Topics for discussion

NovaStar

Actually, just at a glance, from the first one...obviously, you do not want damagers on points...you want HP on points (1,3,7 and 9). percentages? Who's going to count when they sign up? but, it's different ...that's for sure... I forget who posted it earlier, but the simpler, the better...

I would also suggest, Goober maybe signing up for regular battles more often and maybe looking at some of the topics that are set in the various worlds you are now in...watch the battle play out and see if you can figure out WHY the topics are as they are...? Just a thought. I think it would be easier to understand topics first so you know what and how to set them maybe?

NovaStar

Please know Goober that I do appreciate your efforts, truly...I definitely did not mean any disrespect in any way toward you...

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Fort Balancing Strategist
If YOU would post all of those as a Digger, they're viable. If you would not, please don't make us use them!
Well, Awesomia battles are different in that they tend to bring out a number of irregular players not in correct gear and a number fail to set at all. Awesomia also has the special building level settings. Add in that I need to use the same set of orders for El Dorado's 9v9 battles and Colorado's (occasional) 150v120

As such a 10-15% chance of a flag rush seems a reasonable choice to me when in normal circumstances I would never call for a flag rush. Otherwise I think these would are all reasonable options for those considerations

NovaStar

Sorry, I do have to add one more thing...the best way to understand topics and how to set them is to actually lead the battles you set them for. This is the best way to know how good a topic is and if they work or are viable...

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Actually, just at a glance, from the first one...obviously, you do not want damagers on points...you want HP on points (1,3,7 and 9). percentages? Who's going to count when they sign up? but, it's different ...that's for sure... I forget who posted it earlier, but the simpler, the better...

I would also suggest, Goober maybe signing up for regular battles more often and maybe looking at some of the topics that are set in the various worlds you are now in...watch the battle play out and see if you can figure out WHY the topics are as they are...? Just a thought. I think it would be easier to understand topics first so you know what and how to set them maybe?
the percentages are the odds a given topic is used

Caerdwyn

Well, Awesomia battles are different in that they tend to bring out a number of irregular players not in correct gear and a number fail to set at all.

You're not writing Topic for those people. By Round2 on-liners can identify those people. Volunteer leaders, leader by committee, or just people who know what they're supposed to be doing then doing it, will ignore the unhelpful. At best, they're low percentage turrets or speed bumps.

The only people who care which Topic gets put up, are the people who care that a Topic was put up and can try to use one to their advantage. Previously, Awesomia didn't have any Topic; I think the current batch, as well as the new proposals, are all better than what was.

Oddersfield

Well, Awesomia battles are different in that they tend to bring out a number of irregular players not in correct gear and a number fail to set at all. Awesomia also has the special building level settings. Add in that I need to use the same set of orders for El Dorado's 9v9 battles and Colorado's (occasional) 150v120

As such a 10-15% chance of a flag rush seems a reasonable choice to me when in normal circumstances I would never call for a flag rush. Otherwise I think these would are all reasonable options for those considerations

Why do different worlds have to have the same set instructions? It makes no sense to me that 9 v 9's should be set up in the same way as 150 v 120. Granted you don't know exact numbers before any Awesomia ff starts, but I can guarantee you 100% that Colorado will always have way more players than El Dorado, Galveston etc.

If a 10% prospect of victory for an attack is viewed as being reasonable, then it is no surprise that attacks are poorly supported when players have the choice.

Goober Pyle

The West Team
Why do different worlds have to have the same set instructions? It makes no sense to me that 9 v 9's should be set up in the same way as 150 v 120. Granted you don't know exact numbers before any Awesomia ff starts, but I can guarantee you 100% that Colorado will always have way more players than El Dorado, Galveston etc.

If a 10% prospect of victory for an attack is viewed as being reasonable, then it is no surprise that attacks are poorly supported when players have the choice.

I have to operate under the assumption that it won’t always be me therefore I need to create standardized, minimally complicated, one size fits all procedures that somebody else can pick up and run with

While I can tweak things on a case by case basis I have to respect my own time and also avoid appearance of impropriety