, if I recall - but it's possible that Inno, not being so widely known in the US for example, couldn't get much in the way of regionalized advertising deals done. Who knows if maybe the deal for Hercules is still in effect, and they're still making a bit of coin off of it? All I want - BEG for - is for them to get rid of the "Sheriff Doofus" commercial. That one really bugs the heck out of me, and I can imagine that anybody who's seen it knows which one I mean by the name I've given it.
If Inno are advertising their own games within their games, it can't be all that expensive and they might as well use player-generated ads as well. It could only improve matters.

DeletedUser26820

Home run post, Lucky. Exactly what should be encouraged. There's no reason the #3 video you referenced shouldn't be in the Cinema with it's contributor receiving xxxx nuggets or whatever in lieu of the Hercules movie that I'd be really surprised if Inno is receiving any compensation for running.

I can understand Inno wanting to run movies for FOE, Elvanar and it's other games, to advertise them, but if corporate sponsors aren't banging down Inno's doors to get their products marketed to us, it just makes too much sense for a Challenge to be hosted among The West Players for those that play the game to come up with a movie, it win the Challenge, it be put into the Cinema, and the owner/contributor of that movie get a few thousand nuggets. For if players of the The West aren't it's best advertisers and marketers, who is? No-Brainer.... means it'll never happen.