Town Application Button

DeletedUser

this is the general idea as follows:

1the request to join town.

this would be a button available when people click on a founder/counceller. it would come up with the usal duel, send telegram etc, then the new button. instead of sending out invites people could ask to join in a simple click. good for someone looking for a town to join, and like the look of a town. it would then show up in reports "someone108 has requested to join your town" then the usual tick and cross. also to avoid people taking one look at your request it would show level, current cash and last town joined. it would then make you look more favourable. thanks to elmyr, i will add the idea of a disable recruitment for towns and leaders who prefer to choose and not to be pestered, vert useful and people ive seen would like this option. also taking another idea from elmyr and town recruitment on the forum. a application where everyone has a template (custom if needed) and as on the forum you fill it out, name level highest skill money etc, andd any extra details. also previous members who left the town would be logged so when they request to rejoin they dont need to fill out the application. the sender would have a free xgoice of who to send it to in the town as long as they are a counceller or founder.

regarding the self invitations, you would be able to send/recive as many invites as you like, and you can only accept the amount you can hold (e.g. you have 10 members, residence lvl3, you have 6 invites you can only choose 5, others remain there until room is made or deleted

also anyone who doesnt want to fill out an application, they could just send the old "someone108 has requested to join your town. accept? deny?"

any refinements or more ideas to this are welcome
thanks so far for pointingg out weaknesses in the idea

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

Most founders ignore 1 line applications to join " let me join your town"

a no line application would fair even worse ;)

Also there's already a thread for minor ideas:unsure:

DeletedUser

hi there

you gave me an idea of it showing current kevel, cash and last occupucy thanks. i af-dded then to the idea.

Deleted User - 819397

I have to say, besides the invite idea, I like it. The church part especially sounds good, since most everybody respects churches, even if they don't personally believe in what that curch talks about.

DeletedUser

so that:

1) you are much lazy...;)

2) this idea is HERE

3) and 4) you don't know, what causes church...:nowink:
Inno have their plan with church..

DeletedUser

i cant really understand what you said there..but as interpreate, yes i know about town combat tab, i didnt read that post, so my fault,and you say inno have plans for the church?

YOUR LAZY I CAST THEE OUT OF MY HOLY CHURCH (joke)

DeletedUser

1. the request to join town.

this would be a button available when people click on a founder/counceller. it would come up with the usal duel, send telegram etc, then the new button. instead of sending out invites people could ask to join in a simple click. good for someone looking for a town to join, and like the look of a town. it would then show up in reports "someone108 has requested to join your town" then the usual tick and cross. also to avoid people taking one look at your request it would show level, current cash and last town joined. it would then make you look more favourable.

I had a similar, but much more complicated, suggestion to move recruiting in game, but I was never motivated to refine it. I like it. I'd add messages to it, from the town giving application requirements, and from the player with his application or any details he wants to add. I'd also add an option to disable recruiting.

2. mortician "view in detail"

a litt;e button/tab that gives you a list of all players that have dueled you and other town members and the other way round. it would provide results and the actual duel what ttook place. and to save space, only so much records could build up (e.g. after 150, old ones get auto deleted)
useful for people with "revenge on others dueling there town members" and people to look at town history. this would have limited view for outside people, they wouldnt see the actual duel only, who won/lost.

Your own mortician stats

3. church time increase.

this would give you the amount of time like a job. 10mins 30mins etc.\
this would also make it more challenging to get a medal for this (i belive h-there is one). it would give players a longer stay in church and another little feature,

Pass. And if praying medals are time related, it would make it easier, not harder. Also, what if "too much" is defined as praying more than 15 minutes?

4. protection in church (linked with idea above

say ypunpray for 2 hours, as many peoplewere christain, it would not allow anyone to duel you until you finish praying, however, this is not another "safehaven idea" its based on the cultural society of which this game is based on during 1800s

The Old West was not incredibly civilized. I really doubt John Wesley Hardin would have any qualms against killing you in a church.

DeletedUser

i changed the ideas to just one, the invite and took improvements on board

DeletedUser

I changed the title for you. Doing it yourself just changes the title of the first post, not the thread.

DeletedUser

This would be useful for town members who've left to go shopping and need an invite back.

However, one big drawback that I can see, is that these self-invitations might be added to the total number of invitations available. When you've got a town that's close to maxed out, that could be annoying.

Deleted User - 819397

Ok, just to clear something up for me, what will show up for the designated diplomat when someone clicks the application button?