Town Building: Advice

• Thread starter Black Jaques Shelack
  • Start date

DeletedUser

I've done a little searching and have not been able to find any guides on Town Building Strategies.

I wonder if any experienced players would be willing to put their ideas out into the world and express their approach and the logic to it?

Thanks in advance.

DeletedUser14192

Well Mountain Dell has rules taht were set forth by Kubbe...

These rules basically stated a requirement of what clothes had to be worn, (heavy in the skills needed to build buildings better/easier)

The builders also had to be accredited (so they needed the clothes) which required something like over 400 'construction points' to their name and all skill points into the skills that builders need for construction.

there were also limits of only 6 Hours of Construction a Day and ALWAYS in 2 Hour Blocks. Builders are to 'pray' through out construction (without their hat or weapons and while wearing the 'cross' or 'sunday clothes' if they had it [again praying is not proven to do anything per say)

It worked out pretty well for Mountain Dell, we've got the Golden Bullet/Buffalo/Cross and Precise Peacemaker and... another highly sought gun as well. But you have to remember it's always 'chance and gamble' on what your going to get.

DeletedUser

Thanks Brad,

I guess that covers an approach to builder recruitment for more advanced players (400 construction minimum, will get it done fast, but needs some really high level builders). For less advanced players, I guess just scale the numbers back to your level, correct?

Does anyone have any ideas about building development orders? Are some more beneficial early? Is it best to get them all built first then focus on residence, for example?

DeletedUser

If you build up the town Hall it lowers the difficulty to build everything by 5 points per level of the town hall.

You need residences built up a level or two anyway in order to invite others into town, other wise you are just limited to invited 4 players other then yourself.

Some say praying helps but the devs say it's not good to do it too often. It's a personal choice on it mainly.

Anything high in construction points will help you also. A lot of cloths have level requirements so whatever is highest in construction for your level.

A good place to check on whats best to wear is weststats.com.

DeletedUser14192

Smitten Kitten is correct I forgot about that, def. building the Town Hall is key (and for recruitment the hotel is key)

DeletedUser14239

Don't let the soldiers build, no offense, but there are a few that keep building in my town and they waste ALOT of money.

DeletedUser

jacob you could always tell them like we did, if you want to build then do it out of your own money and not the treasury.

DeletedUser

So I'm just going to paraphrase what I've heard so far:

Only use your best builders to build (those with the highest contruction skill), and have them use the best items available to buff that skill for their level.

Build up residences to allow your town to have more members (do it early as it reduces cost per player for donations).

Build up Town Hall early to reduce build costs.

Build Hotel early to make your town a more attractive site for recruitment purposes (free resting).

Has any one any advice about the stores? Is there one that's more important to start with, or is it a case of six of one, half dozen of the other?

DeletedUser

On the shops it pretty much depends on the members you have. Tailor shop has your clothing, head and foot wear. General store has your neck wear and animals. Gunsmith has your weapons.

Level 5 general store has your construction bows. (bow ties)
Level 7 Tailor has your construction jackets. (cotton jackets)

DeletedUser

Build up Town Hall early to reduce build costs.
It dosen't reduce the costs it reduces the difficulty (labor points) But if your pure construction it really wont matter because you pretty much build up on labor points in constructing. So imo, If your a worker then leave the town hall to build last.

DeletedUser

Not everyone goes pure builder. And it may not reduce the cost per hour but it does reduce it in the end. If the Town hall is level 10 it reduces the difficulty by 50 points, the lower the difficulty the more labor points you have, the higher the number of construction points added to a building per hour. The more construction points you add per hour the less it costs to build.

DeletedUser

Not everyone goes pure builder. And it may not reduce the cost per hour but it does reduce it in the end. If the Town hall is level 10 it reduces the difficulty by 50 points, the lower the difficulty the more labor points you have, the higher the number of construction points added to a building per hour. The more construction points you add per hour the less it costs to build.
Yes But, Most people who found there town should be able to have some building skills if they want there town to be successful.