Touch Screen and The West

passari

Hi,

I didn't find answer using search....

My problem is how to scroll map when using touch screen? I have try ipad and mobiles (Lumia series) but both do the same, whole screen move, not a game map. Only way, how I can move around is open mini map and choose right place. It is annoying if wanted location is just out of screen. So is it some trick for this problem?

DeletedUser

No trick that I know of. There used to be 4 arrows middle of the screen edge for up, down, left and right but they are not there anymore.

DeletedUser22685

The Puffin mobile browser would be your best bet, I haven't ever tried it because I have never been inclined to play from my phone, but the game is quite compatible with it, even fort battles due to its flash support.

You can download the free version of Puffin from the App Store (which I believe comes with a two week flash player trial, if you so desire to play fort battles from your iPad/phone you'll need to buy the full version after the two weeks is up), and see if it works.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser

I never had issues loading battles with FF on android, but I never played much on the phone either. I can see it getting frustrating on ipad tho with no possibility to move around the map without mini-map.

passari

Thanks for everyone.

I have been never try FF with phone or ipad so flash isn't important. I have enough when I can make some work and (daily) quest with these machines so this moving thing is only task which doesn't work properly. I use these touch screen machines only when I'm out of office or home so this isn't big issue.

DeletedUser

I use Google Chrome app on the iPhone and to scroll around, I unfortunately have to open the mini map and click on the spot I want to go to. If you are after jobs, use the job search button then touch the map to go there. I can do everything I need to for the game from the browser apart from actually fort fighting, but, you can still sign in and place your locator for fort fights,

DeletedUser

Photon Browser, available for Android, will allow you to scroll the map and participate in battles via Notepad and Phone. I use it for free, so the only issue is ads.

jarograv

With ipod touch (and I assume iphone and ipad) you can place one finger on the screen and drag a second finger making the map scroll. Hope this helps!

passari

With ipod touch (and I assume iphone and ipad) you can place one finger on the screen and drag a second finger making the map scroll. Hope this helps!

Thanks!

I test windows8 with touch screen, too. When you put your finger in screen and wait a while, then you can scroll the big map too.

DeletedUser

Umm, not really. When you hold your finger on the screen, the right mouse button menu pops up. I got it to move a couple times, but it was not easy. If I hold my finger to little on it, nothing happens, to long and the menu pops up. I rather use the pen ;)
And the ipod touch trick doesn't work either. But is rare that I need to use my finger and dont have other option to scroll with, so using minimap once in a while is not bad.

PS: or maybe is just my screen protection preventing me from properly using the function, cause it does lock the map on the cursor. Meh!